Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Here's Why The McLaren F1 is the Greatest Car Ever Made - Doug Demuro

Old 03-22-19, 02:52 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

When doug de muro blundered completely the review of the Lexus RCF, he lost, in my eyes, a lot of credibility. So his opinion stays his opinion. As I would discard everyones opinion that is not an expert, what Doug proved to be with his RCF review.

Disrigerading his opinion, I find a car that costs 20 million dollars, to be a p_nis compoensation tool. It has no physical use.

I have much more respect for cars like the Toyota GT86, the new Supra or the Nissan 350z, that are trying to bring sportscar to the peoples enjoying them.
Old 03-22-19, 03:40 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Benoit
When doug de muro blundered completely the review of the Lexus RCF, he lost, in my eyes, a lot of credibility. So his opinion stays his opinion. As I would discard everyones opinion that is not an expert, what Doug proved to be with his RCF review.

Disrigerading his opinion, I find a car that costs 20 million dollars, to be a p_nis compoensation tool. It has no physical use.

I have much more respect for cars like the Toyota GT86, the new Supra or the Nissan 350z, that are trying to bring sportscar to the peoples enjoying them.
well doug's inadequacies aside, i'm not sure i get your criticism of the f1 here... you know it didn't cost 20 million dollars right? if i recall correctly the entire f1 project was actually a financial loss for mclaren, plus the f1 has rather subdued looks and relatively small overall dimensions so i think there's far better compensation tools lol...

i know the value of the car definitely does prevent people from using it as gordon murray intended, but considering there's only 64 f1s out there for the entire rest of history, it really doesn't matter if something happens to it

rowan atkinson crashed his f1 like twice and it still sold for over $12 million (and i mean like seriously crashed), but yes lack of use is the unfortunate nature of things that end up becoming so valuable
Old 03-22-19, 04:09 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Benoit

Whats the issue with the RC-F and Doug. His patented Doug score was 62, just 3 off the LC. He gave it a 9 out of 10 for quality. I don’t sss the issue
Old 03-22-19, 04:41 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 184 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

Whats the issue with the RC-F and Doug. His patented Doug score was 62, just 3 off the LC. He gave it a 9 out of 10 for quality. I don’t sss the issue
Lol that stupid Doug score. That alone discredits him, even when I watched him before I got sick of him I would always skip those.
Old 03-22-19, 05:10 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
Lol that stupid Doug score. That alone discredits him, even when I watched him before I got sick of him I would always skip those.
We like the Doug scores better than the Alex in Autos ratings.
Old 03-22-19, 05:13 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
We like the Doug scores better than the Alex in Autos ratings.
Haven't seen those scores but I have seen his reviews, hmm.
Old 03-22-19, 05:19 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Haven't seen those scores but I have seen his reviews, hmm.
Alex does ratings. Like A or B.

my husband pointed out that Doug does Weekend and then Daily categories. Something different. But he is biased
Old 03-23-19, 06:52 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed many people fail to understand The Doug Score. Comments on Youtube are always criticizing it. I agree, it's an unusual ratings system but it's his way of ranking ALL cars against each other, not classes and segments which almost everyone else does.

For example, he may review a car that has the best acceleration in its respective class (say full sized SUV) but it may still get a "2 out of 10" because compared to a Dodge Demon or Model S Performance, it's a 2. He does this with every category.
Old 03-23-19, 11:36 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
I noticed many people fail to understand The Doug Score. Comments on Youtube are always criticizing it. I agree, it's an unusual ratings system but it's his way of ranking ALL cars against each other, not classes and segments which almost everyone else does.

For example, he may review a car that has the best acceleration in its respective class (say full sized SUV) but it may still get a "2 out of 10" because compared to a Dodge Demon or Model S Performance, it's a 2. He does this with every category.
No, I understand it, and still think it is very stupid.
Old 03-23-19, 12:09 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I understand it, and still think it is very stupid.
I don't care for that system either. I was just saying, based on tons of YouTube comments, that many people still don't know his system.