ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Assembly Plant (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/914193-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-assembly-plant.html)

bagwell 03-17-19 06:50 PM

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Assembly Plant

highly recommend the tour if you're in the area....free if you're with military.

Toys4RJill 03-21-19 08:33 PM

Nice video. Truly an exceptional sports car.

Benoit 03-22-19 03:00 AM

I find the factory very normal.
Beeing a GM group factory, I was awaiting lots of illegal activities. But they probably have received indications to behave properly when the cameras where presente.

Johnhav430 03-22-19 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Benoit (Post 10472804)
I find the factory very normal.
Beeing a GM group factory, I was awaiting lots of illegal activities. But they probably have received indications to behave properly when the cameras where presente.

What kind of activity were you expecting to see? Personally I wouldn't expect to see much questionable stuff going on at businesses, there should be an assumption everything is watched in 4K HD and offloaded to the cloud. People used to joke you can't even pick your nose, but now it's moot if you have to, who cares that it's on camera, everything you do is.

Toys4RJill 03-22-19 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Johnhav430 (Post 10472836)
What kind of activity were you expecting to see? .

No idea what one would expect. Everything at one of these plants would be likely on camera anyways.

Johnhav430 03-22-19 07:14 AM

I'm probably in the minority but there is a remote possibility that I will someday own a Corvette (everybody at work cringed when I said I liked the car after driving it was it last summer?). I don't even totally like the way the C7 looks--but it's more about what it technically is. The NA V8, the 7 speed manual. The one I drove wasn't even a Grand Sport, it was a base model, and plain and simply I liked the way it drove, and that's 85%+ of the equation...

wasjr 03-22-19 09:44 AM

I would also suggest stopping by. The Corvette Museum is next door. Both facilities are just off I-65 in Bowling Green, so easy access if you're driving through.

I'm an old fart now, but had a 79 Corvette in my single days. This was back when the speed limit was 75 and everyone drove 90+. Wired a headphone jack so I could pop in an 8-Track, put headphones on, take T Tops off and cruise down the interstate. Nashville to Atlanta was a quick trip back then. Sold the car when I got married and didn't need the bait any longer.

Johnhav430 03-22-19 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by wasjr (Post 10473012)
I would also suggest stopping by. The Corvette Museum is next door. Both facilities are just off I-65 in Bowling Green, so easy access if you're driving through.

I'm an old fart now, but had a 79 Corvette in my single days. This was back when the speed limit was 75 and everyone drove 90+. Wired a headphone jack so I could pop in an 8-Track, put headphones on, take T Tops off and cruise down the interstate. Nashville to Atlanta was a quick trip back then. Sold the car when I got married and didn't need the bait any longer.

8 track....sweet! Well, at least I'm old enough to have cassettes. I'll tell the story again. Asked this kid in the office, "Austin, you do know what a cd is, right?" He goes, "Of course I do. My parents have a huge collection. I've never used one, but of course I know what they are."

Then the other time when all the SVPs were hanging around talking about JT. I said yeah he's great, Carolina in my Mind, Fire and Rain, one of my favorites that I play, "Goodnight you moonlight ladies, and rock a bye sweet baby James."

"Justin Timberlake did all those tunes?"

Yes sir, I do like the Corvette.

bob67 03-23-19 11:04 AM

Kids tell me that the CD disc drive in my Lexus is old tech. I love it, much better than the cassettes we had in the "old" days!