Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Lincoln Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-19, 05:48 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
The Lincoln Continental interior is very nice for the price point.
Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
gotta love Lincoln going back to real names again especially with a naval/aviation theme: Corsair, Nautilus, Navigator, Aviator
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
alex likes it. interior looks great for a compact! exterior is bland but ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMP6JIpYZgk
With the new SUVs (especially Nav). I think Lincoln has surpassed Lexus on appeal, design, and value. These are excellent products.
Old 04-18-19, 11:59 AM
All4Lexus
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Yes, the Corsair has kicked it up a notch

I would consider this SUV over the XT4. The Lincoln guys get it over the Cadillac. A closer look shows Ford showing mastery of the SUV segment a lot better than Cadillac has shown.

Well done premiere at the NY19 Auto show. Even the external styling may seem bland, but I already like it better than what Lexus does with their RX & RXL. Corsair looks a bit more distinguished and upscale without trying too hard. Cadillac continues to have the wonky Egyptian/sad eyes look. Whoever approved this across multiple car lines for a 'signature' look has cost Cadillac more sales based on first exterior impression looks than the Lexus spindle grille.
Old 04-18-19, 04:41 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

The problem with Lincoln in my area is there is no convenient dealership and it's the only one. I have read that they will come to your home and pick up the vehicle for service. I'm not clear on the details if that would include a Corsair or be an add on charge.

Also, I would like to see the study that concluded Cadillac lost sales on initial impressions more than the spindle grill.
Old 04-18-19, 05:11 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMP6JIpYZgk
At 2:55, "Buttons that have lights which turn off when the car turns off..." Isn't that how all interior lights work? What am I missing?
Old 04-18-19, 05:16 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Tidy and smooth styling. Looks chiseled from one block, with a lot of restraint used. Well done, especially with the greenhouse.
The dash is really nothing more than a copy of older Audi A8's. Not a bad thing, but we've seen this look before at length.
Like everything I see here except the transmission buttons buried deep in the dash. I just can't see how that is convenient to use, especially when you need quick gear changes in busy parking lots.
Old 04-18-19, 07:46 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a baby aviator. That's a good thing!
Old 04-18-19, 08:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
At 2:55, "Buttons that have lights which turn off when the car turns off..." Isn't that how all interior lights work? What am I missing?
i think the point was the buttons sort of disappear once the lights are out.
Old 04-19-19, 04:23 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Looks like Lincoln may start making some inroads in the luxury market. I see this taking sales from the NX if priced right.
Old 04-19-19, 12:14 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
Looks like Lincoln may start making some inroads in the luxury market. I see this taking sales from the NX if priced right.
I agree. I think Lincoln will take from Lexus market share.
Old 04-19-19, 01:36 PM
All4Lexus
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
The problem with Lincoln in my area is there is no convenient dealership and it's the only one. I have read that they will come to your home and pick up the vehicle for service. I'm not clear on the details if that would include a Corsair or be an add on charge.

Also, I would like to see the study that concluded Cadillac lost sales on initial impressions more than the spindle grill.
Good car looks sells. The Stinger pulled it off. Audi is being careful here to hit a home run and they did so in recent refreshes. So did the Tesla series. No gimmicky 'e futuristic' bling like a BMW i3' or 'im a volt and different from my malibu sibling'. Aztek was a complete full body design failure.

Back on topic -- there's no such study, yet across several sedan models and suv's, the Cadillac had the dripping led eye signature. Tried to carry it forward into the CT6, now CT5... The whole line up of rebadged and rebranded Caddies are just not shaking out sales. If a whole swath of cars have a common look, and it doesnt vibe right with the buyer -- you've lost a potential sale just on looks alone. What Lexus has done is made the FSport tie in with the spindle grille -- making the sporty version more distinctive, which is a 'upgrade' over the base model. Dripping LED eyes dont cut it and it gets old real fast. A whole segment of car's with this dripping eye language is an epic fail and departure from what makes a Cadillac a luxury or premium car.

The headlights are statement features to appeal to buyers and when someone over looks it, or over gimmicks it, the whole car looks are off. Who are you trying to attract? The female buyer? The male buyer or the fringe buyer who is oblivious to how ugly a feature is on a vehicle?

Caddy's are losing it as a luxury brand and vehicle line slashing shows they do not get enough sales. Therefore they need to cut their losses and retool for the future. The 2020-29 decade of car biz will determine they have a real future as a BIG 3 or no longer relevant. Rising up to fight Tesla is not a battle to win if your cars are having styling flaws, technical deficiencies, and losing sales. The real solution is focus energies back into a product that will generate sales and interest. Price it too high and you're out of luck for any real brand sales momentum by those who can afford them. Think about this for a minute..."those who can afford them" have a lot of competing vehicle options for their $$. If Caddies are not going to give them warm fuzzies to 'freakin' love the vehicle or embrace it as a lifestyle vehicle, then it becomes a lost opportunity -- someone else has captivated their attention or offers a better package of excitement. Get the darn design right if you are going to price it higher than $50k. There's plenty of CRV's/Passports/UX/NX/CX5/CX9/XC40/XC60/Q5/Q3/Ascent/Foresters/Outback 's waiting in the wings to tempt buyers elsewhere but a Cadillac. What Lincoln is doing with Corsair and Aviator makes it a statement American SUV Style look. They own it now.
Old 04-19-19, 06:23 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

not as bland as mercedes' latest models.

several manufacturers are going after the melted butter look.
a benefit of that though is my bulbous 3GS doesn't look so outdated yet.
Old 04-20-19, 07:36 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

I remember when Acura did a survey and discovered that the individual model names, Vigor, Integra and Legend had
greater name recognition than the brand name Acura. So what did they do? Dropped the strong model names! Fail.
Old 04-20-19, 08:14 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
gotta love Lincoln going back to real names again especially with a naval/aviation theme: Corsair, Nautilus, Navigator, Aviator
Amen. I dunno who is doing it worse. BMW or Cadillac. Oh and Lexus changing all of their turbos over to 300 is dumb too.
Old 04-21-19, 08:41 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mcomer
I remember when Acura did a survey and discovered that the individual model names, Vigor, Integra and Legend had
greater name recognition than the brand name Acura. So what did they do? Dropped the strong model names! Fail.
What's worse is all the times these companies changes the letter/number scheme. No one can make sense of which Infiniti is what or the outgoing Lincoln MK nonsense.
Old 04-21-19, 08:43 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

It's too bad the new Escape that serves as the basis for the Corsair didn't get the overall shape as this. The Escape is a jellybean and a huge disappointment.

Quick Reply: 2020 Lincoln Corsair