Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Sequoia TRD Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-19, 02:25 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
Default 2020 Sequoia TRD Pro

saw the Sasquatch video before the reveal. I don't want to be negative as lately I have been leaning a little more negative than positive.

But serioulsy, this is worse than GM in the 80s and 90s. Remember when there was the 98 Tahoe Z71?

How on Earth is Toyota getting away with this model. If you watch the video, nobody clapped when the cover came off at the Auto Show, so the Toyota guys says "don't be bashful"

This is really sad.
Old 02-07-19, 02:33 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I came in here looking for some pictures, some specs. All I get was nothing lol

Old 02-07-19, 02:41 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Hard to post pics on mobile. Hold on....

https://www.motor1.com/news/304086/t...-pro-unveiled/
Old 02-07-19, 02:43 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

The Sequoia is long in the tooth, it is putting lipstick in a pig. Why not axe the Landcruiser for the US market, as sales are not material. I would redo the Sequoia and bring the model current and axe the LC. I usually see LCs sit on dealer lots around here for a year or so. I liked the Sequoia, bit it needs a major redo plus 25% or more better fuel economy. Great family hauler though.
Old 02-07-19, 02:48 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Land Cruiser has a prestige about it.

sequoia should of been canceled or redone by now.
Old 02-07-19, 03:02 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I'll take the Expedition every time over this. Kill it or redo it.
Old 02-07-19, 03:07 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

I'll take the Expedition every time over this. Kill it or redo it.
Thanks for adding the post Hoovey2411.
Old 02-07-19, 03:24 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Land Cruiser has a prestige about it.

sequoia should of been canceled or redone by now.
Maybe so, but LC sales in the US are much lower than Sequoia. Can’t live in the past. They should combine the LC and Sequoia and make one formidable large SUV for US market. As of now, they both are dated and have sales that are laughable.
Old 02-07-19, 03:26 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 233 Likes on 176 Posts

the sequoia is still pretty lit though, and has some serious oomph to it

i always said it was the best zombie apocalypse vehicle
Old 02-07-19, 03:50 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mbarron37

Maybe so, but LC sales in the US are much lower than Sequoia. Can’t live in the past. They should combine the LC and Sequoia and make one formidable large SUV for US market. As of now, they both are dated and have sales that are laughable.
I think they will merge them together. As for sated, yes LC is. But it is still very nice.
Old 02-07-19, 04:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't quite agree with that point of view. That so-called "laughable" sales level of the Land Cruiser is one of the things that gives it exclusivity and prestige.
Old 02-07-19, 04:21 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I don't quite agree with that point of view. That so-called "laughable" sales level of the Land Cruiser is one of the things that gives it exclusivity and prestige.
At some point with sales levels so low you would think that Toyota would consider alternatives for the US market. Both the LC and Sequoia are so dated, that I could not even consider one. I have tried but common sense prevailed. I would never think of the LC as prestigious, but that’s me.
Old 02-07-19, 04:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

At some point with sales levels so low you would think that Toyota would consider alternatives for the US market. Both the LC and Sequoia are so dated, that I could not even consider one. I have tried but common sense prevailed. I would never think of the LC as prestigious, but that’s me.

One of the things that makes the LC prestigious is, of course, its well-heeled price-tag, which (deservedly so) is actually pretty close to its Lexus LX counterpart. This sets it apart from other U.S.-market Toyota models, which tend to play second-fiddle to their Lexus cousins in the prestige department, such as Camry/ES, Highlander/RX, RAV-4/NX, C-HR/UX, etc....
Old 02-07-19, 04:41 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

saw the Sasquatch video before the reveal. I don't want to be negative as lately I have been leaning a little more negative than positive.

But serioulsy, this is worse than GM in the 80s and 90s. Remember when there was the 98 Tahoe Z71?

How on Earth is Toyota getting away with this model. If you watch the video, nobody clapped when the cover came off at the Auto Show, so the Toyota guys says "don't be bashful"

This is really sad.
8 passengers and affordable from Toyota...i thought that was a recipe for success or sustained sales with little effort

The Sequoia is long in the tooth, it is putting lipstick in a pig. Why not axe the Landcruiser for the US market, as sales are not material. I would redo the Sequoia and bring the model current and axe the LC. I usually see LCs sit on dealer lots around here for a year or so. I liked the Sequoia, bit it needs a major redo plus 25% or more better fuel economy. Great family hauler though.
i would love to hear you ask that on 200 series forum like ih8mud.....

I think they will merge them together. As for sated, yes LC is. But it is still very nice.
two different vehicles and performance targets

Originally Posted by mmarshall
One of the things that makes the LC prestigious is, of course, its well-heeled price-tag, which (deservedly so) is actually pretty close to its Lexus LX counterpart. This sets it apart from other U.S.-market Toyota models, which tend to play second-fiddle to their Lexus cousins in the prestige department, such as Camry/ES, Highlander/RX, RAV-4/NX, C-HR/UX, etc....
I dont get though why someone takes the LC when the LX is only 10k higher (considering the msrp on both)
Old 02-07-19, 04:49 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by coolsaber
I dont get though why someone takes the LC when the LX is only 10k higher (considering the msrp on both)
Actually not much difference between the two, except for a little more wood in the LX. In the past, the LX also came with the trick-adjustable ride-height suspension, but I think (though I could be wrong) that even the LC now offers that as an option.

Back to the Sequoia, though....I do agree with the comments about it being dated, and it doesn't have the LC's air of prestige to rest on, either.

Quick Reply: 2020 Sequoia TRD Pro