OE FIX products, this seems to make a lot of sense - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > Car Chat
OE FIX products, this seems to make a lot of sense >

OE FIX products, this seems to make a lot of sense

Notices
Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OE FIX products, this seems to make a lot of sense

Old 02-07-19, 12:14 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Default OE FIX products, this seems to make a lot of sense

I've never used one of these "OE Fix" products, but they seem to make a lot of sense to me! If the OE part has a flaw, what's the point in reinstalling a new one? Unless there aren't alternatives.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/pages...fix/index.aspx

I can think of various examples.

Say a GM light socket overheats and melts. We replace it because there's no alternative nor elimination of the root cause.

A BMW ABS/DSC hydro pump that costs $3206.39, and is inherently flawed by design. If replaced even under warranty, it will break again due to the flaw (having it rebuilt for $249 with a 5 yr warranty with the defect removed is the way guys go on the forum incl. me).

The power antenna T in the trunk of a 4th gen Maxima, rusts out and allows water to collect in the rear 1/4 panel leading to rust perforation because the owner doesn't realize (me again)--a simple $5 part failing causes rust perforation.

Seems like installing an aftermarket part that won't break in the way the original did is a great idea.
Old 02-09-19, 11:56 AM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

I thought i already had Ad-block installed on my computer.
Old 02-09-19, 01:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnhave430
Seems like installing an aftermarket part that won't break in the way the original did is a great idea
If an aftermarket part is better than OEM and fits properly, fine, but a number of them don't.
Old 02-09-19, 02:35 PM
Lexus2000
Lexus Champion

Dorman products are generally awful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: