Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Best domestic commercial ever.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-19, 08:47 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-manifold.html

It's innovative because it helps reduce stages in car building. Be that parts or the car itself like the clay model stage. Streamlines the process. Someone I forget if it's Ford or GM or someone else is using virtual reality to help with this process too.
thanks I will take a look tomorrow
Old 01-31-19, 08:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyG
The irony is that the most basic simple heritage/past era platform Ford has is the F150.
lol... f150 is very modern with very reliable ecoboost engines, all aluminum body, loads of other recent innovations... they’ve hardly been staying still.
Old 01-31-19, 09:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
lol... f150 is very modern with very reliable ecoboost engines, all aluminum body, loads of other recent innovations... they’ve hardly been staying still.
Still not my favorite truck, but I have to admit that, when you look at the sales numbers, it's hard to argue with success, though numbers alone don't necessarily determine a vehicle's competence. Still, it has managed to top the American-market sales charts, off and on, for some 40 years.
Old 02-01-19, 04:56 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I agree it's a good commercial, but the company has to back it up. IMO, pointing out inconsistancies is not going off on a tangent.
If you think Ford is not backing up its message, that's fine. But no where in the message was there any statement that Ford was "building" the future physically in the USA. So, you're right--it's not a tangent. It's a misinterpretation of the underlying message.
Old 02-01-19, 04:58 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyG
It's an ok commercial. Bryan Cranston really is the guy that saves it. The rest is just Ford bragging about itself and talking about the future while showing you its past. The b/w archival footage, historical events: moon landing, some sort of explosion that refers to a war or something (Patton?). Naturally it's a shot at tech/Silicon Valley nerds. You got a Ted Talks intro, a Steve Jobs parody.

The irony is that the most basic simple heritage/past era platform Ford has is the F150. And what do we see after all those Mustang edits? Cranston finishing out in an F150 Raptor. Is that the future then? Oh and the Rolling Stones soundtrack is a blast from the past, not the future. But Cranston's the man. Watch him in Breaking Bad, and you know this is an actor.
I agree. I don't find this commercial very compelling. It's a commercial with a paid celebrity spokesman talking about how Ford doesn't talk about change, it makes change. #Irony #Meh
Old 02-01-19, 05:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

I thought it was boring. Told me nothing. Most will fixate on the celebrity Bryan Cranston, and nothing about Ford.
by the way he was great in the upside, his new movie with kevin hart.

Old 02-01-19, 05:26 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
It's a commercial with a paid celebrity spokesman talking about how Ford doesn't talk about change, it makes change. #Irony #Meh
Yeah that’s the first thing i thought... you’re saying others just talk and yet you’re talking, not showing us anything new.
Old 02-01-19, 06:49 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I thought it was boring. Told me nothing. Most will fixate on the celebrity Bryan Cranston, and nothing about Ford.
by the way he was great in the upside, his new movie with kevin hart.
To be precise, he's not a celebrity. He's a charactor actor. Watch him in Seinfeld, and then watch him in Breaking Bad. The Ford stuff is just an extension of his voice over work that he did for them. Most people might not have known that he was doing those but recognized the voice.

The Kardashian/Jenner clan, now those are "celebrities".
Old 02-01-19, 06:53 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
I agree. I don't find this commercial very compelling. It's a commercial with a paid celebrity spokesman talking about how Ford doesn't talk about change, it makes change. #Irony #Meh
I think when Ford makes an electric F150 as an option with full articulating suspension and always on AWD, that's something that can be bragged about. They're talking about change but dumping some of their most sophisticated car designs from Europe due to the fact that Americans want pickups. IMO the Fusion is a nicely styled car that has way more eco-options than any gas guzzling F150.
Old 02-01-19, 10:38 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had no idea that Bryan Cranston was a professional driver!!!