Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Wants To Build A Hardcore F-Badged SUV

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-19, 01:55 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,489 Likes on 1,797 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense
You and I both know they are not building another IS-F.
That's a real bummer, Kense. I'd rather keep my hopes up.

Who knows? Maybe I'll be driving a UX-F anyway.
Old 02-04-19, 02:48 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

LOL So they won't build another IS-F but they want to build a useless SUV that goes fast. I can't think of anything more dumb than tuned SUV's. That goes for AMG and M versions of soccer vehicles. Pointless garbage.
Because you probably haven't driven then, or too young to appreciate them for what they are. These M and AMG SUVs are ridiculously luxurious, and insanely fast. Even Lambo is selling an SUV now.

That being said, knowing Lexus' pace they might as well aim to build an F-badged hearse for those who are holding their breath.
Old 02-04-19, 03:02 PM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

It's pretty dumb yes. But it's today's trend and it's where automobile industry is going for the moment. Madame de Tour et T@ssis wants her tool for showing off, and Lexus will deliver.

My secret hope, is that Lexus corrects itself for the nexts ISF and RCF and purpose a ISFH and RCFH. Both having the ability to use their hybrid. I really think that what they did with the LC500H was a brillant move and should be applied more.
Old 02-05-19, 08:35 AM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Because you probably haven't driven then, or too young to appreciate them for what they are. These M and AMG SUVs are ridiculously luxurious, and insanely fast. Even Lambo is selling an SUV now.

That being said, knowing Lexus' pace they might as well aim to build an F-badged hearse for those who are holding their breath.
Wrong , My Cousin has GLS 63 AMG which is what I formed my Opinion on. It's the most ridiculous truck I've ever been in. Having a lifted vehicle with almost 600 HP just increases your chance of flipping over, it's useless to have all that power in a vehicle like that.
Old 02-05-19, 12:09 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Originally Posted by Benoit
It's pretty dumb yes. But it's today's trend and it's where automobile industry is going for the moment. Madame de Tour et T@ssis wants her tool for showing off, and Lexus will deliver.

My secret hope, is that Lexus corrects itself for the nexts ISF and RCF and purpose a ISFH and RCFH. Both having the ability to use their hybrid. I really think that what they did with the LC500H was a brillant move and should be applied more.
I agree, except for the transmission. I don't think the way they implemented the CVT + 4-speed approach is exactly F-worthy.
Old 02-05-19, 01:03 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts

They need to build a proper f sport car first besides the gsf lol
Old 02-05-19, 03:05 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong , My Cousin has GLS 63 AMG which is what I formed my Opinion on. It's the most ridiculous truck I've ever been in. Having a lifted vehicle with almost 600 HP just increases your chance of flipping over, it's useless to have all that power in a vehicle like that.
What, so you are going to take one to the track? Last time I checked, the reason for all the power is to get get good straight line acceleration, so how are you flipping a car going straight? And if that is all you can say as to why they are ridiculous then onviously as Och states, you don't have much experience.
Old 02-06-19, 08:32 AM
Kense
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
What, so you are going to take one to the track? Last time I checked, the reason for all the power is to get get good straight line acceleration, so how are you flipping a car going straight? And if that is all you can say as to why they are ridiculous then onviously as Och states, you don't have much experience.
LOL yes because everybody needs to go fast in a strait line in a big 6000 pound SUV with the kids in the back. I'm glad you're all for drag racing soccer vehicles but I find it stupid and yes even going fast in a strait line can cause you to lose control much easier than in a sedan or coupe.
Old 02-06-19, 08:38 AM
arentz07
drives cars

LOL yes because everybody needs to go fast in a strait line in a big 6000 pound SUV with the kids in the back. I'm glad you're all for drag racing soccer vehicles but I find it stupid and yes even going fast in a strait line can cause you to lose control much easier than in a sedan or coupe.
*straight.

If people want to have a fast SUV let them. I mean I'm surprised you're not mentioning the last-generation G63 AMG. It's even higher off the ground and has similar power. Rolling is an inherent risk in driving any vehicle. Yes, a higher center of gravity negatively impacts handling, but it doesn't necessarily make a car handle poorly. At the end of the day, you're only rolling your GLS or G-wagen if you're doing something extreme, be it due to an emergency or just due to poor driving choices.
Old 02-06-19, 08:46 AM
Kense
Instructor

Originally Posted by arentz07
*straight.

If people want to have a fast SUV let them. I mean I'm surprised you're not mentioning the last-generation G63 AMG. It's even higher off the ground and has similar power. Rolling is an inherent risk in driving any vehicle. Yes, a higher center of gravity negatively impacts handling, but it doesn't necessarily make a car handle poorly. At the end of the day, you're only rolling your GLS or G-wagen if you're doing something extreme, be it due to an emergency or just due to poor driving choices.
Strait, Straight, whatever I'm Japanese I make spelling mistakes in English. I'd imagine you'd all do the same in my Language.

My Opinion doesn't change.
Old 02-06-19, 08:53 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Strait, Straight, whatever I'm Japanese I make spelling mistakes in English. I'd imagine you'd all do the same in my Language.

My Opinion doesn't change.
That is fine if it doesn't... Just wanted to illustrate that there's a market for the fast SUV, which may or may not include us. I certainly wouldn't spend my money on a GLS 63. Probably not a UX-F either. If I had GLS 63 money, I'd gladly take an E 63 S wagon instead - and that's just within MB.

Something about the Macan, however, piques my interest. I think a small SUV works better. However, knowing the UX has a transversely-mounted engine and is FWD-based makes it less desirable in spite of its smaller dimensions.
Old 02-06-19, 03:23 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought you not understand what I was saying. I will say it one more time.

People want "acceleration" or "response". I have an SUV b/c we carry our dogs around and sometimes go to I.P.O (See here as to what this is) competitions and you need some sort of 4X4 capability. Other than that I only drive on the road for the rest of time which is 90% and when I need to pass someone or I need to accelerate quickly I want it to have the same capabilities as a sedan. You see, all you are thinking of is racing, but how many people who buy a high performance sedan race one around a track? What you are saying about have a 600+ horse power car could said about any car, even sedans. 99% of people just use the cars to go to work and back or pick up the kids and yes, sedans also are used for running the kids around. An SUV or sedan and even a two-seater sports car are used 100% on the road for their entire life, by probably 90% or more people, where you have no chance of using the full capabilities of the car on a normal road.

Your Japanese, cool, a parting thought for you, let me know what you think?
ヨンクしかええで。

Last edited by Dave600hL; 02-06-19 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-07-19, 05:10 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

We had a supercharged LX570 for sale at our dealership. It was a blast to drive. It was the same supercharger kit from Tundra that TRD used. I would love to have something like that.

However Toyota would probably screw it up or take a decade to release it. I’d bet that it would disappoint everyone just like the MKV Supra did.