Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2020 Toyota Tacoma Facelift

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-19, 08:09 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
so you changed your question. If a small truck is what people want and need, it doesnt mean my opinion on it changes. Just because its a work truck doesnt mean it can't be more comfortable. Some people still spend like 40k on those things. There doesnt always have to be an alternative. Automakers just need to start making it more refined. Its called progress.
ok.........
Old 02-02-19, 03:04 PM
FilthyRich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tacoma

In reply to ArmyofOne, the Tacoma is SIGNIFICANTLY more reliable than any 1/2 ton truck out there AND don’t forget that the Taco has the BEST resale value of any vehicle on the market!!
Old 02-02-19, 03:19 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by FilthyRich
In reply to ArmyofOne, the Tacoma is SIGNIFICANTLY more reliable than any 1/2 ton truck out there AND don’t forget that the Taco has the BEST resale value of any vehicle on the market!!

No offense, FilthyRich, but I think Josh (ArmyofOne) knows a thing or two about truck reliability. He worked as a Master U.S. Army Truck mechanic, served with those vehicles under harsh Middle East conditions, and has his ASE Technician rating. He has also owned a number of trucks himself.
Old 02-02-19, 03:41 PM
FilthyRich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defensive Much?

I wasn’t questioning his experience or knowledge with any other half ton. I was simply pointing out the FACT that the Taco is significantly more reliable than any half ton out there AND well documented resale!

Old 02-02-19, 04:03 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I was simply pointing out the FACT that the Taco is significantly more reliable than any half ton out there AND well documented resale!

Perhaps, aside from issues of frame-rust.
Old 02-02-19, 09:23 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Or rear differential issues.

My F-150 has spent far less time in the shop than my buddy's 2017 Tacoma.

I'm quite satisfied with my choice. No Tacoma can pull what this truck does.
Old 02-02-19, 10:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

I was simply pointing out the FACT that the Taco is significantly more reliable than any half ton out there AND well documented resale!
it may be more reliable because it has so few features to go wrong.

But as usual with ol’ reliability card, if it was that big an issue, ford, gm, and dodge wouldn’t sell millions of trucks each year, many used in much harsher situations than a tacoma.
Old 02-03-19, 03:06 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

But as usual with ol’ reliability card, if it was that big an issue, ford, gm, and dodge wouldn’t sell millions of trucks each year, many used in much harsher situations than a tacoma.

Truth on both sides, bit. As a car/vehicle enthusiast, you know that the domestic truck-market, particularly for fuel-size ones, is arguably the most loyal, repeat-buy, and most consistent of any buyer-group in the industry. This extreme loyalty to F-150s, Silverados, and Rams seems to apply regardless of reliability.

Old 02-03-19, 04:37 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

It is big (reliability), however the domestic full size trucks that sell in the millions are far, far, far, far better vehicles than what Toyota or Nissan are offering in either mid size or full size segments. Ironically, long term historical chicken tariffs are what keep the domestic trucks thriving as the barrier to entry is quite high for trucks. There is just no comparison whatsoever what is better, a Tacoma/Tundra or an F150, RAM or Chevrolet Silverado/Sierra which I find the most appealing.

Now that there is some competition in the mid size category, Tacoma finally receives high adjustments for the drivers seat, and I am sure other features are coming too.
Old 02-06-19, 09:36 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Tacoma refresh info was just released. The inclusion of Android Auto is a shocking addition! Wasn't expecting that so soon! Hopefully this trickles to the rest of the lineup quickly!!
Old 02-06-19, 09:37 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

http://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.c...w+upgrades.htm
  • Electronically Power Adjustable Driver Seat Added to Most Grades
  • Upgraded Multimedia with Android Auto, Apple Carplay, Amazon Alexa Compatibility, Available 8” Touchscreen
  • New Grille and Wheel Designs on Most Grades
  • TRD Pro Features Unique Sequential LED Headlight, New Wheel, Standard Panoramic View Monitor (PVM) and Multi Terrain Monitor (MTM)
  • Panoramic View Monitor (PVM) Standard on Limited
Old 02-06-19, 09:41 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GFerg
Tacoma refresh info was just released. The inclusion of Android Auto is a shocking addition! Wasn't expecting that so soon! Hopefully this trickles to the rest of the lineup quickly!!
A little competition makes Toyota improve. Go figure.
Old 02-07-19, 12:17 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Toyota just kicked into Overdrive.
Taco maybe outselling em, but damn Toyota's good ole, "good enough" has become "not enough". Tacomas are outselling em, but I guess they see the competition in the rear view mirror. The taco feature list is crazy long (I know its not much, but alot of a toyota product)

By the way, any read the press release on the other models, specifically the 4Runner

Standard TSS on the TRD PRO
Standard Push Button " " " "
Same Android/Apple/Alexa headunit on the 4R
Doesnt say anything for the other models, but damn on the top trim, beast mobile they included the xtra gizmos....idk Toyota finally has the itch of upgrades
Old 02-07-19, 06:50 AM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Powerseats! Toyota have finally moved out from the dark-ages
Old 02-07-19, 06:54 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

All those feature upgrades are nice and all, but damn, not even 1 extra hp or revision to the 6 speed programming that so many people complained about, well not that we know of anyways.

Quick Reply: 2020 Toyota Tacoma Facelift