ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Lexus ES350 hits a A+ in ride and cabin noise in A on A (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/909947-lexus-es350-hits-a-a-in-ride-and-cabin-noise-in-a-on-a.html)

Toys4RJill 01-25-19 09:25 PM

Lexus ES350 hits a A+ in ride and cabin noise in A on A

So Mr. Alex did his review today for the new ES350

An A+ for ride
An A+ in cabin noise

^^^^ for an F-Sport :D

Wow, that is impressive. Haven’t seen a car get an A+ in both of those categories yet. (Note sure how to post a video)

mmarshall 01-25-19 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill (Post 10420683)
(Not sure how to post a video)

They don't post through the regular attachment system. Just go to YouTube, search for what you want, click on the video, copy the URL, and paste it without the IMG brackets. Most of the time's there's no problem.

I don't quite understand his comparison to the Buick Regal, though. This car actually competes more with the Lacrosse. The Regal doesn't offer a V6 except on the GS model.

Toys4RJill 01-25-19 10:23 PM

Thanks for posting the video. He could of meant the Lacrosse and just slipped up and said the Regal. Like saying tundra when you mean Tacoma

SW17LS 01-26-19 09:04 AM

I was just about to post this too Jill, and that was an F Sport variant on 19" wheels. I agree with him, the car rides great and is very quiet.

LeX2K 01-26-19 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by mmarshall (Post 10420698)
I don't quite understand his comparison to the Buick Regal, though. This car actually competes more with the Lacrosse. The Regal doesn't offer a V6 except on the GS model.

Isn't this the last year of the LaCrosse?

Hoovey689 01-26-19 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill (Post 10420683)
So king Alex did his review today for the new ES350

^^^^ for an F-Sport :D

Not sure why people always call him 'king' Alex. I find that just as silly as calling LeBron 'king' James lol

Because the F-Sport has AVS suspension. Now Lexus needs to make AVS more widely available and add 'Comfort' mode like the LC, LS.

LexBob2 01-26-19 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 10421049)
Not sure why people always call him 'king' Alex. I find that just as silly as calling LeBron 'king' James lol

Because the F-Sport has AVS suspension. Now Lexus needs to make AVS more widely available and add 'Comfort' mode like the LC, LS.

I've wondered the same thing. King Alex sounds kinda creepy.

mmarshall 01-26-19 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 10421049)

Credit where it's due...nothing silly about that. He's one of the best, if not the best, auto reviewers in the business.

mmarshall 01-26-19 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lexus2000 (Post 10421002)
Isn't this the last year of the LaCrosse?

Probably, at least in the American market. It will remain in production a few more months.

Not sure I'd buy one, though. The workers in the Hamtramck plant are probably so p***ed off at Mary Barra that who knows what they might try and do to sabotage the assembly line before it shuts down.

davyjordi 01-26-19 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by mmarshall (Post 10421080)
Credit where it's due...nothing silly about that. He's one of the best, if not the best, auto reviewers in the business.

i'm a fan of yuri and jakub of the straight pipes. they are so entertaining while providing great car reviews.

mmarshall 01-26-19 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by SW17LS (Post 10420950)
I was just about to post this too Jill, and that was an F Sport variant on 19" wheels. I agree with him, the car rides great and is very quiet.

Like I said, the one I test-drove, with the 45's, was clearly too rough and noisy for my tastes. I'm thinking, though, that perhaps we might both be correct. I usually check tire PSIs before a test-drive, to see if they are within a couple pounds of recommended. It's possible that I just forgot to do so (too much air in the tires), or that there was a problem with the tire-sensing-system on my test car, giving false readings, though it is not likely to have affected all four tires and their individual sensors.

Toys4RJill 01-26-19 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by mmarshall (Post 10421090)
Like I said, the one I test-drove, with the 45's, was clearly too rough and noisy for my tastes. I'm thinking, though, that perhaps we might both be correct. I usually check tire PSIs before a test-drive, to see if they are within a couple pounds of recommended. It's possible that I just forgot to do so (too much air in the tires), or that there was a problem with the tire-sensing-system on my test car, giving false readings, though it is not likely to have affected all four tires and their individual sensors.

I would bet that this Lexus ES F-series has 45 series tires.

Hoovey689 01-26-19 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by LexBob2 (Post 10421066)

And narcissistic :p

Toys4RJill 01-26-19 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 10421098)
And narcissistic :p

Originally Posted by LexBob2 (Post 10421066)

I have changed it to Mr. Alex.

mmarshall 01-26-19 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill (Post 10421097)
I would bet that this Lexus ES F-series has 45 series tires.

The spec-sheet lists F-Sports as 40-series. The one I drove (with a wheel-option package) was not an F-Sport. The base model (which is the one I'd probably get) has 55s, like the Avalon XLE.

It is possible to get comfort and good handling both with low-profile tires (the best example I can think of was the last-generation, hydraulic-steer BMW 335i and its 35-series Sport Package)...but such good compromises like that are generally rare.