ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   California's new exhaust laws (merged threads) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/908668-californias-new-exhaust-laws-merged-threads.html)

flowrider 01-13-19 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by E46CT (Post 10405831)
I'm in SoCal and haven't been affected by an earthquake in literally 25 years. Same goes for fire, mudslides, or any of these "shady" police departments you speak of. I'm a car enthusiast, canyon guy, track guy, haven't been ticketed in over 12 years. Why? I just don't act stupid or do stupid juvenile stuff to my car. I did when I was a kid.

I think all this anger, hate, fear is just a matter of people still being in their bro days. You'll get over it as time passes. No need to flog around in a 3,500 street car making burbly noises thinking you're a race car. I like cool fast cars as much as the next guy but rather from the factory -- these loud obnoxious modified cars is a nuisance to the general public. It's especially obnoxious when these cars are decatted spewing toxic S into the air, especially when they're in front of you and your interior has to be filled with that crap. All for what? So a 16 second car can become a 15.9 second car? That's the nonsense here.

There are those of us who modify in a sensible fashion. Yes, I have full bolt-ons. My exhaust has cats, so much for your "Toxic S". I also have valves on my exhaust, so much for your "loud obnoxious cars." And as far as liking "cool fast cars", I really don't believe you do. You put yourself out as better than us, and we annoy you. I have modified every car I've owned, since my first 1950 Mercury, back in 1957. Sorry you don't approve of me, but really doesn't bother me. And I'm really surprised to see you here on a forum that is devoted to making what we drive better, more efficient and faster.

Oh, and I left Santa Barbara back in the late 90s.

Edit - "bro days" "get over it as time passes" What the heck are you smokin':uh: As you can see, I'll never "get over it" Nor do I want to:thumbup:

Lou

UDel 01-13-19 09:21 AM

I have read that EPA is at SEMA basically telling everyone that they are cracking down and not to break the new regulations, had people taking pictures of performance/exhaust products displayed there, basically trying to intimidate the small industry. Cali has a lot more problems then loud exhausts and engine mods.

Eckotyper 01-23-19 09:26 AM

as far as i'm aware, the law is the same, and only change is its now non correctable. The officer can send you to the state ref to check the decibal rating from what I gathered.

bagwell 01-23-19 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF (Post 10405615)
So what about Harley Davidson's? Those will no longer be allowed? I'm so bitter right now, it's not even funny.

Would you want a loud azz Harley going up and down YOUR street at 2am?

mmarshall 01-23-19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by bagwell (Post 10418350)
Would you want a loud azz Harley going up and down YOUR street at 2am?

Situations like that are (probably) already covered by local noise-ordinances, even apart from any statewide law.

4TehNguyen 01-24-19 04:47 PM

can you just identify as stock?