Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Declining sales of anything without 'utility' in its description

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-18, 12:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Declining sales of anything without 'utility' in its description

The Great War of 2018 on Nice-Driving Sedans......and here are the targets.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-01-18 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-01-18, 12:39 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

You seem to be taking the Lacrosse situation very very seriously. In time you'll find something else. All is not lost. It's just a car.
Old 12-01-18, 12:44 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The Great War on Nice-Driving Sedans.

I think it is with unintentional disrespect to use the two great wars and those images and what was going on in the world and the people lost with the cancellation of the GM cars in North America.

Last edited by Hoovey689; 12-01-18 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Deleted additional photos
Old 12-01-18, 01:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexBob2
You seem to be taking the Lacrosse situation very very seriously.
It is no laughing matter, and very, very serious indeed. And it is not limited to the Lacrosse, either, as the images show.
Old 12-01-18, 01:53 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

The war on sedans and you post up Hitler and others referencing actual wars where millions got killed including civilians wow um ok.
Old 12-01-18, 02:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I think it is with unintentional disrespect to use the two great wars and those images and what was going on in the world and the people lost with the cancellation of the GM cars in North America.
Originally Posted by plex
The war on sedans and you post up Hitler and others referencing actual wars where millions got killed including civilians wow um ok.

It was not meant to be literal. But I'm simply illustrating that it is no laughing matter. Trump and Trudeau have both condemned the move....and they are a lot further up the pecking-order than I am.

Perhaps I did overdo it a little in the image-department. I changed the thread-title and removed the images you find objectionable......but my basic opinion still stands.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-01-18 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-01-18, 02:03 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

It's not meant to be literal. But I'm simply illustrating that it is no laughing matter. Trump himself has condemned the move....and he's a lot further up on the pay scale than I am.
Sorry not even Trump himself can bring back your Buick. GM was mismanaged among other factors they are simply restructuring like any other business. Trump of all people as a business man should understand. Many that supported him will lose their jobs and I'm sure this concerns him but this is business.
Old 12-01-18, 02:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry not even Trump himself can bring back your Buick. GM was mismanaged among other factors they are simply restructuring like any other business. Trump of all people as a business man should understand. Many that supported him will lose their jobs and I'm sure this concerns him but this is business.
Trump does understand....he understands perfectly. Like you say, he's a Buisnessman. That's why he has told GM (in effect), that they are full of it.

Ford also sems to be playing a role in it.....and they also stirred up a Hornet's nest, but not quite to Trump and Trudeau's level.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-01-18 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-01-18, 02:14 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Trump does understand....he understands perfectly. Like you say, he's a Buisnessman. That's why he has told GM (in effect), that they are full of it.
Ok and what can Trump do to bring your Buick back? It's easy to mouth off, tweet etc...and say you're full of it but again what can Trump do to stop GM?
Old 12-01-18, 02:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Ok and what can Trump do to bring your Buick back? It's easy to mouth off, tweet etc...and say you're full of it but again what can Trump do to stop GM?
It isn't just "my" Buick. I'm not a selfish person......I'm not thinking just of myself (if I was, I wouldn't post in Car Chat) . Most of my friends and colleagues aren't into SUVs either.....they like big Buick, Lincoln, and Caddy sedans, too. And, no, they aren't all waiting (and driving) around with one foot in the grave, either.

Trump may or may not be able to reverse Mary Barra's decision, but also keep one thing in mind.....the Presidential term "Bully Pulpit" did not just come out of nowhere. When the President shames someone and makes them look like a fool in public, that can have a powerful effect.
Old 12-01-18, 02:24 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

It isn't just "my" Buick. I'm not a selfish person......I'm not thinking just of myself (if I was, I wouldn't post in Car Chat) . Most of my friends and colleagues aren't into SUVs either.....they like big Buick, Lincoln, and Caddy sedans, too. And, no, they aren't all waiting (and driving) around with one foot in the grave, either.

Trump may or may not be able to reverse Mary Barra's decision, but also keep one thing in mind.....the Presidential term "Bully Pulpit" did not just come out of nowhere. When the President shames someone and makes them look like a fool in public, that can have a powerful effect.
How can a sitting President reverse the decision of a private company ok let's play your game he asks GM to give back the bail out money, what else can he do? Executive Order? Have congress create a bill forcing GM to keep plants open? I'm open to hear what your suggestions are.

Bully Puplit? Ok so Trump shames Mary Barra (and the board) decision she didn't do it by herself then what she runs and hides ashamed for trying to save GM?

Have you ever managed a department budget or any sort of business budget outside of your personal one?
Old 12-01-18, 02:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

How can a sitting President reverse the decision of a private company ok let's play your game he asks GM to give back the bail out money, what else can he do? Executive Order? Have congress create a bill forcing GM to keep plants open? I'm open to hear what your suggestions are.
I don't have a crystal ball, but it may not be a traditional Bully-Pulpit action. More likely, GM will lose out on beneficial treatment it has been getting from the government, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of their tax-breaksor subsidies rolled back. Other than that, it will be up to Trump and Trudeau on how they want to deal with it.
Old 12-01-18, 02:45 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Why do we have so many threads on this subject? Our original one started the other day by whoever was is perfect? I do not understand
Old 12-01-18, 02:45 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow--I'm glad I missed that. Pretty offensive.
Old 12-01-18, 02:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Why do we have so many threads on this subject? Our original one started the other day by whoever was is perfect? I do not understand

This will be the last thread I do on the subject....unless the policy is reversed. The whole issue has me so completely disgusted that I do not enjoy talking about it. It is depressing.

You also started one thread on this subject on your own.

Quick Reply: Declining sales of anything without 'utility' in its description