Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Put about 1,000 miles on a Nissan Rogue SL, review

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-18, 12:19 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
meanwhile, back to the rogue...
lol yea but come on anyone interested in nice cars doesn't want to talk about a nissan rogue
Old 11-12-18, 02:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
lol yea but come on anyone interested in nice cars doesn't want to talk about a nissan rogue

Trust me......I can think of lots worse. Many people who have to live and drive Third World vehicles would be thrilled to have a new Rogue. Those in Cuba, for instance, where big worn-out American clunkers from the 1950s are still running around because of the trade-embargo, would love to have not only new vehicles but even new vehicle parts....they keep those old clunkers running essentially by ingenuity.
Old 11-12-18, 02:27 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I tried out the new Corolla hatch. Perhaps to exchange our Matrix. It’s ok, power train and new first gear start is good. Features are great. Materials are good. Drives nice. But, not really down for the styling and the design.
Go treat yourself, Jill, if you can afford one (and, by today's standards, it's not an expensive vehicle by any means). It's generally a safe buy as far as reliability goes, and you have (apparently) not had a nice new vehicle for some time. I think you will like the interior more than the Matrix, which (no offense), IMO, is somewhat dull and drab inside.

Basically the same vehicle was formerly offered here, in the U.S., BTW, as the Scion iM....though the iM was a little more sport-oriented than the average Corolla hatchback.
Old 11-12-18, 02:32 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,497 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Go treat yourself, Jill, if you can afford one (and, by today's standards, it's not an expensive vehicle by any means). It's generally a safe buy as far as reliability goes, and you have (apparently) not had a nice new vehicle for some time. I think you will like the interior more than the Matrix, which (no offense), IMO, is somewhat dull and drab inside.

Basically the same vehicle was formerly offered here, in the U.S., BTW, as the Scion iM....though the iM was a little more sport-oriented than the average Corolla hatchback.
Still off-topic, but I'll chime in and say I have a coworker who just got a new Corolla hatch, in the bright blue color, too. He absolutely loves it, though he is somewhat of a car enthusiast, and having a manual transmission and good handling were high on his list of priorities. But I've seen it, and the interior seems quite nice compared to the last Corolla and would stand up well against something like the Civic. A little tight inside, but that's sort of expected. Overall I liked it more than I thought I would. I don't drive manual so I can't attest to that though.