Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Was going to get 2019 G63 but got loaded/modded 2019 LX570 instead

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-18, 06:06 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
To the OP, sounds like you have made up your mind and have good reason for getting the G63. As a fellow LX owner, sad to see you go but I hope you get it and love it. The G wagon has a presence that very few vehicles on the road have - and there's no way you'd get the grin on your face like you see from the guys in the video when accelerating in your LX on a winding road... Post pics if/when you get it.
Thanks, I have still yet to drive the car, just seen it in the show room the other day.
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
way to[o] common huh?

yeah i see g wagons all over town all the time.
Not many here in Japan either.

Originally Posted by Allen K
I think OP should just get a helicopter and call it a day

I think the new G is a great choice as long as you post pics after you take delivery!
LOL! If I had a licence to fly then maybe....
Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
lot of other SUVs that I would buy long before this but the choices arent there for Japan.
Interested to hear what your choices would be, just for interest.
Old 10-03-18, 06:14 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

A reaaaaally hugly car. But, as an other member stated, the car was redisigned lately, and he now looks more sympathic.
Here some actual official pictures :

Old 10-03-18, 06:52 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
something american Escalade or Navigator (moreso this one) probably but i doubt you have those choices there. Glad they did a full interior redesign, previous ones were pretty disgusting. The Lincoln Aviator thats coming out, holy crap its sexy.
Old 10-03-18, 07:27 AM
john341
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
something american Escalade or Navigator (moreso this one) probably but i doubt you have those choices there. Glad they did a full interior redesign, previous ones were pretty disgusting. The Lincoln Aviator thats coming out, holy crap its sexy.
I Like the Navigator. Our neighbor sold his Panamera and got the Navigator. The interior is really nice an opulent.
Old 10-03-18, 09:26 AM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have decided to get rid of the 2016 model LX 570 as it just is so slow and uninteresting, although I do love the interior. Looks like it will be about 30K less than the S63, which I am upgrading to the latest minor change model. So has anyone else have experience with this car before I pull the trigger (Which will be next week BTW)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaFKvPVoV30

Which means I will be full Benz and not one Lexus.........Unfortunately.
Interesting, why don't you ask this question in Mercedes forum? there are full of real users there.
Old 10-03-18, 09:28 AM
TXgearhead
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by john341
I Like the Navigator. Our neighbor sold his Panamera and got the Navigator. The interior is really nice an opulent.
New Navigator is a huge improvement over the previous gen. Lincoln finally made a competitive vehicle!
Old 10-03-18, 09:30 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

The older G Wagons were not great drivers at all, after riding in one I can't believe someone would spend so much money on it, interior is not special either, just older Mercedes sedan bits thrown in that look out of place and it is based on a really old design, fuel economy is horrendous for a vehicle that is not quick unless you get the AMG versions. It is good for serious off roading but who is going to take such a expensive vehicle on a punishing off road trail. The new one I am sure has improved greatly but it is ugly as sin and does not have that blocky rugged presence as the old one. If I was the OP and wanted a ridiculous expensive SUV I would go all out and get the Rolls Royce Cullinan, its not nearly as ugly as the G63 and has the Rolls Royce name, Rolls will ride and drive much better, nicer interior. Other then that the top line Navigator Black Editions seem pretty nice, that yacht club is interesting.
Old 10-03-18, 11:56 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense
What is the point of an AMG version of this?
Where is Bit and his famous line????
Old 10-03-18, 12:19 PM
TXgearhead
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
The older G Wagons were not great drivers at all, after riding in one I can't believe someone would spend so much money on it, interior is not special either, just older Mercedes sedan bits thrown in that look out of place and it is based on a really old design, fuel economy is horrendous for a vehicle that is not quick unless you get the AMG versions. It is good for serious off roading but who is going to take such a expensive vehicle on a punishing off road trail. The new one I am sure has improved greatly but it is ugly as sin and does not have that blocky rugged presence as the old one. If I was the OP and wanted a ridiculous expensive SUV I would go all out and get the Rolls Royce Cullinan, its not nearly as ugly as the G63 and has the Rolls Royce name, Rolls will ride and drive much better, nicer interior. Other then that the top line Navigator Black Editions seem pretty nice, that yacht club is interesting.
We just went from $155k to what $400k+? Maybe meet in the middle at the Bentyga or the crazy Lambo Urus.
Old 10-03-18, 12:46 PM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

B/c, even though I will very rarely use it off-road I do sometimes have the need for one when we go camping. And the point of the AMG version, well there is no point for any AMG version if you are not looking for a more powerful and much luxurious version. Based on that way of thinking , we all should be driving around cars with 150hp with cloth seats, I really do mean no offence, but that is just my opinion.

There is a Point of AMG, AMG has a racing history and Make race cars and high performance cars meant to be driven hard and have fun in. The interior of this car isn't even up to the quality of all the other AMG's in the line up. Will this car be drag raced or something? It's a tall lunch box shaped car, it makes no sense to slap a large high performance engine in a vehicle like this.
Old 10-03-18, 12:59 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,905 Likes on 1,973 Posts

There is a Point of AMG, AMG has a racing history and Make race cars and high performance cars meant to be driven hard and have fun in. The interior of this car isn't even up to the quality of all the other AMG's in the line up. Will this car be drag raced or something? It's a tall lunch box shaped car, it makes no sense to slap a large high performance engine in a vehicle like this.
meant to be driven hard and have fun in.
Regardless of whether AMG should have made it, in anyone's opinion, the fact is that it exists. Doesn't having an absurd amount of power in a military-style offroad-capable vehicle sound fun?

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
His line would be the perfect response to the above comment as well.
Old 10-03-18, 01:46 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

It makes perfect sense. The G63 and G65 are cash cows, and it doesn't take much to make change the G-class from a more plebeian trim into an AMG.
Old 10-03-18, 02:34 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,502 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
lol ok then...

What is the point of an AMG version of this?
why does a male dog lick its *****?

Old 10-03-18, 02:53 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Thanks, I have still yet to drive the car, just seen it in the show room the other day.

Not many here in Japan either.

LOL! If I had a licence to fly then maybe....

Just get it and tell us how it is

I am sure it will be more fun in Japan than LC. It is a bit smaller too, maybe easier to navigate?
Old 10-03-18, 04:02 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by TXgearhead

We just went from $155k to what $400k+? Maybe meet in the middle at the Bentyga or the crazy Lambo Urus.
The Bentyga is really ugly and has no presence, looks like a Subaru. Seeing one in person does not change that, I saw a light blue one when I was on vacation and its looks do not improve in person, blends in with traffic too. Lambo Urus is pointless, its odd styling does not work as a SUV, its on a modified Audi SUV platform and it is no quicker then a top Porsche Cayanne. It is not luxurious either. From previous posts of the OP and cars he has owned I think he is one of the few that can afford even a Rolls.

Last edited by UDel; 10-03-18 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Was going to get 2019 G63 but got loaded/modded 2019 LX570 instead