EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Audi E-Tron (2019 and on)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-18, 10:34 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

^^

maybe he wants to be comfy?

Old 09-19-18, 11:06 AM
Hoovey689

Source
Old 09-19-18, 01:02 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

(moderator: no need to requote all the pics)

Good shots!

God. I really hate those rims though. They really gotta fit better rims onto an electric car. Why do majority of the time electric cars have those funky rims?

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-19-18 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-20-18, 01:35 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
(moderator: no need to requote all the pics)

Good shots!

God. I really hate those rims though. They really gotta fit better rims onto an electric car. Why do majority of the time electric cars have those funky rims?
Amen! I have to say the ones on the Tesla Model 3 are even worse!

Old 09-20-18, 03:54 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,056 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
I think the Audi E-Tron interior looks amazing. Now this is what a luxury electric car interior is suppose to look like - not a Tesla interior design. (Not to hate Tesla but Tesla interiors do not justify the price-tag.)
Agree 100%. The interior of the Model 3 IMO has to be the ugliest. Looks like the inside of an amusement park bumper car.

Old 09-20-18, 09:40 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jwong77
Amen! I have to say the ones on the Tesla Model 3 are even worse!
I know! My god. Tesla Model 3 wheels are ugly. I see quite a bit of the Model 3 in the Bay Area and I'm digested by the rims. Definitely worst than the Audi E-Tron but I expect better rims from Audi since this E-Tron has a starting price of over 70K.

Originally Posted by Freds430
Agree 100%. The interior of the Model 3 IMO has to be the ugliest. Looks like the inside of an amusement park bumper car.
I always thought the Model 3 interior was ugly but never saw an amusement park bumper car interior till you said. Now I can't un-see it.

Its just quite pathetic that Tesla would charge over 40K for a Model 3 with options and give you a steering wheel that looks cheaper than a Kia Rio.

Old 09-20-18, 10:21 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Model 3 is available with 20s that don't look bad at all to me!

Old 09-20-18, 12:39 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bagwell
Ooo. That doesn't look bad at all. However - I'm not sure people that buy Model 3 will options those in. I live in the Bay Area and I see at least 5+ of these on my way to work. None of them has those wheels.
Old 09-20-18, 01:18 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell

Indeed! But as Bippu mentioned, in the Bay Area where I live, most Model 3's seem to be equipped with the ugly rims.
Old 09-20-18, 02:18 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,699 Likes on 2,285 Posts

Those wheels are designed for minimal air resistance they look like that out of necessity.
Old 09-26-18, 11:10 AM
Hoovey689

Default Audi won't stock E-Tron models at dealers

Order-only retail model could help make the car profitable

Audi's new electric SUV, the E-Tron won't occupy precious floor space at Audi dealers. Instead of filling their yards with pre-configured E-Trons, U.S. Audi dealers will instead handle refundable reservations with $1,000 deposits. This means every U.S. Audi dealer can order a customer an E-Tron without allocation and floorplan expenses being part of the equation.

As Automotive News reports, Audi plans to maximize its profits per every E-Tron it sells. This means cutting out the costs that result from stocking the vehicles at dealer premises. The E-Tron will serve as an experimental product in this sense, but other Audi models can follow. "I think it would be a beautiful world if you can go to a dealer with zero floorplan expense and proper, full gross on the car," said Scott Keogh, Audi of America President.

The E-Tron, Audi's first-ever fully electric production vehicle is built in Brussels, Belgium, a former Volkswagenfacility the manufacturer now calls its "electromobility hub." Battery production is also situated at the factory, cutting down the time needed to unite the vehicles with their batteries. Still, Keogh says the waiting time for U.S. customers, dependent on global demand for the E-Tron, can stretch to as long as even a year or more. Those $1,000 pre-orders are currently being taken.

There's an initial First Edition model, which is produced in a 999-unit run and priced at $87,695. Under that are the $75,795 Premium Plus — E-Tron-speak for "base" — and the $82,795 Prestige. The E-Tron's range is mentioned to be just under 250 miles based on the WLTP standard; EPA range for the vehicle hasn't yet been announced.
Source
Old 10-23-18, 10:53 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,699 Likes on 2,285 Posts

Old 10-24-18, 10:43 AM
Hoovey689

Default Audi E-Tron EV crossover faces four-week delay because of software bug

Another snag: LG Chem wants to hike its battery prices 10 percent

FRANKFURT/SEOUL — Audi's first electric sport utility vehicle will hit showrooms four weeks later than planned because of a software development issue, a spokesman for the German luxury car brand said on Sunday.

The spokesman said Audi's E-Tron midsize SUV faced delay because the carmaker needs new regulatory clearance for a piece of software that was modified during the development process.

Audi staged a global launch of the E-Tron in San Francisco last month as part of its effort to expand the market for premium electric vehicles and grab a share from California-based Tesla, which has had the niche largely to itself.

The E-Tron delays were first reported by German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, citing sources close to the company. The paper said delivery could be delayed by several months.

The paper also said Audi was locked in price negotiations with LG Chem, the South-Korean supplier of batteries for its electric vehicles, which wants to increase prices by about 10 percent because of high demand.

LG Chem supplies electric vehicle batteries for Audi, its parent Volkswagen and Daimler.

An LG Chem official declined to comment on the report, citing the confidentiality of its relationship with a client.

The Audi spokesman also declined to comment on price negotiations with LG Chem.
Source
Old 10-24-18, 11:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

vw learning that launching an electric car is not so easy...
Old 10-25-18, 07:46 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a reason why tesla went through the trouble of manufacturing their own battery...when you cut corners you run into problems.

Quick Reply: Audi E-Tron (2019 and on)