Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Finally bought a “F” but not isf, rcf, gsf. It’s F150

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-18, 10:31 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Congrats OP. Beautiful truck. Love those new projectors in the headlights. Platinum means it does everything but make you a sandwich. Well played

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Good luck. The F150 is one of the top trucks with the most potential issues.
A little underhanded there huh. Guess 40 plus years of being the top selling vehicle in the US doesn't mean much
Old 07-11-18, 10:36 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Good luck. The F150 is one of the top trucks with the most potential issues.
Originally Posted by Hoovey
A little underhanded there huh. Guess 40 plus years of being the top selling vehicle in the US doesn't mean much

Diesel350 has a point. Reliability (or unreliability) does not always translate into sales. If it did, repair shops would probably have a lot less business.

Anyhow, over and above all that, congratulations, Behnammavi. That's a nice-looking truck.....quite handsome.
Old 07-11-18, 10:40 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Congrats OP. Beautiful truck. Love those new projectors in the headlights. Platinum means it does everything but make you a sandwich. Well played

Again just because it's top selling doesn't mean there are issues. Sure the truck won't have major issues that would leave you on the side of the road. On that aspect it's solid. I'm talking about little issues like electrical gremlins to affect radio play or something as small as air not blowing out of one vent. My brother had a 2015 he got rid of because of lots small little issues like this, if you can get past this it's a solid truck.
Old 07-11-18, 11:47 AM
Hoovey689

Again just because it's top selling doesn't mean there are issues. Sure the truck won't have major issues that would leave you on the side of the road. On that aspect it's solid. I'm talking about little issues like electrical gremlins to affect radio play or something as small as air not blowing out of one vent. My brother had a 2015 he got rid of because of lots small little issues like this, if you can get past this it's a solid truck.
Not saying there aren't issues, but then EVERY car has issues. Just because you buy a BMW doesn't mean it's a lemon, and just because you buy a Honda doesn't mean it's bullet proof. From my own experience, and coming from a Ford family, we've had above average experience overall. A gremlin here or there (I use word too ), but never anything disastrous *knock on wood*.

Fellow member sb350 recently got a new Raptor. After a few thousand miles the tranny essentially dropped during an off-roading event. Ford responded quick and installed a new one. Haven't heard from him recently, so he must be happily motoring off sand dunes

To the OP, enjoy your new F-Series. It's hard to go wrong with modern trucks. All the comforts you can imagine, plus the utility. I'd love a truck but have no need for one at this point in my life hah.
Old 07-11-18, 11:47 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
Platinum - nice but geez, what does something like that go for ??????
A Platinum F150 is pricey. It starts at $54.4 which is well into luxury car territory.

I saw a Doug DeMuro review on one of these. They can push well into the 60K+ with options. According to Doug, you are pretty much paying for the nice features plus having the capabilities of a Truck.
Old 07-11-18, 11:51 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
A Platinum F150 is pricey. It starts at $54.4 which is well into luxury car territory.

I saw a Doug DeMuro review on one of these. They can push well into the 60K+ with options. According to Doug, you are pretty much paying for the nice features plus having the capabilities of a Truck.
And that's just the half-ton. The 250/350/450 are easily $70-80K. Same goes for GM and Ram.
Old 07-11-18, 11:54 AM
behnammavi
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys. Hopefully I will not have problem with it. I have warranty to be safe.
Old 07-11-18, 11:58 AM
behnammavi
Rookie

yeah I have all the possible options on this one, I just didn’t find a one with sandwiche maker to buy . Msrp was $66k but got it for $57k plus tax.
Old 07-11-18, 02:34 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
oh 'geez', what is this, debbie downer day?
oh boo hoo ....I honestly had no clue what a Platinum F150 goes for.

Originally Posted by behnammavi
yeah I have all the possible options on this one, I just didn’t find a one with sandwiche maker to buy . Msrp was $66k but got it for $57k plus tax.

thank you for the USEFUL info! and again, congrats OP.
Old 07-11-18, 06:11 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Ford's trucks have consistently been very solid.

OP, nice truck. Welcome to the F-150 club. You're going to love yours. I love mine, although yours is far nicer.

And F150 sales are relevant because they consistently outsell the competition while also being more expensive.
Old 07-11-18, 06:19 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Congrats OP! Funny how you went from looking for high performance sedans to a truck. Did you consider the Raptor?
Sorry if i missed it, but what year is the F-150? I'd like to get one (not a fancy platinum) to for daily duties but I didn't feel like Ford dealerships around Seattle didn't want to negotiate much and I'm not letting go of my 2012 ISF anytime soon so taking my time and will get a Tacoma to add to my garage.
Old 07-11-18, 07:29 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

That's a 2018 F-150. That's the newly updated grille.
Old 07-11-18, 07:42 PM
behnammavi
Rookie

Originally Posted by msgs350
Congrats OP! Funny how you went from looking for high performance sedans to a truck. Did you consider the Raptor?
Sorry if i missed it, but what year is the F-150? I'd like to get one (not a fancy platinum) to for daily duties but I didn't feel like Ford dealerships around Seattle didn't want to negotiate much and I'm not letting go of my 2012 ISF anytime soon so taking my time and will get a Tacoma to add to my garage.
yes from super sedan to truck. I don’t know why. Maybe because of big back seat to have 2 car seats since my 2nd baby is on way. For while I was thinking about your isf also
Its 2018 and I got good deal from AutoNation in Bellevue, other dealers don’t have good deal in Washington.
i like Raptor not it was expensive for me, one with option was 72k before tax

Last edited by behnammavi; 07-11-18 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-11-18, 08:23 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by behnammavi

yes from super sedan to truck. I don’t know why. Maybe because of big back seat to have 2 car seats since my 2nd baby is on way. For while I was thinking about your isf also
Its 2018 and I got good deal from AutoNation in Bellevue, other dealers don’t have good deal in Washington.
i like Raptor not it was expensive for me, one with option was 72k before tax
Cool, congrats on your 2nd! After looking around at what people wanted to pay for an ISF, it wouldn't have made any sense to sell mine. Enjoy everything and hope for the best for you man..congrats again!
Old 07-11-18, 08:43 PM
behnammavi
Rookie

Originally Posted by msgs350
Cool, congrats on your 2nd! After looking around at what people wanted to pay for an ISF, it wouldn't have made any sense to sell mine. Enjoy everything and hope for the best for you man..congrats again!
if you can keep isf is garage and get something for daily. Isf is always hold the value and it’s nice car to keep.
Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Finally bought a “F” but not isf, rcf, gsf. It’s F150