Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Asian actor beats down a guy for kicking his Audi R8

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-18, 01:11 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
If Lin's story holds true, I don't think he was having much of an ego. He was just defending himself. People that work on his car in the Bay Area say hes down to earth and mature.
I'm just saying the prison humor wasn't needed.
Lin said "I'll make you my girlfriend ...." in response to the gay question.

If you don't respond to a heckler, that means "Challenge not accepted. **** off, you're not worth my time"

I was just thinking though.... it would have been funny if Lin pulled out a fake gun while dude was blocking his audi at the intersection. Dude's reaction probably would have been priceless.

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
However, apparently, the White guy swung first and Asian guy reacted in self-defense. .
that part is ambiguous to me. He "extended his hand"... I don't read that as taking a swing.
perhaps wanted to block himself or signal to Lin to back off, as I imagine Dude now felt threatened by Lin approaching.

Last edited by pman6; 07-10-18 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-10-18, 01:46 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
I'm just saying the prison humor wasn't needed.
Lin said "I'll make you my girlfriend ...." in response to the gay question.
If you don't respond to a heckler, that means "Challenge not accepted. **** off, you're not worth my time"
I was just thinking though.... it would have been funny if Lin pulled out a fake gun while dude was blocking his audi at the intersection. Dude's reaction probably would have been priceless.

that part is ambiguous to me. He "extended his hand"... I don't read that as taking a swing.
perhaps wanted to block himself or signal to Lin to back off, as I imagine Dude now felt threatened by Lin approaching.
Lin only said that in response to the White guy calling him gay and harassing him.

While I agree, Lin should have just ignored the guy. But I also agree - we are all humans and sometimes we just make choices on emotions. Its likely what happened and that's why Lin responsed back.

I agree it would be funny if Lin pulled out a fake gun but that would be inducing panic to the public and cause danger to everyone there. As least a fist fight is more controlled.

Well - if someone extended their hand to you after being hostile towards you with harassment, its safe to assume he might be going for a punch. I can't fault Lin for thinking it might be a punch coming when the White guy harassed him and kicked the car. The white guy felt threaten? That's making him seem like the victim when hes the one that harassed the Asian guy first and then proceed to kick the car. If the guy felt threaten, he would have just left the Asian guy alone. You can't be the victim when you are the aggressor, you know.

Lastly - why should the White guy signal the Asian guy to back off? He kicked the Asian guy's car - he expect a confrontation after that because he tend committed a crime (vandalism).

At the end of the day - this could all been avoided if the White guy just let it go. I hate loud cars too but I don't go harassing people for it. They'll drive off and you go about your day.
Old 07-10-18, 01:49 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,701 Likes on 2,287 Posts

Brandishing a fake firearm is about the dumbest thing a person can ever do. If someone else has a real gun you could end up dead. Or the police might shoot you because they have to assume the weapon is real. Nothing funny at all about doing such a thing, ever.
Old 07-10-18, 03:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by exaktoh
Just do not kick other people’s car and you’ll be okay. I wonder why the linebacker tackled the actor and not the other man?
it seemed obvious that actor was hitting the guy from behind while he was holding a hand of a kid, and hence the tackle (due to the kid).

Honestly, all this talk white guy vs asian guy is pretty disgusting. I saw a rich privileged actor and idiot who kicked his car. Actors account certainly does not hold to scrutiny either because he failed to mention that he tried to hit the guy while he was holding a kid... who does that? he also blocked the street and crosswalk, which makes me wonder if the revved his engine when they were crossing the street.

Both were certainly at fault because if not, one of them would have pressed charges.
Old 07-10-18, 03:42 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
it seemed obvious that actor was hitting the guy from behind while he was holding a hand of a kid, and hence the tackle (due to the kid).

Honestly, all this talk white guy vs asian guy is pretty disgusting. I saw a rich privileged actor and idiot who kicked his car. Actors account certainly does not hold to scrutiny either because he failed to mention that he tried to hit the guy while he was holding a kid... who does that? he also blocked the street and crosswalk, which makes me wonder if the revved his engine when they were crossing the street.

Both were certainly at fault because if not, one of them would have pressed charges.
If you read the Asian actor's (Lin) account of the story, he defended himself when the white guy lifted his arm in an aggressive manner. The thing is - you can't blame him. At that point already, Lin was already harassed and got his car kicked - so it could be apparent that he might get punched too. So if indeed the White guy was going to punch Lin, I think the better question is - why start a fight or harass someone when you are holding your daughter's hand? That's parental neglect.

Secondly - he didn't block the street/crosswalk. Per Lin's account of the story - he revved it while going down the main street to show his friend what it sounds like. At that time - the White guy proceeds to come towards the car to harass him with his daughter in hand. And that's pretty much how this got started. After that - he was making a turn and he was yielding to pedestrians. That's when that said White guy crossed the street and decided to kick his car. That's where things got bad.

This all could have been avoided if the White guy just ignored the car. Who gets mad enough to kick someone else's property when they didn't even harm you in any way?

I agree. This Asian vs White crap is insane. But that's just how the media write these things. I'm writing it this way just to make it easier to type because we don't know the White dude's name.
Old 07-10-18, 04:43 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

The guy that kicked the car is just a hater.
Same as someone that goes around keying nice cars.

CA is full of supercars and rice cars that make noise. The answer is definitely not to go and kick the car.
i hope the Asian guy sues him for damages to the car.
Old 07-10-18, 06:41 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Where is this guy? I need him to kick some Harleys!
Old 07-10-18, 07:08 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
Where is this guy? I need him to kick some Harleys!
Doubt he would, it will go way beyond fist fighting then.
Old 07-10-18, 07:42 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

haha. they would chain him to 2 bikes and drag him down the road for a few miles.
Old 07-15-18, 02:15 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is no different than if someone threw a rock and broke a window in your house because your music was too loud in the neighborhood. Any way you look at it, it's vandalism. If that was my car he had kicked then some child would be fatherless by now.
Old 07-15-18, 02:26 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,701 Likes on 2,287 Posts

Originally Posted by F1Driver
This is no different than if someone threw a rock and broke a window in your house because your music was too loud in the neighborhood. Any way you look at it, it's vandalism. If that was my car he had kicked then some child would be fatherless by now.
Asian actor beats down a guy for kicking his Audi R8-svlvegs.jpg
Old 07-15-18, 03:02 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Then you would be in jail/facing the death penalty over some d bag kicking your car. If for some miracle you were not convicted you would have to deal with the guys family/friends and child when it grows up.
Old 07-16-18, 09:50 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

We're mocking you for your bad-assery, will you be decapitating our heads and sticking them on spikes now?
Old 07-16-18, 10:29 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Don't get me wrong most of us would love to do that but that's not the right reaction. Taking life for destruction of property will not sit well with a jury. You would have to prove you felt threatened.
Old 07-17-18, 10:31 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plex
Don't get me wrong most of us would love to do that but that's not the right reaction. Taking life for destruction of property will not sit well with a jury. You would have to prove you felt threatened.
Not a badass, not at all, quite the opposite. But that's my natural reaction when the adrenaline is rushing. Two guys on one? Yup, I feel threatened. I mean if OJ Simpson got away with murder then anything is possible as long as you have $$$$. Right? You may disagree with it but that's the way the world works.

Quick Reply: Asian actor beats down a guy for kicking his Audi R8