Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Florida Lexus LC Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-18, 08:00 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

This jerk should be arrested, somebody must have the TAG number. Welcome to South Florida, many jerks like this one around.
Old 06-26-18, 08:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
it's not being protective of the car, it is the entitlement, I am better than you, how dare you invade my personal space mentality.,
I thought that attitude was more typical of bmw drivers.
Old 06-27-18, 04:23 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yeah, hard to read minds sometimes....though you're right, that's sometimes a factor. I've seen it both ways, although whenever possible, I am very careful to avoid incidents like that myself.
That was exactly my point...the driver of the SUV showed a lot of restraint by simply not making short work of him.
I like to think most people avoid stuff like this, and have the ability to show restraint when up against the unknown like this, If I was the SUV driver I probably would be concerned the guy also had a gun. It isn't worth the possible bad outcome of engaging someone with that level of anger, just call the police, and move on..
Old 06-27-18, 06:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I agree, but even if he cracked that plastic grille, he is risking cutting/busting open his knuckles. Curious if there is a back story to this?

Yeah, that's one of the problems with videos.....you only get half the story sometimes.
Old 06-27-18, 06:09 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I thought that attitude was more typical of bmw drivers.
You yourself have cautioned us to avoid stereotyping (and I try to avoid most of it myself). But yes, there does seem be some (limited) truth to the idea of 3-series jocks having somewhat of an attitude that the road is theirs....not quite as much as those with GT, Cobra, and SVT Mustangs. I see V8 Mustang jocks, on a regular basis, do more dumb and aggressive things on the road than probably any other vehicle. But that does not negate the fact that there are also a lot of good and careful 3-series and Mustang drivers as well....especially here on this forum.
Old 06-27-18, 07:33 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I haven't been able to find a backstory, though it really doesn't take much to elicit this much rage. This happened in the city of Hialeah. If you're from Miami, this isn't abnormal lol.
Attached Thumbnails Florida Lexus LC Road Rage-photo818.jpg  
Old 06-27-18, 08:23 AM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UDel
How does someone that unhinged afford a LC? He should be happy he is driving a nicer car then 99% of the people on the road and not let himself lose control like that.
It surprised me too. Normal people with careers likely wouldn't do something to this degree. Personality aside, such people don't want criminal records.

I'd venture to guess this guy isn't a Doctor lol. He's probably involved in the entertainment industry or something. Probably was a low life before the money and is even more insufferable now.
Old 06-27-18, 08:25 AM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Florida seems like it's full of trashy people. Haven't been there in over 10 yrs. I remember some parts of Miami were really impressive.
Old 06-27-18, 10:26 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Some people, when they have a car like that, which, with options and tax, runs a six-figure price (base is 92K), are so protective of it that they go bonkers at the tiniest thing that looks like it will even begin to put a mark or fingerprint on it.
Yeah, I understand people being protective and getting angry when people do careless things, I understand being protective of any new car, I am the same way in many ways, I leave more space following someone, drive a little slower in the rain, avoid driving in bad weather if I can, avoid roads with lots of accidents, park away from other cars, etc but this guy just went nuts and possibly risks the SUV driver ramming his car and him anyway just to get away. What he did was illegal so it is going to cost a lot of money, fines, possible jail time, he could possibly lose the car/possibly his job for attacking another driver or their car like that.

Last edited by UDel; 06-27-18 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-27-18, 10:47 AM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

These are the kind of people I love to wave and smile at when they honk and flip me off. It seems to **** them off even more.

People this angry love a reaction, and when you don't give them one, it makes them even more angry.
Old 06-27-18, 11:16 AM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bad publicity for LC owners.
Old 06-27-18, 11:22 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I found some news articles about it. Appears that the police responded and talked to the SUV owner, who did not want to press charges. I find that unfortunate, as people need to be held responsible for their actions. It does make me wonder if perhaps the SUV owner doesn't want the police to dig into what happened before the filmed portion.
Old 06-27-18, 12:45 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPride
Florida seems like it's full of trashy people. Haven't been there in over 10 yrs. I remember some parts of Miami were really impressive.
That girl in Florida (I think her name was Casey Anthony) who loved to party, and let her small daughter perish rather than take care of her, is probably a good example of what you are talking about. I don't claim to know everything about the case, but her acquittal of first-degree murder, at the time, was quite controversial.
Yup, Florida I chock-full of some very colorful people. But I'll never leave!

Does that make me crazy?
Old 06-27-18, 12:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPride
Florida seems like it's full of trashy people.
quite the sweeping statement. a sample set of 1 makes the state 'full' of trashy people. i'm sure where you are has no trashy people.
Old 06-27-18, 01:15 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 335 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
I found some news articles about it. Appears that the police responded and talked to the SUV owner, who did not want to press charges. I find that unfortunate, as people need to be held responsible for their actions. It does make me wonder if perhaps the SUV owner doesn't want the police to dig into what happened before the filmed portion.
I would guess the SUV owner didn't press charges for fear of a bigger retaliation since their name and personal info would be exposed in pressing charges. South FL is one of the worst places for gun-related road rage in the country- the dude in the LC is lucky the person in the Expedition didn't shoot him. Happens pretty frequently.

Quick Reply: Florida Lexus LC Road Rage