Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Florida driver accused of ramming motorcyclist off the road arrested

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-18, 04:35 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Florida driver accused of ramming motorcyclist off the road arrested

The craziness that someone thinks it's ok to do this just amazes me.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/11...-arrested.html

Old 04-11-18, 04:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Again (as in so many similar cases like this), stupidity on both sides. The cyclist, for whatever reason (?) punched the passenger-side of the car, but the driver clearly over-reacted. Yes, the driver should face charges, but the cyclist also may have give an account of his or her action ....you don't go around beating on moving cars.
Old 04-11-18, 04:44 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

At least they got the driver. Wowza!
Old 04-11-18, 04:49 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I hope the rider is ok

Our local sports radio show does the daily Florida or Ohio where they describe some stupid stuff that was done and then you guess which state it happened in

As you can imagine, the vast majority is coming from the Sunshine state
Old 04-11-18, 04:49 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Again (as in so many similar cases like this), stupidity on both sides. The cyclist, for whatever reason (?) punched the passenger-side of the car, but the driver clearly over-reacted. Yes, the driver should face charges, but the cyclist also may have give an account of his or her action ....you don't go around beating on moving cars.
Read the article. The car driver threw something out the window of the car at the bike, and he was trying to get the car to pull over. Stupidity on one side.

Hendrickson said the driver threw a metal object at him and, instead of pulling over, the driver slams into him and takes off.
Old 04-11-18, 04:59 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Read the article. The car driver threw something out the window of the car at the bike, and he was trying to get the car to pull over. Stupidity on one side.
I went strictly by the video, not he-said/she said. If there's more to the case than just what was filmed, then fine.
Old 04-11-18, 05:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
while it is clear who is ultimately in wrong here, trying to pull the car over by smashing hand into the window did not work out well for him, did it? Hopefully he did not get injured.
Old 04-11-18, 06:58 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like reasonable self-defense to me, i hope car driver gets a good lawyer and take the screws to the biker.
Old 04-11-18, 07:54 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
looks like reasonable self-defense to me, i hope car driver gets a good lawyer and take the screws to the biker.
Did you have a look at the article?

Said driver appears to be an illegal alien who was driving without a license.

And since when does someone banging on your door justify taking said biker out (and I would be immediate to say that said biker did not use good judgment)?
Old 04-11-18, 07:58 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down

Not a very intelligent response. As a motorcyclist, one is always subject to danger and raised level of adrenaline, so sometimes we do react a bit aggressive. The car driver however is just a POS, and I hope he rots in jail for a long time.
Old 04-11-18, 08:35 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Did you have a look at the article?

And since when does someone banging on your door justify taking said biker out (and I would be immediate to say that said biker did not use good judgment)?
yes i did read it but considering the source...yeah... let me just take everything foxnews says as facts.

illegal or not a person has the right to defend themselves against attacks, they can deport him or whatever but his immigration status has nothing to do with whats happening in this video.
Old 04-11-18, 08:38 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

illegal or not a person has the right to defend themselves against attacks, they can deport him or whatever but his immigration status has nothing to do with whats happening in this video.
It wasn't defense, it was attempted murder. And his immigration status has a lot to do with whats happening in this video - illegals coming here from uncivilized countries tend to have third world attitude towards driving, laws and society.
Old 04-11-18, 08:38 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by Och
Not a very intelligent response. As a motorcyclist, one is always subject to danger and raised level of adrenaline, so sometimes we do react a bit aggressive. The car driver however is just a POS, and I hope he rots in jail for a long time.
so as a biker your reaction to driving situations on the road is aggressive violence.....and you expect the other person to not react with the same response? i am not sure who is the more intelligent one here....
Old 04-11-18, 09:30 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

biker is no saint either.

That looks like a suped up lowered mazda. Do illegals ride around in cars like that?
Old 04-12-18, 08:57 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Or......maybe the biker was defending himself for something we don't get to see on this video PRIOR to this recorded shot....

And yes, I am a biker.

Quick Reply: Florida driver accused of ramming motorcyclist off the road arrested