ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

All-new 2019 Lexus ES to debut at Beijing Motorshow

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-18, 03:31 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

G80 and G90 both show RWD cars can have very roomy rear seats and trunk.

Again not to go off track too much about ES vs GS debate.
ES sells more primarily because dealers carry a lot more of them like 10 to 1. It doesn't sell more because its a better car.
I guarantee if a salesman showed a midsize buyer the 2 cars side by side and gave them a test drive back to back - that buyer would consider paying more to get the GS! Sales ppl don't do that for the most part - they see what they have in stock and follow the least form of resistance which is ES because its cheaper and bigger.

There are faults with the GS but the dealers do it no justice. To have a newcomer like G80
outsell it every month is just embarrassing. GS deserves better treatment from Lexus.

For people on this forum to question merits of GS compared to ES is crazy. GS is in a different league by any objective measure of what a luxury sedan should be. There is a reason why it costs more.
Old 04-11-18, 03:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
So is the Avalon.
ES is nicer
Old 04-11-18, 03:39 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Personally, don't see too much difference between the Avalon (flagship sedan of the Toyota brand) and the ES (entry level sedan of the Lexus brand). In fact, the Avalon may represent a better value but they are close enough that it would strictly be a matter of personal preference.
The ES is basically a an Avalon/Camry in a nice suit. They are literally the same car but at the end of the day - the Lexus ES will take the cake. It'll have better features and better quality compared to the Avalon/Camry. The 2019 Toyota Avalon interior still looks relatively cheap.

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The IS and ES are too different vehicles aimed at two different entry level buyers. The ES buyer is not the same buyer as the IS, GS, or LS buyer. Middle American who loves Starbucks, has a nice house, make a $100K or more and perhaps grew up a Toyota owner or an American buyer. This is exactly who the ES appeals to. Much older than the IS buyer.
I know. The Lexus IS and ES are two different vehicles. However - for someone that wants a Lexus sedan but wants more room - a Lexus ES is the way for these consumers will look towards. The average consumer will probably not differentiate the fact that the IS and ES are different and just see the Lexus ES a "bigger IS". Not saying this is solid fact or anything - just saying its possible.

Agreed. The Lexus ES seems to target wealthier and older generations of people. The Lexus IS is more for younger buyers.

ES is nicer
I'll second this. I agree. The Lexus ES is definitely nicer than the Avalon. The incoming 2019 Avalon Interior still looks relatively cheap and look quality.
Old 04-11-18, 03:52 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
I know. The Lexus IS and ES are two different vehicles. However - for someone that wants a Lexus sedan but wants more room - a Lexus ES is the way for these consumers will look towards. The average consumer will probably not differentiate the fact that the IS and ES are different and just see the Lexus ES a "bigger IS". Not saying this is solid fact or anything - just saying its possible.

Agreed. The Lexus ES seems to target wealthier and older generations of people. The Lexus IS is more for younger buyers.
It will be interesting to see the new ES model. Just reading where the Avalon has, it will be interesting what they do with it.
Old 04-11-18, 03:53 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts
Default I’m not sure which is my favorite

Old 04-11-18, 03:56 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by highrev6

Avalon is nice in person, better than the pics. The ES you posted looks good as well.
Old 04-11-18, 04:03 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Is the Lexus ES above a fan rendering?

If the Lexus ES does looks close to that, I'll say the Lexus ES looks better. However - I'm expecting the Lexus ES to look close but nothing near the fan-render. The Lexus ES headlamps already has a much bulky white sharper check rather than the thinner one shown here.
Old 04-11-18, 04:10 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Toyota engineers know that the GS and LS exist. Issue with the GS is that it is pretty much redundant in the size and class of car for the US market.
Is the Lexus ES above a fan rendering?

If the Lexus ES does looks close to that, I'll say the Lexus ES looks better. However - I'm expecting the Lexus ES to look close but nothing near the fan-render. The Lexus ES headlamps already has a much bulky white sharper check rather than the thinner one shown here.

it’s a fan rendering I found in lexus enthusiast , I say it’s a nice rendering overall. The Alavon Touring shown has the optional LED Vision Tech headlamps with Adaptive LED Cornering lamps. The Avalon will also be the first Toyota to feature Audi like rapid sequential LED turn signals.
Old 04-11-18, 04:13 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

iThe Avalon will also be the first Toyota to feature Audi like rapid sequential LED turn signals.
You a fan of the Audi lights?
Old 04-11-18, 04:17 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The 2016 ES refresh debuted at the Shanghai auto show, so it's not all that surprising that this all new ES debuts in the Chinese market as well
Old 04-11-18, 04:18 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

I think the new Audi turn signals are pretty high tech and snazzy. About time Toyota does something different than the basic incandescent blinker.
Old 04-11-18, 04:44 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

it’s a fan rendering I found in lexus enthusiast , I say it’s a nice rendering overall. The Alavon Touring shown has the optional LED Vision Tech headlamps with Adaptive LED Cornering lamps. The Avalon will also be the first Toyota to feature Audi like rapid sequential LED turn signals.
I think the new Audi turn signals are pretty high tech and snazzy. About time Toyota does something different than the basic incandescent blinker.
Ahh. It is a nice fan rendering overall. But based on the ES leak photo - the ES won't probably look close to that. I wish it did though.

Yeah. Avalon will the first ever Toyota to be have sequential LED turn signals and that's nice. But I personally don't think sequential LED turn signals are a big deal or LED lights for that matter. Toyota could have kept their regular blinker and their cars will still sell. A few years back - there was a thread on bimmerpost regarding how the M3, M4 and M2 don't have LED brake lights or turn signals and some people were refusing to buy the car because of that. I just think its a little strange to refuse to buy a car because of a light bulb - I mean the 07 Camry had LED brake lights and I believe the Mustang had Sequential turn signals since 2010 so its not really a "luxurious" feature.

Last edited by BippuLexus; 04-11-18 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-11-18, 04:52 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Ahh. It is a nice fan rendering overall. But based on the ES leak photo - the ES won't probably look close to that. I wish it did though.

Yeah. Avalon will the first ever Toyota to be have sequential LED turn signals and that's nice.
I just find it a little strange Toyota decided to introduce their sequential LED turn signals on the Avalon and not the LS. Then again - its also not that surprising because sequential LED turn signals aren't that even considered luxury - I believe the Mustang had it first before everyone else.

I don't know, but the looks of their rendering their pretty close to this preproduction test spotted testing in Georgetown, KY sometimes ago.

Spotted in Georgetown

Spotted in California, seems to the ES F Sport
Old 04-11-18, 04:53 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah. Avalon will the first ever Toyota to be have sequential LED turn signals and that's nice.
I just find it a little strange Toyota decided to introduce their sequential LED turn signals on the Avalon and not the LS. Then again - its also not that surprising because sequential LED turn signals aren't that even considered luxury - I believe the Mustang had it first before everyone else.
I think the Avalon in the past has had a number of firsts. 05 was the first model to get the 3.5. Dynamic radar cruise as well. So it does happen.

Old 04-11-18, 05:05 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

I think the Avalon in the past has had a number of firsts. 05 was the first model to get the 3.5. Dynamic radar cruise as well. So it does happen.

First for US, otherwise our European C-HR had sequential blinkers since 2016 and I am sure some JDM Toyotas had it too.

Quick Reply: All-new 2019 Lexus ES to debut at Beijing Motorshow