Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2019 Genesis G70

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-19, 10:45 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
nice vid! hint: she loves is. and i have to say, it looks AWESOME on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbsJwn9vvtM
Have you seen one on the road?
Old 01-21-19, 12:46 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Have you seen one on the road?
not yet, no. they've only been on sale a couple of weeks in this area!
Old 01-21-19, 09:41 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,492 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
not yet, no. they've only been on sale a couple of weeks in this area!
I saw one in person at the Phipps Plaza mall in Atlanta a few weeks ago. It certainly is eye catching in that setting - it was a red 2.0T, don't know the exact trim but it wasn't the Sport. Liked it a lot. Unfortunately was in a hurry so didn't snap pictures.

Let's just say the in-person impressions match up pretty nicely with photos.
Old 02-12-19, 09:31 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Going out on a limb here. Sat in the G70 (again) yesterday at Square One mall. They had three models at the dealer. Later at Lexus, sat in the IS while checking out the UX. And just two days after sitting in the C at MB on Sat. Have to admit I was wrong, the G70 is the winner.
Old 02-12-19, 10:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

^^^ nice... it seems to be winning accolades all over, including i just saw, automobile mag, raving about it. but given a fickle market, and limited supply thus far in the u.s., ute-craziness, numbers may still be poor, for a while at least.
Old 02-12-19, 04:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Going out on a limb here.
No problem. In this case it's a strong limb.

Have to admit I was wrong, the G70 is the winner.
Did you notice how solid and polished everything felt? More than anything, that is the hallmark of today's Korean-built vehicles.

Now, I'm not saying they are the best at everything, or that they are the vehicles for everyone. For the money, I still like the Lacrosse's seating and riding comfort. But it you want a solidly-built vehicle at a reasonable price, it's hard to beat the Koreans right now.
Old 02-12-19, 05:23 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No problem. In this case it's a strong limb.

Did you notice how solid and polished everything felt? More than anything, that is the hallmark of today's Korean-built vehicles.

Now, I'm not saying they are the best at everything, or that they are the vehicles for everyone. For the money, I still like the Lacrosse's seating and riding comfort. But it you want a solidly-built vehicle at a reasonable price, it's hard to beat the Koreans right now.
mmmm. The materials were not what sold me. The Lexus and MB models were just as well put together. Where I started to notice was with Bitkahuna post in another thread that explained how there was dual AUTO, dual fan settings etc for the front HVAC. As well with the Toyota cost cutting post that I started which was reluctantly closed. When applied with this thought process and thinking regarding the G70, the overall user experience of the G70s interior seems a little more pleasing. Add in the idea that luxury should imply ease of use, it makes a little more sense. There are definitely some criticisms of the G70. The ride and all they of each are probably competitive with each other. From what I understand, the G70 2.0 is last place when compared with each of its rivals. You need to step up to the 3.5 to really stand out.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 02-12-19 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-13-19, 10:09 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

mmmm. The materials were not what sold me. The Lexus and MB models were just as well put together. Where I started to notice was with Bitkahuna post in another thread that explained how there was dual AUTO, dual fan settings etc for the front HVAC. As well with the Toyota cost cutting post that I started which was reluctantly closed. When applied with this thought process and thinking regarding the G70, the overall user experience of the G70s interior seems a little more pleasing. Add in the idea that luxury should imply ease of use, it makes a little more sense. There are definitely some criticisms of the G70. The ride and all they of each are probably competitive with each other. From what I understand, the G70 2.0 is last place when compared with each of its rivals. You need to step up to the 3.5 to really stand out.
It's a 3.3L twin-turbocharged V6 Jill
Old 02-16-19, 05:32 AM
BoDarville
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Going out on a limb here. Sat in the G70 (again) yesterday at Square One mall. They had three models at the dealer. Later at Lexus, sat in the IS while checking out the UX. And just two days after sitting in the C at MB on Sat. Have to admit I was wrong, the G70 is the winner.
it is logical for someone who is cross shopping the UX to come to this type of conclusion
Old 02-16-19, 07:40 AM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Good for Hyundai, maybe this will compel Lexus to build a great 4IS. Hyundai is on their heels and probably the brand most likely they will take market share from since many of Lexus's clientele are price conscious and the Genesis makes a great bargain proposition. There's still something about the G70 exterior design and interior layout that doesn't implore me to consider this car.
Old 02-16-19, 08:12 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EXE46
Good for Hyundai, maybe this will compel Lexus to build a great 4IS. Hyundai is on their heels and probably the brand most likely they will take market share from since many of Lexus's clientele are price conscious and the Genesis makes a great bargain proposition. There's still something about the G70 exterior design and interior layout that doesn't implore me to consider this car.
Just for the record. Hyundai is actually losing market share. But yes, they make a good product.
Old 02-24-19, 09:25 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Well i’m not in florida but finally saw one in person parked right up front in valet at this fancy hotel... me likey.

Old 02-24-19, 09:58 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Sweet red! Still don't care for the G70 exterior design. But inside is top notch!
Old 03-27-19, 08:22 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Finally a "fair" review about the G70. Finally some proper critique

Old 03-27-19, 03:29 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Finally a "fair" review about the G70. Finally some proper critique

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3-IfCbKou28
What do you mean by proper critique? This seemed like a general review with pros and cons and opinions. Not bad overall.

Quick Reply: 2019 Genesis G70