Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2019 Genesis G70

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-18, 02:15 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

can't get over how ugly that face looks.
Old 06-14-18, 03:59 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, or Audi are no better with their giant grills. In person it probably does not look nearly as bad, the G80 looks much better in person.
Old 06-14-18, 04:37 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
It will be interesting to see how they attempt to market the G70 here in the states. I've tried to find G80/G90 vehicles in my area and the Hyundai/Genesis dealerships in my area do not have very friendly websites. They have the Genesis models on their lots but for some reason can't seem to get them loaded to their websites. Even when doing the 'chat' on their websites they don't really know what I am asking regarding a G80. If this happens for the G70 they will have a very difficult time moving this vehicle, as I think a lot of people interested in purchasing a G70 will do their initial searches online.
Not all Hyundai Dealers sell Genesis, as a matter of fact Genesis has pulled out of a lot of Hyundai dealers that were not up to par with the requirements for being a Genesis franchise.

I just bought a G80 Sport last weekend, This is how I went about it.. First I did a build on Genesis.com to figure out what I wanted, from there Genesis.com will direct you to the dealers around you with that build or similar build. From there I took the build and went to truecar.com for pricing, this put me in touch with several dealers that were on both the Truecar and Genesis lists.

All the dealers sent me their generic email about wanting to earn my business. Only one dealer called me. All of them offered the Genesis Concierge service to me, this is where they will bring the car you are interested to your home or business and allow you to test drive it and go over all the options and financing with you. Essentially so you do not have to step foot into a Hyundai Dealership. This service is also included for free for 3/36 for all maintenance, you call or go online and schedule the Valet to come pick up your car, and they drop off a loaner, when the service is complete they bring your car back to you.

This is how I did my entire deal, the only thing I went into the dealer for, was the next day after the purchase to take pictures with the GM and Genesis Rep for their slide show advertisement in their lobby on their big screen. The entire deal was handled at my home, from the test drive (I got 2 different models for over night test drives) to the delivery of my vehicle.

While some of the bigger dealerships may still operate the old way, where you come in and all, Genesis is pushing them to use their Concierge service and come to the customer.
Old 06-14-18, 04:46 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
Honestly it keeps reminding me of some versions of the Chrysler 300. I'll have to see the G70 in person but from pictures it's the ugliest of Genesis sedans. I think the G80 is gorgeous, and the G90 is merely ok.
Old 06-14-18, 06:44 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,508 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Honestly it keeps reminding me of some versions of the Chrysler 300. I'll have to see the G70 in person but from pictures it's the ugliest of Genesis sedans. I think the G80 is gorgeous, and the G90 is merely ok.
Really? My wife thought the G80 was a Chrysler 300 at first glance when were looking at it on Turo. I personally don't get that vibe from the G70 at all though.

Originally Posted by UDel
Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, or Audi are no better with their giant grills. In person it probably does not look nearly as bad, the G80 looks much better in person.
The G80 is honestly a home run in the looks department. I think the G70 has good proportions but possibly overstyled in the front.
Old 06-15-18, 05:05 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Really? My wife thought the G80 was a Chrysler 300 at first glance when were looking at it on Turo.
ha, hard for me to see that similarity.

The G80 is honestly a home run in the looks department. I think the G70 has good proportions but possibly overstyled in the front.
agree on g80 although the interior could be better, but price point...

i think g70 looks derivative (copied) but great overall. i hope it does well.

Originally Posted by mjeds
I just bought a G80 Sport last weekend...
congrats! quick car! i wasn't sure i'd like the 3.3tt but i think it's great.
Old 06-15-18, 06:49 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,508 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Not all Hyundai Dealers sell Genesis, as a matter of fact Genesis has pulled out of a lot of Hyundai dealers that were not up to par with the requirements for being a Genesis franchise.

I just bought a G80 Sport last weekend, This is how I went about it.. First I did a build on Genesis.com to figure out what I wanted, from there Genesis.com will direct you to the dealers around you with that build or similar build. From there I took the build and went to truecar.com for pricing, this put me in touch with several dealers that were on both the Truecar and Genesis lists.

All the dealers sent me their generic email about wanting to earn my business. Only one dealer called me. All of them offered the Genesis Concierge service to me, this is where they will bring the car you are interested to your home or business and allow you to test drive it and go over all the options and financing with you. Essentially so you do not have to step foot into a Hyundai Dealership. This service is also included for free for 3/36 for all maintenance, you call or go online and schedule the Valet to come pick up your car, and they drop off a loaner, when the service is complete they bring your car back to you.

This is how I did my entire deal, the only thing I went into the dealer for, was the next day after the purchase to take pictures with the GM and Genesis Rep for their slide show advertisement in their lobby on their big screen. The entire deal was handled at my home, from the test drive (I got 2 different models for over night test drives) to the delivery of my vehicle.

While some of the bigger dealerships may still operate the old way, where you come in and all, Genesis is pushing them to use their Concierge service and come to the customer.
Wow, I totally skipped this post. Congrats on the G80 Sport. I will be looking for updates on this car, for the purposes of informing my future car buying endeavors.

The buying experience sounds awesome.
Old 06-15-18, 07:10 AM
KDX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-15-18, 12:50 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

^^ yeah so similar to a chrysler 300

Old 06-15-18, 02:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I was mainly referring to the fascia grill from the video thumbnail angle kdx posted. And arentz07's wife also thought the same as me so I'm not alone on this. So keep your panties on, it's just an opinion.
Old 06-15-18, 02:57 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
^^ yeah so similar to a chrysler 300

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I was mainly referring to the fascia grill from the video thumbnail angle kdx posted. And arentz07's wife also thought the same as me so I'm not alone on this. So keep your panties on, it's just an opinion.

the G80 has similar underpinnings to the 300, as well as the Lexus GS, and even the Audi A6

the g70 has similar underpinnings to the Chrysler 200 and the Infinity Q whatever-the-hell-it-is-called-today.
Old 06-15-18, 03:36 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

the G80 has similar underpinnings to the 300, as well as the Lexus GS, and even the Audi A6
Correct, in the sense that they are unibody and RWD/AWD....except that the A6 is FWD/AWD.

the g70 has similar underpinnings to the Chrysler 200 and the Infinity Q whatever-the-hell-it-is-called-today.
No. The G70, like the Kia Stinger platform it is based on, comes with RWD/AWD. The Chrysler 200 (now discontinued), unlike the larger 300, was FWD/AWD.
Old 06-15-18, 03:44 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Correct, in the sense that they are unibody and RWD/AWD....except that the A6 is FWD/AWD.

No. The G70, like the Kia Stinger platform it is based on, comes with RWD/AWD. The Chrysler 200 (now discontinued), unlike the larger 300, was FWD/AWD.
not talking about the drive-line.. talking about the looks:

Chrysler 200

G70
Old 06-15-18, 04:42 PM
KDX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-15-18, 05:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

not talking about the drive-line.. talking about the looks:
No offense, but I was responding to what you said about underpinnings, not looks.

Quick Reply: 2019 Genesis G70