Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Took delivery of my 2017 LS460L

Old 01-12-18, 05:20 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts
Thumbs up

Very nice LS !! Congratulations and enjoy !!
Old 01-12-18, 05:43 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Thanks guys!
Originally Posted by Vitveet
Did you buy this one or lease it?

V.
I leased it for the business writeoff. I ALMOST bought it, but a call to my accountant and him calling me a dope made me lease it.

The residual is super low, so buying it out at the end would be a great deal.

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Congrats! Might be the last of the V8s for now.....that dealer is on the way to our friends' place, have driven by several times.

p.s. how come the selling dealership didn't clean the interior, is it that they didn't have enough time between it being unloaded and the delivery to you? That's their job not yours lol
They didn’t have a ton of time, I was there and they were trying to get it turned around for me since I’d been waiting so long. Just as well, I’d rather do the cleaning to make sure nothing gets screwed up lol
Old 01-12-18, 05:55 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Thanks guys!

I leased it for the business writeoff. I ALMOST bought it, but a call to my accountant and him calling me a dope made me lease it.

The residual is super low, so buying it out at the end would be a great deal.
They didn’t have a ton of time, I was there and they were trying to get it turned around for me since I’d been waiting so long. Just as well, I’d rather do the cleaning to make sure nothing gets screwed up lol
Gotcha, I figured it was a timing thing....I hear you on wanting to do things your way...back in 2006 when I bought a new car, the saleswoman goes mind if I take this off? And she rips the paper tag for the airbag off of the glove box. "Gee, based on the look on your face, you wanted to keep it there?" yep lol makes it feel brand new....I've gotten rental cars with it still in place...
Old 01-12-18, 06:56 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Congratulations on the new LS. It looks great. Nice write up too. How long did it take to get the Armor All off? I hate that stuff especially on a car like the LS.

I have an Audi A8 in Florette Silver with back interior and was concerned about it being too dark for my taste. 35% is legal in Il but I went with 40% 3M Crystalline and it is just right for us. The tint shop owner showed me a car with back interior they'd done in 35% and it was pretty dark looking to my eye, and that helped with the decision to go a bit lighter.
Old 01-12-18, 06:57 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats! Looks great. Waiting for the extra pics! Great choice on the 17'.
Old 01-12-18, 08:00 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
I've never been to this dealer, but I would have guessed that too.
Nice place. All of the local Lexus shops in the D.C. area are nice....and the red/gray tiles out in front of this place help enhance it a little more..
Old 01-12-18, 10:02 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The car is awesome. The LWB and the air suspension do wonders for the ride, which is hard to believe because my 2015 rode so great. Its interesting the difference between AWD and RWD, I can absolutely tell. The car feels slightly quicker, but the steering is much lighter and the car overall feels better. There was always something "different" about my 2015 LS460 compared to my LS430 and LS400, and I can safely say that difference was the AWD. Love the ride in comfort mode.
386hp (RWD) vs 367hp (AWD)
Old 01-12-18, 10:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

wondering why on earth the AL dealer would have armorall'ed a brand new car?
Old 01-12-18, 11:34 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Nice place. All of the local Lexus shops in the D.C. area are nice....and the red/gray tiles out in front of this place help enhance it a little more..
I got confused....that dealer is near our friend who has a dental office....but the dealer I was thinking about this morning was Rockville, that's near where our friends live. I have never been to this dealership. But the BMW dealership in Silver Spring was very early to the online parts game, and still one of the most popular on the forum...DC is a very nice area...
Old 01-12-18, 11:37 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

40% tint combined with factory glass you should be fine that may come out under 35% which is MD standards.
Old 01-12-18, 12:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
I got confused....that dealer is near our friend who has a dental office....but the dealer I was thinking about this morning was Rockville, that's near where our friends live. I have never been to this dealership. But the BMW dealership in Silver Spring was very early to the online parts game, and still one of the most popular on the forum...DC is a very nice area...
Lexus of Rockville is some distance west of Lexus of Silver Spring......just north of Gude Drive, on MD 355 (Rockville Pike), between 355 and the railroad tracks. Like with Silver Spring, though a stand-alone dealership, it is part of a larger dealer-complex, with several other buildings right next to it, where other brands are also sold.
Old 01-12-18, 01:12 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

On tint, Limo on rear, front two doors at 20%. Thats how i roll. My ES has 20% all around and I hate it. My wifes car has 30% and it seems darker than the lexus, although the tint on the lexus needs redone as its beginning to fade.

my truck has 20% on the front and Limo (5%) over the privacy glass (20%)in the back for the equivalent of 1% light transfer, and i love it
Old 01-12-18, 02:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
On tint, Limo on rear, front two doors at 20%. Thats how i roll.
that must be why you need so many lights on your truck.
Old 01-12-18, 02:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
wondering why on earth the AL dealer would have armorall'ed a brand new car?
It has "Permaplate", the only thing I can think of is that maybe it was part of that? The dealer in AL did that.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Lexus of Rockville is some distance west of Lexus of Silver Spring......just north of Gude Drive, on MD 355 (Rockville Pike), between 355 and the railroad tracks. Like with Silver Spring, though a stand-alone dealership, it is part of a larger dealer-complex, with several other buildings right next to it, where other brands are also sold.
Service and prices seem better at SS (Rockville is under new management and isn't as good as it was), only issue is their facility is an original 1989 dealer that hasn't been renovated. Apparently they'll be moving into a whole new facility by 2020.

Found out today they will still come valet the car for service too which is great.

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
On tint, Limo on rear, front two doors at 20%. Thats how i roll. My ES has 20% all around and I hate it. My wifes car has 30% and it seems darker than the lexus, although the tint on the lexus needs redone as its beginning to fade.

my truck has 20% on the front and Limo (5%) over the privacy glass (20%)in the back for the equivalent of 1% light transfer, and i love it
Too dark for me!
Old 01-13-18, 07:27 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Picked it up today, got to see it being unloaded from the truck. Luckily the rain held off! Spent all evening cleaning it up, it was filthy even after they washed it from the truck trip, its shining all perfect now. The dealer in Alabama also slathered the whole interior in armor all, so I had to spray down all the interior panels and clean all the leather, luckily it did come off and it looks all fresh and new again.

The car is awesome. The LWB and the air suspension do wonders for the ride, which is hard to believe because my 2015 rode so great. Its interesting the difference between AWD and RWD, I can absolutely tell. The car feels slightly quicker, but the steering is much lighter and the car overall feels better. There was always something "different" about my 2015 LS460 compared to my LS430 and LS400, and I can safely say that difference was the AWD. Love the ride in comfort mode.

An interesting thing, the engine on this is much quieter. At idle it has much less of that DI ticking, and under acceleration it is quieter. I can see why people say the AWD sounds throatier. The engine sounds different at startup also, very interesting.

ML Audio is awesome, still playing around with the settings. I liked the base audio in surround mode but the ML seems to sound better out of that mode. Even XM sounds good which I was concerned about.

Radar cruise works great. my first experience with Lexus' system. Smoother than what I've had from Chrysler/Jeep and Kia. The LED lights will take some getting used to over the HID, the HID seemed to have a fuller wider beam.

The space of the LWB is awesome.

So monday full front SunTek Ultra clear bra goes on and it gets tinted. What do you guys think, 30% or 40%? Formula One Pinnacle like was on my 2015. It was 30%, but I'm worried with the black interior that might be too dark.

Also, because it came from AL it has no front plate. Salesman convinced me to leave it off. We'll see how that goes.

Here are some quick iPhone pics. Saturday is going to be a nice day and I will take better pictures.

In all honesty, its great that you got what you wanted. Good for you!!!! Probably the last chance at a V8 without paying mega bucks as an option upgrade. Like the color.

What are the OEM tires you have on it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Took delivery of my 2017 LS460L