Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New LS500h “EXECUTIVE”.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-18, 08:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Nice...but why black? Black shines up nicely, of course, when it is detailed, but can be hard as hell to keep clean, and roasts out in the sun. You'll need that garage.
Old 01-05-18, 09:06 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,560 Likes on 1,846 Posts

Sharp! I like that interior too. Have you driven it?
Old 01-05-18, 09:20 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Nice...but why black? Black shines up nicely, of course, when it is detailed, but can be hard as hell to keep clean, and roasts out in the sun. You'll need that garage.
Its not mine MM. But that said, Lexus come to the house and picks it up and brings it back clean as a whistle.
Originally Posted by SW15LS
Sharp! I like that interior too. Have you driven it?
No, not yet. Not really interested in it after driving a 600hp car. But, I will say I like the interior better than the Benz.
Old 01-05-18, 09:38 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats to your parents, !!
do they have more customizable options/trims in Japan for the New LS ?
Old 01-05-18, 09:58 PM
Nyclife
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't wait until those lease deals role in.
Old 01-05-18, 10:18 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 238 Likes on 168 Posts

Car looks pretty good and I like the interior but god those wheels look terrible. I know I keep mentioning the wheels on this car and the LC but it they just stand out that much and not in a good way. Maybe they look better in person?
Old 01-06-18, 04:01 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Beautiful car I like everything about it.
Old 01-06-18, 05:42 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Saw a couple out here in Yokohama back in November. beautiful car on the road!!!!
Old 01-06-18, 01:45 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Lexus needs a real performance division that's competitive. Then it's game over for the Germans.

The only thing holding them back at this point.
Old 01-06-18, 02:16 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Lexus needs a real performance division that's competitive. Then it's game over for the Germans.

The only thing holding them back at this point.
I once asked my cousin, who at the time had a E36 M3 that was 3 y.o., after he let me drive it. I told him I just don't understand the Japanese car mfgs. They build pretty nice cars, reliable and such, but they don't build anything that performs. Rather than reinvent the wheel, why don't they simply buy one, just one, BMW M product, and take it apart? He basically explained it doesn't work that way. For the Japanese to produce a sports car that is game over for the Germans? It would be like going to a country who doesn't have an ice hockey program, picking the best athletes, and saying in 10 years it's game over for Canada. I don't think the Japanese have the resources first of all, nor will they use them if they did have them. They will always call the 370Zs and the G37s or whatever number they are now, sports cars, when they really are not.

The intangibles are totally different. People love 911s. They love Corvettes. They love BMWs. Does anyone love a Honda, or Toyota, or is it more they love value?
Old 01-06-18, 08:47 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
I once asked my cousin, who at the time had a E36 M3 that was 3 y.o., after he let me drive it. I told him I just don't understand the Japanese car mfgs. They build pretty nice cars, reliable and such, but they don't build anything that performs. Rather than reinvent the wheel, why don't they simply buy one, just one, BMW M product, and take it apart? He basically explained it doesn't work that way. For the Japanese to produce a sports car that is game over for the Germans? It would be like going to a country who doesn't have an ice hockey program, picking the best athletes, and saying in 10 years it's game over for Canada. I don't think the Japanese have the resources first of all, nor will they use them if they did have them. They will always call the 370Zs and the G37s or whatever number they are now, sports cars, when they really are not.

The intangibles are totally different. People love 911s. They love Corvettes. They love BMWs. Does anyone love a Honda, or Toyota, or is it more they love value?
MR2, Celica, Supra, GT86 were/are sports cars. They have a huge following and people love them. I don't understand how you can even ask that question, unless you're joking? To say the Japanese can't do a sports car is really funny. The original Honda NSX was basically a game-changer. How about the Nissan GTR? And maybe the most iconic, the Mazda Miata/MX5/Roadster whatever name it goes by. This is really off-topic, though if you wait a little longer, Toyota will have a new sportscar.
Old 01-06-18, 11:58 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

@patgilm, I would have to agree with you there, I don't like the wheels either.
Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Congrats to your parents, !!
do they have more customizable options/trims in Japan for the New LS ?
I am not sure on the options, but they always just get the top of the line car with all options checked.
Old 01-07-18, 09:34 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430

Right....because the GTR didn't eat every German sports coupe and sedan for breakfast, lunch, and dinner when it came out and to an extent, still to this day even in stock form....modify the GTR and no German car has a chance....
Not to mention Supras have been dominating the import drag scene for over a decade, and let's not forget how popular Miatas and S2000 are for road racing.

Yeah the Japanese don't have the knowledge or resources to build a performance car. Right, because the LF-A never existed.

I'll tell you what the Japanese don't have, and from the looks of it, it's the desire to build cars for enthusiasts. They build cars for the masses because that's what 99% of the market is looking for.
Old 01-07-18, 11:47 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Dave what are your thoughts on the new LS vs S-class?

Some reviewers say the LS is definitely in competing range of S class and some say its not even close (mainly from people who haven't driven or sat in the car oddly enough).
Old 01-07-18, 01:23 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 294 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Thanks for the pics. I did not see any signs of a moonroof on this car. Does it have the panoramic roof instead? I thought the moonroof was standard equipment. Maybe not in Japan.

If you don't mind, please post a few pics of the rear seats. Thanks! You said it's the executive package. Does it have the DVD screens?

Quick Reply: New LS500h “EXECUTIVE”.