Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2019 Acura RDX

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-18, 07:38 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

The side profile looks a bit Nissan/Infiniti, but nicely done overall. I wonder how significant is the "significantly increase body rigidity" since if it was significant, they would have proudly proclaimed it like Toyota did with the 57% increase in the RAV4.
Old 05-29-18, 11:24 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Pricing info.
Pricing for the new 2019 Acura RDX premium compact SUV will start at $38,295 for a “well-equipped” front-wheel-drive model and goes up to about 10 grand more than that if you throw the kitchen sink at it.

For your $38,295, you won't get Acura’s fourth-gen Super Handling All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD), which is available on higher-end models. But the base model is not a total stripper. Acura execs are proud that they were able to include safety features like advanced emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist and road departure mitigation as standard on the entry-level RDX, pointing out that most of those features are options on competitors like the BMW X3, Audi Q5, Mercedes GLC 300 and Volvo XC60. It’s also interesting that Acura lists those competitors for its RDX while admitting that most buyers cross-shop the far less expensive Lexus NX 300 and Infiniti QX50 SUVs. Even carmakers have aspirations.

Moving up from base, an RDX with SH-AWD will start at $40,295, while a pretty much fully loaded model –- called Advance -– will hit $48,395. In between will be an A-Spec model with zooty-looking trim items that do not improve performance. A-Spec prices start at $44,495 for the FWD model.
Old 05-29-18, 12:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

an A-Spec model with zooty-looking trim items that do not improve performance
wonder what the A in A-spec really stands for. maybe it should be p-spec for poser.

Old 05-29-18, 12:34 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

still not really feeling the klingon center stack...

Old 05-29-18, 12:50 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
wonder what the A in A-spec really stands for. maybe it should be p-spec for poser.

It's no worse than the F-Sport package in the RX. Still handles like a ponderous boat no matter the badging.
Old 05-29-18, 05:57 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

still not really feeling the klingon center stack...
Agreed - the car is sexy... except that stack
Old 05-29-18, 06:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Maybe Acura-Spec, Athletic-Spec, or Appearance-Spec. No different than F-Sport or S-Line. They need to bring those real deal Type-S back.
Old 05-29-18, 07:37 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Way overpriced lol - Hopefully lease rates are good or this will be major fail.
Most buyers would rather spend a bit more and get RX350 which is bigger, has much better interior and a V6; or better badge like MB GLC or BMW X3.
Old 05-29-18, 08:50 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Overpriced. Competing models (NX) start a few thousand less. The body style on the standard version will not wear well overtime. It's not much different or any better than entry-level SUV designs. Within two years, this will be another struggle for Acura.
Old 05-29-18, 10:00 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,712 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Hideous vehicle inside and out the center stack is especially bad. What has happened to Acura.
Old 05-30-18, 12:52 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I personally think the A-Spec model of the Acura RDX looks pretty good on the outside. Just the A-Spec model though. Have you guys seen the non A-Spec model? It looks ugly as hell. Similar to the TLX - only the A-Spec models look good.

Agreed with everyone else. The interior doesn't look good. I personally think the interior won't age well. I saw a review online with the video showing the interior. The interior glossy material will make the RDX look old within 1-2 years.

Pricing wise - the A-Spec RDX is definitely priced similar to the NX F-Sport with the Advance pack pricing a few thousand more. I think the A-Spec RDX might lure some shoppers who are looking at the NX but I think the Advance RDX is a rip off. With a price tag of closer to 50K, I'm not sure how people would feel buying an Acura for 50K.
Old 05-30-18, 04:20 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Overpriced. Competing models (NX) start a few thousand less. The body style on the standard version will not wear well overtime. It's not much different or any better than entry-level SUV designs. Within two years, this will be another struggle for Acura.
NX even with a lower MSRP is still not worth the money and what you get on NX for base price is one lackluster package. It's a beautiful CUV (in non-US trim or F-Sport) with premium badge but that's about it. Just like CT there is way too much Toyota in it to be a Lexus. Q5 blows it out of the water even though Q5 itself is just an overpriced A4. Even UX will be more Lexus inside than current NX.

RDX seems like more solid package than NX and new QX50 seems even better than both of them

Last edited by Vladi; 05-30-18 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-30-18, 08:00 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
I personally think the A-Spec model of the Acura RDX looks pretty good on the outside. Just the A-Spec model though. Have you guys seen the non A-Spec model? It looks ugly as hell. Similar to the TLX - only the A-Spec models look good.

Agreed with everyone else. The interior doesn't look good. I personally think the interior won't age well. I saw a review online with the video showing the interior. The interior glossy material will make the RDX look old within 1-2 years.

Pricing wise - the A-Spec RDX is definitely priced similar to the NX F-Sport with the Advance pack pricing a few thousand more. I think the A-Spec RDX might lure some shoppers who are looking at the NX but I think the Advance RDX is a rip off. With a price tag of closer to 50K, I'm not sure how people would feel buying an Acura for 50K.
The MDX is Acura's best selling vehicle and is typically in the $50k-$60k range.
Old 05-30-18, 09:34 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
The MDX is Acura's best selling vehicle and is typically in the $50k-$60k range.
I think I didn't write my post clearly. I wasn't trying to say no one would buy a 50K Acura - its more of paying 50K for an entry-level Acura SUV. The MDX is pretty worth it considering its a steep discount compared to the RX.
Old 05-30-18, 09:58 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
I think I didn't write my post clearly. I wasn't trying to say no one would buy a 50K Acura - its more of paying 50K for an entry-level Acura SUV. The MDX is pretty worth it considering its a steep discount compared to the RX.
I don't think that's much of an increase from the current RDX. I bet most will come in around $45k. My local Acura dealer has numerous current RDXs at $42k, one at $45k, and two at $48k. The RDX sells pretty well for Acura so I don't think the new one will suffer. That's not a bad price increased for what appears to be a better vehicle.

Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX