Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Buick Regal first drvie review

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-17, 06:03 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Buick Regal first drvie review

This will do well for GM. Guaranteed no big 25% discounts for this model.

It is unfortunate that the interior has been reviewed poorly.

here is another one.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/buick...-drive-review/

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 12-20-17 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-20-17, 06:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks, Jill.

Did you change your mind on autoblog reviews, though? Recently, you have been criticizing them.

I'm waiting to do a Tour-X-Wagon review myself. My own Buick dealer has some on order.....they are on their way, but have not arrived yet.

I see they did the review in the Texas Hill Country. I've been there....though it was some time ago. Nice pleasant, picturesque region, and a nice place to drive with scenery, moderate hills, and curving two-lane roads.

I like the fact that there will be a cloth-seat option in the base trim....also that there is no full-digital dashboard (IMO, the less-digital, the better).

One thing, however, in the review is misleading. While it is true that both the Regal and Chevy Malibu (and the latest Australian Holden Commodore) have their roots in the Opel Insignia platform, the Regal, as was also the case with the last-generation Regal, is much closer than the Malibu to being a complete Opel re-badge. Now that GM has sold Opel off (a serious mistake, in my book), this might be the last Opel-sourced Buick we see coming from the General.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-20-17 at 06:29 PM.