Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Traded our Kia Sedona in on a Chrysler Pacifica today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-17, 07:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

There are no “older Pacificas”, the Pacifica was all new for 2017. New Chrysler products are nothing like the older stuff they made.
Old 11-13-17, 07:17 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
There are no “older Pacificas”, the Pacifica was all new for 2017. New Chrysler products are nothing like the older stuff they made.
There was the 2004 to 2008 Pacifica.
Old 11-13-17, 07:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
There was the 2004 to 2008 Pacifica.
I think what Steve meant was that the Pacifica minivan was all-new for 2017. The older Pacifica you speak of here (a neighbor mine had one) was not a true minivan...its lack of sliding doors and 2+2+2 seating was reminiscent of the Mercedes R-class, and a somewhat larger iteration of the Mazda5 people-mover. From what I understand, though, and contrary to a lot of popular opinion, the original 2+2+2 Pacifica was NOT based on the Mercedes R-platform, even though M-B owned Chrysler at the time. The R-class was RWD, and the Pacifica, FWD.
Old 11-13-17, 07:36 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

oh whoops sorry meant town and country, whatever their minivan was called lol. i'm just saying my experiences with chrysler products in the past has really been quite not good, but imma go look at this pacifica one of these days. i imagine i could learn something too, chrysler must have the best salesmen since their cars have always been so bad lol...
Old 11-13-17, 07:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stroock639
oh whoops sorry meant town and country, whatever their minivan was called lol. i'm just saying my experiences with chrysler products in the past has really been quite not good, but imma go look at this pacifica one of these days. i imagine i could learn something too, chrysler must have the best salesmen since their cars have always been so bad lol...
Yes, Chrysler did several generations of the Town & Country minivan in the past (a true minivan, not like the 1Gen Pacifica Sulu posted). Chrysler also, for a brief period, also took over the marketing of the Chrysler Voyager minivan (a less-expensive version of the T/C, roughly equivalent to the Dodge Caravan) after the Plymouth name for it was dropped with the Plymouth division itself.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-13-17 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-13-17, 08:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Let's keep this a bit more on topic folks please. Steve didn't buy a 1940's minivan....

Similar edit... or a town and country or Voyager or a Plymouth.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-14-17 at 04:09 AM.
Old 11-13-17, 09:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

There are no “older Pacificas”, the Pacifica was all new for 2017.
Here's Alex Dykes doing his (always-good) thing with the 2017 version. You can compare your own findings, as new owner, with his.

Old 11-13-17, 09:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

sw, you mentioned the remote start 'app' - i found this to be terrible and only use the remote start on the key fob which works PERFECTLY. ymmv.
Old 11-14-17, 08:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Dave lol

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
sw, you mentioned the remote start 'app' - i found this to be terrible and only use the remote start on the key fob which works PERFECTLY. ymmv.
Yeah it’s not great. My 2014 Jeep had the same app.
Old 11-14-17, 09:53 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

I don't know if any automaker has a decent app. My Lexus app works unless it's really hot or really cold. Otherwise known as the times I actually need the remote start...
Old 11-17-17, 10:12 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Steve, any pictures?
Old 11-18-17, 07:23 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blacksc400
So Steve, any pictures?
None yet other than that one of it next to the Sedona. Hopefully i’ll be able to clean it up and take some pictures tomorrow
Old 11-18-17, 07:28 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

None yet other than that one of it next to the Sedona. Hopefully i’ll be able to clean it up and take some pictures tomorrow

A front will be coming through this area overnight, probably with some rain. Tomorrow, behind the front, clearing out and windy....somewhat on the cool side.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-18-17 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-19-17, 03:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

So far so good, first week down and have about 350 miles on it. Couldn’t get it cleaned up today and take any pictures, had some work stuff come up and we’re all recovering from a nasty cold.

Anyways, so far no issues. I would have made a couple of design changes to the Uconnect theatre that are frustrating my wife. There’s no ability to play the radio upfront with sound playing in the back for the kids to watch movies. They’re a little young to wear headphones, and what we did in the Sedona was to use a Bluetooth speaker and an iPad, put that speaker between the rear seats and it worked well. Until they get a little older we will have to use an aux cable and that same speaker to avoid having to listen to the movie upfront on a trip.

They also lockout much of the control of the movie playback from upfront when the car is moving which is frustrating. Workaround is our iPad with the movies plugged into the HDMI port, can control the movie on the iPad.

Still enjoy driving it, it’s very solid and enjoyable to drive. Have a bunch of trips coming up next month. Headed 500 miles round trip to NJ for Thanksgiving, then 700 miles round trip the next weekend to WV, then 800 miles round trip to Albany, NY for New Years. So the van will definitely get broken in!

Hopefully snow will hold off for our trip to WV, if snows in the forecast we’ll wind up not going or taking the Lexus.
Old 11-19-17, 03:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

So far so good, first week down and have about 350 miles on it. Couldn’t get it cleaned up today and take any pictures, had some work stuff come up and we’re all recovering from a nasty cold.
Not surprising you didn't work on it today. That wind was something..50 MPH gusts. It was pretty well-forecast, though.

Still enjoy driving it, it’s very solid and enjoyable to drive. Have a bunch of trips coming up next month. Headed 500 miles round trip to NJ for Thanksgiving, then 700 miles round trip the next weekend to WV, then 800 miles round trip to Albany, NY for New Years. So the van will definitely get broken in!
Check the Owners Manual...it might (?) have a reference, during break-in-period, to vary the engine speed up and down. If you're going to be on the Interstates (especially if they are free of traffic jams, with traffic moving freely, that usually means avoiding just cruising at the same speed, on and on, for miles at a time....vary the speed a little). Many new engines today, though, don't require much of a break-in any more...not like in the past.

Hopefully snow will hold off for our trip to WV, if snows in the forecast we’ll wind up not going or taking the Lexus.
If you are not already aware of it, here's a local website, associated with the Washington Post, that is very handy and useful for keeping up wth local weather conditions and forecasts. I'm a member of it myself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.903e44040bd2

Quick Reply: Traded our Kia Sedona in on a Chrysler Pacifica today...