Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

CT6, LC500, Camry, Lacrosse, Continental...are these cars selling?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-17, 04:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Apparently the name doesn't translate well to all those crazy French Canadians up in Quebec. In their dialect "crosse" is rather vulgar and can mean a couple different things depending on context. Buick calls the car the "Allure" in Canada.
It is also sold as the Daewoo Alpheon in South Korea....GM, of course, has part-ownership of Daewoo.

Not to get too far off-topic, but it might be a stretch to call some of the French-descent in that region "Canadians". They can't seem to quite get their act together and decide, once and for all, whether they actually want to be Canadians or go it alone.
Old 11-20-17, 11:23 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

This new 2018 Buick LaCrosse now comes with remote start, cylinder deactivation, massaging seats. Pretty strange updates for the second year. Wonder how they just didn't offer them at the start.
Old 11-20-17, 11:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
This new 2018 Buick LaCrosse now comes with remote start, cylinder deactivation, massaging seats. Pretty strange updates for the second year. Wonder how they just didn't offer them at the start.

In fact, they did. You looked at last year's specs, didn't you?
Old 11-20-17, 12:42 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
In fact, they did. You looked at last year's specs, didn't you?
All of these features? Read a review and it said new for 2018
Old 11-20-17, 02:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

All of these features? Read a review and it said new for 2018

Yes, all of those features. Here...see for yourself. Buick still has both the 2017 and 2018 LaCrosse specs up on its website.

2017: http://www.buick.com/previous-year/l...ury-sedan.html

2018: http://www.buick.com/sedans/lacrosse...ury-sedan.html

Trust me.....I would not plunk down the better part of 40K on a new vehicle without knowing (as much as possible) exactly what I was getting, inside and out. And, of course, neither would Steve, with his new Pacifica.

As for reviews, yes, some of them (particularly from Alex Dykes) can be very good....but the factory has the last word on what actually goes into the vehicles and what doesn't.
Old 11-21-17, 08:17 PM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

It would be interesting to see sales numbers for larger Eastern European countries like Poland, Russia and Ukraine. Lexus seems to be moving significantly more units there than in Western European countries (Russia is also offering the 350 engines for the IS/RC/RX, while the EU does not due to CO2 shenanigans).

Most car spots of the LC come from Poland:
https://www.autogespot.com/lexus/lc-500/spots
https://www.autogespot.com/lexus/lc-500h/spots

Given that only 400 LC’s per month are being produced and US sales remain stable at around 200 cars/month, I’m fairly positive that global sales (incl. markets like China, the Gulf states and South America) are approaching 400/month.
Old 11-22-17, 07:13 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoppean
I
Given that only 400 LC’s per month are being produced and US sales remain stable at around 200 cars/month, I’m fairly positive that global sales (incl. markets like China, the Gulf states and South America) are approaching 400/month.
400 for the US or 400 worldwide?
Old 11-22-17, 07:46 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

The car is actually named for the town of La Crosse, Wisconsin, which is an old French term (the French were the first Europeans to settle that area). The "a", of course, is smaller than the "C" next to it, if it is actually spelled correctly.
I did not know that! In my mind WI is this idyllic place and the people are friendly, although I've only been there 2X. I thought everybody played hockey and I find it's not often the case. Thought maybe they have the best brats, but now I give that award to Cincinnati. My sister in-law lives in Kenosha so I asked her if she can score me some Snap On tools at a huge discount, which she could not...but she did get me Harley Davidson gear from the dealer there....Uke's
Old 11-22-17, 08:15 AM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

400 for the US or 400 worldwide?
Worldwide as far as I understand:
Lexus has pegged total production of the 2018 Lexus LC at 400 per month, with 90 percent of that going to the LC 500 and the remaining 10 percent allocated to the LC 500h hybrid.
https://www.slashgear.com/5-things-y...s-lc-21475514/
Old 11-22-17, 10:01 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Yes, all of those features. Here...see for yourself. Buick still has both the 2017 and 2018 LaCrosse specs up on its website.

2017: http://www.buick.com/previous-year/l...ury-sedan.html

2018: http://www.buick.com/sedans/lacrosse...ury-sedan.html

Trust me.....I would not plunk down the better part of 40K on a new vehicle without knowing (as much as possible) exactly what I was getting, inside and out. And, of course, neither would Steve, with his new Pacifica.

As for reviews, yes, some of them (particularly from Alex Dykes) can be very good....but the factory has the last word on what actually goes into the vehicles and what doesn't.
Did you get the model with the massage seats? If so how are they. Pretty interesting feature for a Buick, they did a good job with the styling inside and out on the Buick.
Old 11-22-17, 04:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UDel
Did you get the model with the massage seats? If so how are they. Pretty interesting feature for a Buick, they did a good job with the styling inside and out on the Buick.
No. I sprung for the Preferred trim feel, with the V6 / 9-speed option.....one step above base. Didn't order any extras but the V6 and rubber all-weather mats. Decided I didn't need the upper-trim levels with all of those convenience and safety-items. IMO there are enough things on today's premium/upmarket cars to distract the driver...and I don't need having my butt massaged to add to them. I did try out the feature, though, when I test-drove a top-level version....works pretty much the same as those on other upmarket cars I've seen. In some Cadillacs, they also have it wired into some of the safety-features....so it "warns" you with a seat-vibration if someone is in your blind-spot, cross-traffic alert, not staying in the lane, etc.....

One item, though, I do (at least somewhat) wish I had, and don't, is the automatic tilt-down for the outside mirrors when the vehicle goes into reverse...that is very handy for parking, more so than even the back-up camera. That feature is not available on the Preferred level (or, if so, is part of a expensive package-option, with a bunch of other things I didn't need or want). But, overall, the Preferred trim level was closest to what I was looking for. The new Avenir version is nice to look at, but IMO not worth the cost.....plus, the Avenir comes standard with larger wheels than I'd like....19".

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-23-17 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-22-17, 04:58 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The US is a very important and key market for Lexus. If you can't sell the LC 500 in the US, you've got a problem. The only other options are China and a few units being moved in Europe. Yes there are other regions where millionaires etc. might want a luxury GT, but you still need to make sure you move the bulk of your sales in the US.
Old 11-22-17, 05:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattyG
The US is a very important and key market for Lexus. If you can't sell the LC 500 in the US, you've got a problem. The only other options are China and a few units being moved in Europe. Yes there are other regions where millionaires etc. might want a luxury GT, but you still need to make sure you move the bulk of your sales in the US.

Maybe Paris Hilton's next boyfriend will buy her one. One of her past ones gave her a yellow LF-A for her birthday. She also had a white one after that.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-22-17 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-22-17, 05:32 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Yes I agree. It's an interesting situation with the new LC. What if it fails? Then what for Lexus?
Old 11-23-17, 03:10 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Don’t forget the Japanese market , they had the second most allocations for the LFA after all ...

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-23-17 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: CT6, LC500, Camry, Lacrosse, Continental...are these cars selling?