Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

AMG Performance Tour, VIDEO UPDATE POST#49, 38 & 40........

Old 10-31-17, 06:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yup, pretty similar to when i got the M and they offered free M school, part of their promotion of the performance driving. i think it works out pretty good!

looks like you had a blast, hope you were able to learn more about the limits of these machines!!

so it's a one day event?
It is a one day event and I had a great time, but did not really get to learn the limits of the AMGs, particularly the GTR, driving them myself.
The instructors tell us to learn to control the steering wheel smoothly, brake and accelerate at the right time, trail braking, etc, before really pushing the cars on the track.
I did feel what it is like when it is push to its limit (or close to) when all of us got a ride in the GTR driven by 2 instructors who are race car drivers at the end of the day, & that was a blast !!

​​​​​​BTW, I think you can get yourself invited to this free AMG tour also if interested, it is the dealership who picks who to invite among their customers, I don't think there is a strict requirement to be an AMG owner. Since you already have a GLS, if you express interest in an AMG model, maybe U can get yourself an invitation

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-31-17 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-31-17, 06:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
spectacular location and event... pretty unbelievable that's free... costs mb a bunch to put that on!
Great treat from MB for their AMG clients, but they are also promoting for their AMG Driving Academy & sell more AMG’s, and this is the best way to do it

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-04-17 at 03:14 AM.
Old 10-31-17, 07:59 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Great treat from MB for their AMG clients, but they are also promoting for their AMG Driving Academy, and this is the best way to do it
When I was autocrossing the Panamera GTS, the instructor looked like he was upset about something, and didn't say a word. So asked him, any tips?

"Always on the gas or brakes, never coasting. You're coasting, you're losing time."

That was all he said lol I guess at least it was free.
Old 10-31-17, 12:51 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
When I was autocrossing the Panamera GTS, the instructor looked like he was upset about something, and didn't say a word. So asked him, any tips?

"Always on the gas or brakes, never coasting. You're coasting, you're losing time."

That was all he said lol I guess at least it was free.
We do the autocross alone without instructors, they only time us.
They only have instructors when we got on the racetrack, when they give you advice.
We also had the chance to drive alone on the track with a few of the AMG's later.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-31-17 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-31-17, 09:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

It is a one day event and I had a great time, but did not really get to learn the limits of the AMGs, particularly the GTR, driving them myself.
The instructors tell us to learn to control the steering wheel smoothly, brake and accelerate at the right time, trail braking, etc, before really pushing the cars on the track.
I did feel what it is like when it is push to its limit (or close to) when all of us got a ride in the GTR driven by 2 instructors who are race car drivers at the end of the day, & that was a blast !!

​​​​​​BTW, I think you can get yourself invited to this free AMG tour also if interested, it is the dealership who picks who to invite among their customers, I don't think there is a strict requirement to be an AMG owner. Since you already have a GLS, if you express interest in an AMG model, maybe U can get yourself an invitation
hahah this sounds dangerous!!!!
Old 11-01-17, 08:18 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Nice!!! Please report back with tons of pics!
Not 2 convenient to use the big camera during the driving events, so I only took cell phone pics, and not too many of them, some of them already posted.
The AMG organizers' photographer did took pics and sent them to us afterwards. Those with the thumbnails are some of the images they sent, not mine, which I just updated in post#1 and 2.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-01-17 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-01-17, 08:22 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

hahah this sounds dangerous!!!!
I did not follow recently, are you looking ? You still have the NSX and GS ?

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-01-17 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-01-17, 01:57 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like a phenomenal time! Thanks so much for sharing.

I did something similar on a smaller scale with Porsche at Lime Rock Park a month ago. It was a blast. Having instructors there brings it to the next level.

Great perk on top of enjoying your AMG!
Old 11-01-17, 06:34 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TripleL
Looks like a phenomenal time! Thanks so much for sharing.

I did something similar on a smaller scale with Porsche at Lime Rock Park a month ago. It was a blast. Having instructors there brings it to the next level.

Great perk on top of enjoying your AMG!
You are welcome Larry
I searched "Porsche driving lime rock 2017", & look what I found !!

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/#/topics/148497?page=1

​​​​​​Great write up Larry I so want to drive those Porsche Caymans and 911s on the track too !! And I'd love to drive the new Panamera, which I like a lot better than the previous gen. Events like this makes me want to consider a Porsche again next

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-01-17 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-01-17, 09:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I did not follow recently, are you looking ? You still have the NSX and GS ?
hahhaa, no, sold the nsx couple weeks back already. now just the gs and gl. been thinking what to get next, that's why i think it's a very dangerous idea if i am able to attend the amg academy
Old 11-02-17, 07:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

hahhaa, no, sold the nsx couple weeks back already. now just the gs and gl. been thinking what to get next, that's why i think it's a very dangerous idea if i am able to attend the amg academy
Based on what I saw you post in the sales thread, you are already thinking pretty dangerously despite the $30k discount.
And having driven the E63S, less dangerous and can seat 4 comfortably, it is not only fast but agile, I think that’s your perfect replacement for the GS !!
Old 11-02-17, 08:15 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

That's one heck of an experience to enjoy.
Old 11-02-17, 10:25 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Wow, that is one great perks for owning an AMG.
Looks soooooo relaxing from the hotel pictures

More pictures Andrew!!!!

Umm, Henry please pm me what you plan on getting next. I had no idea you sold your NSX
Old 11-02-17, 09:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Based on what I saw you post in the sales thread, you are already thinking pretty dangerously despite the $30k discount.
And having driven the E63S, less dangerous and can seat 4 comfortably, it is not only fast but agile, I think that’s your perfect replacement for the GS !!
truth is my wife actually tells me to wait for the gs lease to end and then get my e63s or cls63s or s63s. they are monsters and ridiculous, but they are no sports car. i kind of prefer having a regular daily driver and then something i can have fun with for the weekends.

we will see. if my work continues to keep me this busy maybe i don't even get to think much!

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Wow, that is one great perks for owning an AMG.
Looks soooooo relaxing from the hotel pictures

More pictures Andrew!!!!

Umm, Henry please pm me what you plan on getting next. I had no idea you sold your NSX
haha yes i sold my nsx in pretty "stealth" mode, let's just say i didn't even get the chance to advertise!
Old 11-03-17, 03:12 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You are welcome Larry
I searched "Porsche driving lime rock 2017", & look what I found !!

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/even...lime-rock.html

​​​​​​Great write up Larry I so want to drive those Porsche Caymans and 911s on the track too !! And I'd love to drive the new Panamera, which I like a lot better than the previous gen. Events like this makes me want to consider a Porsche again next
Good searching to find that! lol Thanks I'm famous now! Maybe after a AMG Performance tour, you could hit up PEC (Porsche Experience Center) for a visit and flog a Panny Turbo for a day

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AMG Performance Tour, VIDEO UPDATE POST#49, 38 & 40........