Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Saw my first LC500 on the road yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-17, 07:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Not sure why you have to tell everyone. It either does or it doesn't. But having to tell us makes me suspect something. Kinda like when someone tells me "they could afford a much higher priced car but they chose not to". Well, you either can or you cannot. There is no value it telling someone you can.
I think the point is, Jill, that some people CAN afford certain vehicles but simply choose not to spend the money on them. I don't see anything wrong with that. If one is happy, on a Cadillac income, with a Chevy...why not? Those extra $$$$ saved on the auto-purchase will just stay in the bank for emergencies.
Old 10-02-17, 02:46 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,492 Likes on 1,799 Posts

I definitely tried to get a test drive of an LC 500 at the dealer while I was in for my last service, and it didn't happen. They were just like "Yeah... it's a nice car. Everyone wants to get in it." Instead of answering the question. Subtle enough for me.

I'm going to get that test drive eventually, I swear it...
Old 10-02-17, 05:57 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Not sure why you have to tell everyone. It either does or it doesn't. But having to tell us makes me suspect something. Kinda like when someone tells me "they could afford a much higher priced car but they chose not to". Well, you either can or you cannot. There is no value it telling someone you can.
I'm not sure what you are saying? having to tell you what? I never said i could afford either car but chose not to buy it. Not that its any of your business, but I cant afford either car (LC or Ferrari) at the moment. Which is precisely why I doubt the dealer would let me drive an LC.

in any case, think what you want. I dont have to justify myself to anybody, I'm a grown man.
Old 10-03-17, 08:31 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Good description. You could be a budding ad copy writer.
If the Glove fits then you must Admit, Hoovey, that was a really good description of your experience of the car on the road. You had me locked in, with you, from the headlights all the way to the after-burner lights & wide stance saying bye.

Phew! What a rush! I don't need to drive the LC now, I just lived it!
Old 10-03-17, 02:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Agreed. The LC looks spectacular.

"Jill"' please drop the personal "can you afford it commentary" in this thread and future threads/posts.
Old 10-03-17, 02:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I definitely tried to get a test drive of an LC 500 at the dealer while I was in for my last service, and it didn't happen. They were just like "Yeah... it's a nice car. Everyone wants to get in it." Instead of answering the question. Subtle enough for me.

I'm going to get that test drive eventually, I swear it...
That is unfortunate. You should take your service dollars somewhere else.

I can totally justify not letting you drive a brand new in stock model. But a demo ride should be available.
Old 10-04-17, 03:45 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone in my condo has a red LC500. I heard it while at my car in the garage and then saw a glimpse of it as they drove by. Such an incredible sounding and looking car.
Old 10-07-17, 04:58 AM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

View this post on Instagram
Old 10-07-17, 10:13 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,492 Likes on 1,799 Posts

I can totally justify not letting you drive a brand new in stock model. But a demo ride should be available.
Eh, Idk about taking my service elsewhere... This was uncharacteristic for them. Usually they're extremely accommodating no matter why I am there. Good idea on just asking for a ride though, I may give that a shot if I am there again.
Old 10-07-17, 11:31 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

There are no dealers in this area that have LC demos. Supply is still short so not even the owner here has one.
Steve