Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Everything You Need to Know About Lexus' Carbon Fiber

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-17, 01:56 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Everything You Need to Know About Lexus' Carbon Fiber

Everything You Need to Know About Lexus' Carbon Fiber
By Bassem Girgis

The Lexus RC F and LFA are a dream-come-true for the carbon fiber enthusiasts. Here is what you need to know about the exotic material used by the legendary Japanese company.
Old 09-29-17, 08:18 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I will say when they actually use the carbon it is absolutely PERFECT best looking weave in a non super car brand. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

my only problem is the do not use nearly enough of it. Namely on the GSF (on useful area not all the cosmetic) and in the RCF. I think the RCF should have aluminum door skins and carbon hybrid door inner structure like the LC500. So supposedly they made a carbon fiber factory for the LFA construction?? If so they dont use enough period and that is pretty disappointing.

ITS TIME LEXUS WENT ON A DIET. They know the GSF RCF are too heavy, They have the technology and expertise (previous wire loom company) In my mind its NOT excusable. IF they do not address the RCFs weight/hp ratio problem it will continue to have low sales volume and low resale values. The Competition M4 M3 M5, C63s coupe sedan and E63s some lighter some heavy but all are quicker or handle better. Either add power or lose weight. The hype on the RCF is dying fast. sad but true

Last edited by LRCSALES; 09-29-17 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-29-17, 08:25 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

and one more thing, before someone brings up reliability and fewer problems per car, Everyone knows it costs a fortune to maintain a M car or a AMG car. and they are more expensive to lease. THEY DONT CARE because the cars perform well for the cost to purchase and maintain. And Chevrolet sells a ZL! and it would blow the doors off of a RCF or GSF and most go for MSRP as well as the AMG cars are rarely discounted (you are lucky to get one actually) Enthusiasts will ALWAYS pay more money for better performance. Heck most buy an expensive high performance car and spend even MORE money on it making it faster or look Meaner.

IF the RCF only gets a better nav system and exterior refresh Expect low sales and big rebates. As of right now im NOT buying a 2018 RCF because of this issue. People give me thumbs up on the highway and stare on a daily basis, They even take photos when im parked. It is the best looking car in the segment but it doesn't back it up. Having 467 HP is 1990s to early 2000s hp numbers.

Last edited by LRCSALES; 09-29-17 at 10:16 AM.