Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2018 Lexus LS500/LS500h

Old 02-15-19, 10:35 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill View Post

No chance. The LX and GX do really well in Canada. Finance rates are like 4.9%. Never seen a rebate on an LX. Ever.
So I bought a used 16 LX in the beginning of 2018, BUT I did come across several dealers selling new leftover 2017 LX's for $12k-$16k off. One was McGrath Lexus in Chicago. I don't think these were rebates, rather just dealer discounts. This is US, of course as market dynamics in Canada will be different.
Old 02-15-19, 11:03 AM
AJT123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

GXs are everywhere around this SUV crazed city. Which is surprising, given how old the design is. (That's exactly why I want one though, tried and true reliability BOF with V8.)
Old 02-15-19, 11:35 AM
LexsCTJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandl View Post
So I bought a used 16 LX in the beginning of 2018, BUT I did come across several dealers selling new leftover 2017 LX's for $12k-$16k off. One was McGrath Lexus in Chicago. I don't think these were rebates, rather just dealer discounts. This is US, of course as market dynamics in Canada will be different.
That is a great deal of an LX.
Old 02-15-19, 01:43 PM
coolsaber
Lexus Champion

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

CA i have no clue of however stateside, LX leftover units have gone as low at 78K for the 3rd row version, pretty hefty discounts if you find a leftover unit. Currently I dont expect many discounts on the 19s since the stop sale order is slowly being resolved. Leftover units of 18 exist in very limited quantities, and some of these are spoken for units that were awaiting (1st in line) for the recall fix.

GX in 2018 Summer were going as low at 20% (personally vetted) and lower. Now there pushing without negotiations about 15% easy.

18s LS currently in the states are starting with 20k off, and the longer these vehicles exist (months inventory left last i checked), you can probably go lower. These units are officially not equipped with carplay, so dont buy em if you think Lexus will become generous and retrofit them (there is an official presser that states they are in testing phase to see if possible but nothing solid).
Old 02-15-19, 01:47 PM
LexsCTJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by coolsaber View Post
These units are officially not equipped with carplay, so dont buy em if you think Lexus will become generous and retrofit them (there is an official presser that states they are in testing phase to see if possible but nothing solid).
They can do it. But do they want to. I can't imagine Apple Car Play is worth paying $20,000 for new 2019 Lexus over the outgoing 18
Old 05-25-19, 11:41 AM
LexsCTJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS View Post
Now, this new LS has attempted to inject some of what people typically consider "personality" into the car, and personally that injection drove me away from the car but I could see how it would potentially attract other people. I.
I remember this comment you made a while ago. I think you are spot on. Lately I have seen a good number of Lexus LS models. I think the LS500 in F-sport trim works better than non-F sport. The shape and overall design is beginning to really work for me, at least in F sport trim. When parked next to a Porsche Panamera for instance, the LS F sports really comes into its own IMO.
Old 05-26-19, 12:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 680 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill View Post
I remember this comment you made a while ago. I think you are spot on. Lately I have seen a good number of Lexus LS models. I think the LS500 in F-sport trim works better than non-F sport. The shape and overall design is beginning to really work for me, at least in F sport trim. When parked next to a Porsche Panamera for instance, the LS F sports really comes into its own IMO.
Its a great looking car IMHO, but in the same way as I think a Panamara is a great looking car, I wouldn’t choose to buy one.

Traditional 3 box flagship cars just appeal to me more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Lexus LS500/LS500h

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: