ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Saw my 1st LC 500 on the road (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/864717-saw-my-1st-lc-500-on-the-road.html)

jrmckinley 08-09-17 01:21 PM

Saw my 1st LC 500 on the road

Great looking car. Saw my first one in-person on Monday in Vail, CO on a beautiful afternoon. It was the "Infrared" color and is a very striking car, especially from the side. The driver was going around a round-about and then got onto the ramp to jump on the freeway. That sound....

JDR76 08-09-17 01:23 PM

They're pretty stunning, aren't they?

The other day I drove past my local Lexus dealer, craning my neck to see if they had any sitting out where I could see. No such luck. A short time later I was rewarded by seeing one on the road. I believe it was Caviar. Great presence on the road.

jrmckinley 08-09-17 02:11 PM

Great road presence and styling. It gives me hope that the new LS 500 will look better in-person than I'm expecting..! The LC is one of those cars that I think people would see from the side or back and think "wow, what is that?" The angles look a little harsh/aggressive in pictures but the car looked awesome in person.

jwong77 08-09-17 02:15 PM

For sure its a beautiful car, saw a few at the dealer when we were purchasing the RX. The brakes are really impressive.

Kira X 08-09-17 02:49 PM

It's an amazing car in person. We have a few at my dealership at the moment. It's the hottest car on the road around here and we can barely keep up with the demand.

grabber2 08-09-17 03:00 PM

Saw a white one outside my office last week........It look plain in white.

bitkahuna 08-09-17 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kira X (Post 9949918)
It's an amazing car in person. We have a few at my dealership at the moment. It's the hottest car on the road around here and we can barely keep up with the demand.

where's here? :)

tecman 08-09-17 06:14 PM

I have been around 2 on the road and noticed the tail lights are flat. This shows constant reflections when the car is moving... Love the car but not a fan of the distracting tails.

Example:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...51ba1eb514.jpg

Toys4RJill 08-09-17 06:15 PM

Seen two. Both white. One parked and one on the highway. Stunning car.

GiantsFan 08-09-17 11:55 PM

Drove one... Amazing car. :thumbup:

It sounds awesome as well!

arentz07 08-10-17 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by GiantsFan (Post 9950343)
Drove one... Amazing car. :thumbup:

It sounds awesome as well!

Totally jealous. Last time I was getting service done I somewhat jokingly asked if I could go for a spin while waiting... Nah. Not VIP like that yet I suppose. :D

Outside of a dealership I've seen just two so far. Saw one in Atlanta when I was down visiting family, and it was in Caviar. Looks awesome in that color. I also saw one recently in KC in Smoky Granite Mica, which I thought was nice for showing off the car's lines. In the dealership, it was a white one with a tan interior - the interior's incredible!

RNM GS3 08-10-17 11:26 AM

I have yet to see one on the road anywhere in NYC and have received a bunch of emails from local dealers to come drive it, so not sure if there is much demand. I have seen a ton of S550/63 coupes lately though.

jadu 08-10-17 12:27 PM

broke my neck when I saw one in downtown SD :)

Kira X 08-11-17 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by bitkahuna (Post 9949989)
where's here? :)

The Oklahoma City area. I went to the gym a few days ago and a white one parked next to my SC300. I later met the owner as I ran into him again that day. He said the LC gets crazy amounts of attention on the road.

I felt like a celebrity when I drove one around the block?

mordecai 08-12-17 01:56 PM

Lexus did such an awesome job with the LC! I can't wait to see one on the road!