Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This made my day!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-17, 01:53 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

In Texas anyway, charges could range from simple assault (misdemeanor) all the way up to aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon (both felonies) . . . from a few months behind bars to life. This is serious stuff. Don't know how the local DA could pass on this.
Old 07-10-17, 01:55 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Thankfully the Volvo driver has been arrested. The cyclists should have been riding single file but he hardly deserved that.
agreed.

Originally Posted by Och
I'm sure we all hate stupid bicyclers. This one almost won the Darwin award.
i don't hate them, but it's hard to be that sympathetic to stupid behavior. i do hate car drivers that attempt to run over people though!

Originally Posted by Och
Hilarious piece by JC on these mantyhose wearing betamale fartstains.
please refrain from this kind of name calling.

Originally Posted by wasjr
From updated article: "According to the arrest affidavit, Marshall Grant Neely III, 58, told the National Park Service rangers that a man and woman were standing in the road on July 8 at 11 a.m. He reported that the two threw the bicycle into his black Volvo." Apparently they had not told him about the video.
liar and a criminal. i'm sure he'll enjoy the prison food and life.
Old 07-10-17, 01:59 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow Och find it odd that you enjoyed a cyclist getting hit like that. Cyclists should have been single file instead of they way they were but that first vehicle went around don't see why the Volvo couldn't have done the same thing. I would have gone around and have done so on several occasions when I come across cyclists on public roads that don't have a bike lane.
Old 07-10-17, 02:11 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yet when these bicycling idiots hit pedestrians, they get away with zero consequences. They are not required to carry insurance, so the pedestrians they hit get stuck with medical bills. They are really a menace on the road, and from what I observe here in NYC they mostly fall in two categories - one are a bunch of self righteous snowflake beardos with extremely entitled attitude and zero respect for traffic signals, vehicles and pedestrians, and the other are food delivery cyclists with third world attitude towards rules of the road. The first group especially is universally despised by drivers, motorcyclists and pedestrians.
Old 07-10-17, 02:17 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by Och
Yet when these bicycling idiots hit pedestrians, they get away with zero consequences. They are not required to carry insurance, so the pedestrians they hit get stuck with medical bills. They are really a menace on the road, and from what I observe here in NYC they mostly fall in two categories - one are a bunch of self righteous snowflake beardos with extremely entitled attitude and zero respect for traffic signals, vehicles and pedestrians, and the other are food delivery cyclists with third world attitude towards rules of the road. The first group especially is universally despised by drivers, motorcyclists and pedestrians.

Wow seems like there's some obvious hidden anger towards cyclists, let it all out I guess. Safe to say you wouldn't hesitate to run the first group of snowflake beardos over if you had the chance? What about the second group of what are most likely immigrants you deem as having third world attitudes? Let us know how that goes.
Old 07-10-17, 02:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I get the frustration with bikers...but the guy in the Volvo should never be allowed to operate a vehicle again...

Luckily when we have self driving cars control will be taken away from these whack-os
Old 07-10-17, 02:59 PM
socalcpa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope the driver is charged with attempted manslaughter and gets significant prison sentence. The video strongly suggests this was not an accident but a deliberate action.

As to all the idiots who worry what cyclists are wearing - first get off your fat *** and try to ride at least 20-30 miles and then offer your opinion.
Old 07-10-17, 03:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The cycling outfits look funny but they are functional lol.

As a disclaimer I haven't ridden a bike since I turned 16. That's not a joke it's the truth lol
Old 07-10-17, 03:12 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I get the frustration with bikers...but the guy in the Volvo should never be allowed to operate a vehicle again...

Luckily when we have self driving cars control will be taken away from these whack-os
Agreed. Although the cyclist is inconsiderate, I'm shocked at how many posts here are in favor of the cyclist getting hit.
Old 07-10-17, 03:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by yardie876
Agreed. Although the cyclist is inconsiderate, I'm shocked at how many posts here are in favor of the cyclist getting hit.
Sadly I'm not shocked.
Old 07-10-17, 03:33 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Self driving cars are a myth and will never exist didn't you get the memo

Sadly I'm not shocked.
I will admit I was somewhat shocked by some of the comments here in favor of the cyclists getting hit which tells me those that commented would have done the same as the Volvo if they think they could get away with it.
Old 07-10-17, 03:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by plex
Self driving cars are a myth and will never exist didn't you get the memo
Haha...good times

admit I was somewhat shocked by some of the comments here in favor of the cyclists getting hit which tells me those that commented would have done the same as the Volvo if they think they could get away with it.
Remember in this day and age, if you disagree with somebody or they do something in some way that you don't like...they deserve to die.
Old 07-10-17, 03:38 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,708 Likes on 2,293 Posts

He reported that the two threw the bicycle into his black Volvo."
HAHA!!!

Too funny.
Old 07-10-17, 04:12 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Cyclist has been released from hospital with "non life threatening injuries".

From updated article: "According to the arrest affidavit, Marshall Grant Neely III, 58, told the National Park Service rangers that a man and woman were standing in the road on July 8 at 11 a.m. He reported that the two threw the bicycle into his black Volvo." Apparently they had not told him about the video.
Yeah, the report I read said he suffered serious but non life threatening injuries.

I'm pretty horrified at the stereotypes and attitudes on here. Pretty sad. Whether people like cyclists or not, it amazes me when people celebrate that people get injured. Not a good sign for humanity.

Last edited by JDR76; 07-10-17 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-10-17, 04:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Here's the full-article, and story of the arrest. I tried copying and pasting the article itself, but the margins got screwed up.

(P.S....I don't believe for a second that he didn't know he had hit the cyclist)

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...deo/462473001/

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-10-17 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: This made my day!