ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Crazy road rage accident. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/860275-crazy-road-rage-accident.html)

Toys4RJill 06-23-17 09:04 PM

The Sentra driver is a dumb crazy idiot. But the biker is a dumber stupid idiot-. Who tries to kick the door a moving car while driving a motorcycle?

LeX2K 06-23-17 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by mmarshall (Post 9905285)
Unless the biker willingly turns himself in (which I doubt will happen, unless his conscience starts bothering him), there's probably no way to identify him, since he got away. The video-resolution isn't good enough to pick up the motorcycle's license-plate.

Cars ahead of the accident may have had dash cams. The biker should have stopped at most he'd get a ticket for reckless driving or some other minor thing. Now if he's caught they'll add fleeing the scene of an accident and who knows what else.

Fizzboy7 06-23-17 10:20 PM

The story unfolded way before the camera rolled. Most likely, the biker tried passing in the carpool lane and the Sentra didn't like it. This happens every five minutes on every major highway. People are startled by bikers coming up quick and making a bunch of noise at the last second. Sentra then retaliated to all that by getting too close to the biker. Biker doesn't like that, then kicks Sentra. Rest is on film. BOTH ARE STUPID. And the biker is the luckiest guy on earth, having kicked a car at freeway speeds, avoid tipping over after getting side-swiped by an auto, completely avoided an out of control car crashing right in front of him, and ran over a debris and liquid field. That guy should be playing the lottery right now.
This happened in my neighborhood and we have all been talking about it. The other lesson here no one is mentioning is what the Escalade driver did.... or did NOT do. He drove right into a major hazard without braking. Very bad move. He could have avoided all this if he looked ahead and saw what was going on. Note the brakelights never went on until the Sentra slammed into him and note how the Kia driver broke and avoided it all. Always need to be paying attention and looking ahead. Also of note here is the high hazard of driving a truck and SUV. Nine times out of ten, they are the ones on their roof after a collision. I will not be owning one, even with today's safety systems. You cannot defy the laws of physics.

SNiiP3R 06-24-17 07:50 PM

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. I blame the biker for starting the mess.

4TehNguyen 06-24-17 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill (Post 9905310)
The Sentra driver is a dumb crazy idiot. But the biker is a dumber stupid idiot-. Who tries to kick the door a moving car while driving a motorcycle?

you kick the doors of cars changing lanes into you. I've known bikers that had to do this to get the attention of other drivers. Better than getting creamed. The filmer said the car crossed the double yellow line and cut off the biker. Driver is claiming the biker pulled a knife on him, which is obviously a lie.

What gave the car the right to swerve into the motorcycle like that? Assault with a deadly weapon.

MattyG 06-24-17 08:31 PM

These sorts of videos are often great click bait. It's surprising how much local reporting now uses this type of "tube" video to report on things that usually are part of the normal nastiness of commuting on busy freeways. But what we don't see here is the many minutes before the actual interaction between the two motorists. Who was being aggressive?

Motorcyclists are notorious for using their vehicles to show the acceleration capabilities of a bike. I've seen it many times. And I've also seen very responsible motorbike riders who are careful and observe speed limits and keep their distance and signal to let you know their intention. In my own local media vehicle I was tailgated by two aggressive riders on a two lane highway and they aggressively cut in front of me to let me know they did not like my company. This shows you how people think.

In this case a motor bike has the same right of way in its own lane as a vehicle. But good judgement tells most and if not all motor bike riders to stay out of blind spots and to avoid hovering around other cars. To escalate and start kicking doors is insane. And then you take off because you have a problem. Maybe you're impaired or you've got a "record". Why did the motor bike driver not stop?

The Sentra driver did not do the right thing and he's paying for it. What about the rider? As far as the big SUV driver... typical. You own the road and you try to run over everything until you have to do an emergency maneuver. Then you find out the limitations of a big truck based SUV.

LeX2K 06-24-17 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen (Post 9906055)
you kick the doors of cars changing lanes into you. I've known bikers that had to do this to get the attention of other drivers.

Anyone attempting this is a complete moron and should not be driving a bike. Kicking a car is not an appropriate way to get a drivers attention come on, plus it is a great way to lose control of the cycle.

mmarshall 06-25-17 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lexus2000 (Post 9906121)
Anyone attempting this is a complete moron and should not be driving a bike. Kicking a car is not an appropriate way to get a drivers attention come on, plus it is a great way to lose control of the cycle.

Agreed. Besides (and mods, I don't mean for this to be vulgar).........that biker gets the Lucky Bastard of the Year Award. He could of (and in many cases, would of) been seriously hurt or killed.

Coleroad 06-25-17 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen (Post 9906055)
you kick the doors of cars changing lanes into you. I've known bikers that had to do this to get the attention of other drivers. Better than getting creamed.

Watch the the video again. The biker didn't even have to put the brakes on when the car cut him off. The biker the increased his speed to get beside the car to kick it. How in Gods green earth was this nesccery? Yes the car driver is an idiot, but the motorcyclist was too. There's tons of idiot drivers who have no idea of the traffic laws, and rules of the road. This has only gone up expediently since the removal of free drivers education from schools.

4TehNguyen 06-25-17 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lexus2000 (Post 9906121)

and what do you do when a car is changing lanes into? yell at them? Play nice when youre about to get creamed? You are not going to lose control of a bike when you kick your leg. Gyroscopically stable much?

Coleroad 06-25-17 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen (Post 9906251)
and what do you do when a car is changing lanes into? yell at them? Play nice when youre about to get creamed? You are not going to lose control of a bike when you kick your leg. Gyroscopically stable much?

he sped up just to get beside him to kick the car. It's not like the car moved into the same space he was occupying. Even then it's called defensive driving, not retaliation driving.

the driver of this shouldn't have driven defensively right, Why place everyone in danger?
Newsflash! Driving isn't a game. I don't care motorcycle or car an accident can kill.

BrickHead 06-25-17 06:57 AM

The biker's kicking is the direct cause of the wreck! And then he fled the scene?! That POS should be prosecuted!! Has someone come forward to identify him? Most bikers I have seen are belligerent trouble makers. They act tough but in reality they are big PUSSIES!

SW17LS 06-25-17 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by BrickHead
The biker's kicking is the direct cause of the wreck! And then he fled the scene?! That POS should be prosecuted!! Has someone come forward to identify him? Most bikers I have seen are belligerent trouble makers. They act tough but in reality they are big PUSSIES!

Yeah, no bias showing through here lol

EZZ 06-25-17 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by BrickHead

The biker should get a reckless riding charge for sure. The Sentra should get an attempted murder charge though. I hope he gets 15 years.

Toys4RJill 06-25-17 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Coleroad (Post 9906257)
he sped up just to get beside him to kick the car. It's not like the car moved into the same space he was occupying. Even then it's called defensive driving, not retaliation driving.

the driver of this shouldn't have driven defensively right, Why place?
Newsflash! Driving isn't a game. I don't care motorcycle or car an accident can kill. https://youtu.be/ckFBGG3YeBc

The car looks led it does up to avoid letting the Ford pick up truck in. No surprise. I don't understand why people can't drive defensively. I will admit, it did take me a while to learn to just stay away from the pack of drivers and just keep to my own