Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My New AMG GT S Finally HOME !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-17, 08:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Yes Henry, the fixed wing is just the right size IMO, and really complements the car. The standard wing that pops up at higher speed doesn't look good at all .
I already got a lot looks, questions and compliments from strangers since I got it, even though I have not driven it much.
yes i didn't pay that much attention, this is first time i pay attention to one with fixed wing and it looks sooooo good!!!!

this car turns heads for sure, and once you get to "hear" it, it turns every single head on the street!!!

i envy you so much!!!! now i want something!

Thanks Chris
Next to each other, the GTS is considerably lighter than the LS.
It also has a wider range of hue under different lights than the LS.
As for the exhaust note, I haven't had the chance to hear it full throttle yet, as I have not broken it in yet, can't wait.
i have heard a few of these, it sounds ridiculously good. very deep and loud roar, very mean!!!!
Old 06-22-17, 05:17 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
People...can't we just say congratulations and move on? If your friend comes over to your house to show you his new car he's obviously enthusiastic about would you say "it's nice but the front is blah blah and the back is wha wha, not what I would have bought".

To Gojirra, Congratulations, she's a beauty!
Thanks Steve I welcome all constructive opinions
Old 06-22-17, 05:19 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Congrats! looks awesome... goes well with the background scenery too lol
Thank you
I see you still have my all time favourite Z model
Old 06-22-17, 05:22 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The AMG GT is so unique. I'm particularly fond of the interior layout of some of the buttons and ***** paying homage to the V8. Well done!

Love the interior so far, but a complaint of mine is the shifter is a little far back, making it a little awkward to use.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 06-22-17 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 05:25 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Stroock639
awesome!! slightly more valuable than my AMG lol and much better handling... post more pics!
Thanks Your 05 E55 is my all time favourite E class generation
Old 06-22-17, 05:27 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Envious!!!!!!

Seriously, one of Benz's best designs in a long time, much better looking than the current SL.

Also love that red/burgandy paint. Pisses me off that people order some truly beautiful exotic metal and paint it in some dull greyscale, black or white color. Its like, can't you have some personality with the color, its a car that costs as much as a house, please order it in a different color than what you get on a 20k Honda Civic.
Thanks. Although I also like this car in white and bright blue, I wanted to go for the more adventurous choices. My top two choices are this red and the solarbeam yellow (a spectacular paint in person, but with a ridiculously high premium). Personally, I think this car looks the best in red, yellow and bright blue.
Old 06-22-17, 05:34 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
yes i didn't pay that much attention, this is first time i pay attention to one with fixed wing and it looks sooooo good!!!!

this car turns heads for sure, and once you get to "hear" it, it turns every single head on the street!!!

i envy you so much!!!! now i want something!
Well, I thought you said a while ago a colleague of yours just got a GT too, so it's not just me that make you envious
I encourage you to get something that you have a passion for, what do you have in mind ?

i have heard a few of these, it sounds ridiculously good. very deep and loud roar, very mean!!!!
I have heard them in full blast in many videos, and it does sound great. Can't wait to hear that fro my own car !!
Old 06-22-17, 05:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kira X
Congrats! The car looks incredible!

I just saw one of these a few days ago by my house and wasn't sure what it was.
Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Very nice!!! Love this car
Originally Posted by plex
Saw one in person at a MB dealership, it's a beautiful machine. I tried to toy with one the other day on highway but he didn't bite
Originally Posted by Individual
Gorgeous! Wow!
Originally Posted by Socal858
Beautiful!
Originally Posted by GSteg
Good lord those brakes are huge.
Originally Posted by Och
Tax the rich!!!
Amazing car, congrats!
Originally Posted by swajames
What a spectacular car. Congrats and enoy!
Originally Posted by RX469
Love EVERYTHING about it!

Beautiful. Elegant. Fast when standing still.

Originally Posted by JDR76
She's beautiful! Congratulations!
Thank you everyone !!!
Old 06-22-17, 05:48 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chromedome
What kind of paint job does it have? It looks astonishing, more like liquid metal than just paint. Gorgeous!
Thanks, I love it
It's an extra cost paint, call Designo Hyacinth Red Metallic. Shows different shades/hue under different lighting conditions, which appeals to me.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 06-22-17 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-22-17, 06:35 PM
L8RSk8R
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Disgusting

....ly beautiful.
Old 06-22-17, 09:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Well, I thought you said a while ago a colleague of yours just got a GT too, so it's not just me that make you envious
I encourage you to get something that you have a passion for, what do you have in mind ?

I have heard them in full blast in many videos, and it does sound great. Can't wait to hear that fro my own car !!
yes and i think he got the same color as yours! but his is not even S and no fixed wing, i think the visual effect is very big. without the wing the rear just doesn't look complete, it seems to "drop" down too fast.

it's always a struggle, i want something nice but then i don't know if i have the time to enjoy. and i think it's a waste if something is just sitting there depreciating. in some way my nsx is different when it is sitting there and appreciating.

cars i like? maybe gt3? i love the gts but given my current mindset it is hard for me to justify the depreciation. lfa is still my dream car but i have to think really hard about spending 300k. the nsx is a great candidate too, a lot of tech but that might also be something i am afraid of

for now, i have to live my fantasy life through you!
Old 06-22-17, 10:54 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks , that's what I thought too .
Just uploaded a couple of interior shots in post #1 .

omg it's red!!!!!! My fav!!!
seriouly, this is only 2 seater car I would consider even now, who cares if it would only fit me and my wife into!!!!
Old 06-23-17, 06:45 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

yes and i think he got the same color as yours! but his is not even S and no fixed wing, i think the visual effect is very big. without the wing the rear just doesn't look complete, it seems to "drop" down too fast.

it's always a struggle, i want something nice but then i don't know if i have the time to enjoy. and i think it's a waste if something is just sitting there depreciating. in some way my nsx is different when it is sitting there and appreciating.

cars i like? maybe gt3? i love the gts but given my current mindset it is hard for me to justify the depreciation. lfa is still my dream car but i have to think really hard about spending 300k. the nsx is a great candidate too, a lot of tech but that might also be something i am afraid of

for now, i have to live my fantasy life through you!
Come on Henry, I know you know a lot of exotic cars owner friends, my GTS is nothing compared to those
​​​​​​Speaking of LFA, according to that thread in the LFA forum, Chicago dealers are asking for about $1million for "new" LFA's ??? What is the market like in California ?

Last edited by Gojirra99; 05-02-21 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-23-17, 06:54 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blacksc400
omg it's red!!!!!! My fav!!!
seriouly, this is only 2 seater car I would consider even now, who cares if it would only fit me and my wife into!!!!
The pepper red/black 2 tone interior is their featured interior in their promotional materials during the car's launch. But I have only seen it in person in only one car before I ordered mine. Dealers seem hesitant to order those for their inventory cars, since they seem to think most buyers are conservative

Last edited by Gojirra99; 06-24-17 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-23-17, 09:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Come on Henry, I know you know a lot of exotic cars owner friends, my GTS is nothing compared to those
​​​​​​Speaking of LFA, according to that thread in the LFA forum, Chicago dealers are asking for about $1million for "new" LFA's ??? What is the market like in California ?
lol people can list whatever they want on the car, what they actually go for represent what the market is.
similarly, you can see a few 1st gen nsx asking for over 100k. do you honestly think they will sell?
someone with too much money and want something super very specific might be willing to pay a lot of money for it, but that isn't the market.
i would say though, prices of lfa is very stable!

now your car, the way i see it, exotics are out of my league (except lfa since it's my dream car) so it's good to look at but not much feeling.

however, "attainable" supercars in my power, they definitely has a lot more emotional effect in me. new nsx, r8, gts, gt3.

AH i hate this thread!

Quick Reply: My New AMG GT S Finally HOME !!!