Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My New Ride ('15 F150)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-17, 05:02 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad it seems the pricing piece is sorted out. Truck looks great, congrats and enjoy it! Your the second person I know that went up to a big pickup for their daily I think your part of a new trend lol.
Old 06-12-17, 10:04 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

The finance girl from the dealership just called and acknowledged the error. She's mailing me the updated paperwork to get it fixed. Sounds like a good company. Way better than the dealer I bought my Fusion from.

And of course, I'll be sure to read it better this time.
Old 06-12-17, 10:10 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Oh, I also have to say that so far, I've had no issues with MyFord Touch(the 2015 F-150's still had Sync 2 with MFT. The 2016's got the all new Sync 3 which got rid of MFT and had no Microsoft involvement).
Old 06-12-17, 10:11 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
The finance girl from the dealership just called and acknowledged the error. She's mailing me the updated paperwork to get it fixed. Sounds like a good company. Way better than the dealer I bought my Fusion from.

And of course, I'll be sure to read it better this time.
Good news! Glad to hear that things worked out for you. A good reminder for everyone.
Old 06-12-17, 11:25 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Thats great, glad it worked out!
Old 06-12-17, 12:00 PM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 476 Likes on 299 Posts

Kudos to the dealer for doing the right thing. We've all seen or experienced cases where dealers don't, so good for them for stepping up and making things right.
And congrats on the truck!
Old 06-14-17, 12:39 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! That red looks great!

​​​​​​​I've only seen a few newer red F150's since the late 90's models. I even work next door to a Ford dealership that mainly sells just trucks and still haven't seen one over there.
Old 06-14-17, 03:07 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Got the new paperwork today and everything was correct this time. It's all signed off and sent back to them.

Went to the bank today and paid off the Fusion. Going to sell it to my sister.
Old 06-14-17, 03:18 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Got the new paperwork today and everything was correct this time. It's all signed off and sent back to them.

Went to the bank today and paid off the Fusion. Going to sell it to my sister.
Congratulations .....a good feeling to get it paid off, isn't it? There's nothing like being out of debt.

You're probably aware of this, but make sure, if it is fully paid off, that the bank gives you the title back.....it's legally yours now.
Old 06-14-17, 03:52 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Oh for sure, I grilled them about the process of receiving it. The Fusion was the first car I ever financed, everything before it was cash.

But i'm not out of the debt woods yet. I took out a loan on this truck. But I do have no other debt, as I graduated school with no student loans and I don't own a home.

My payment on this thing is $470 a month, but I'm going to throw $1500 a month at it and get rid of that debt ASAP.
Old 06-14-17, 09:49 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats on your new bud light truck lol(that's what all me and all my buddies call the new F150).

Seriously though, those new Fords look sharp and feel screwed together a bit better than the GM trucks. Overall long term durability, I'm kind of in a toss up in the Ford vs GM guy, as in the past I think GM trucks are better(especially vs that spark plug spittng 5.4 V8 in the Ford). I'd much rather have the 5.0 V8 in your truck, I know it is down on torque and "uses more gas"(I think that is a myth, the 3.5 ecoboost gives you better gas mileage only if you drive like your granny and keep the revs out of boost). Just the feel, sound of the exhaust is way better with the V8, plus there is a lot less to go wrong with the V8. Turbocharger bearings are kind of a very expensive wear item, intercoolers crack with age, the exhaust manifolds are subjected to much higher heat loads, just a lot more parts to fail on a high mileage turbocharged engine.

Also did you think about a used Raptor??? I'd imagine they hold their value a lot more though.
Old 06-15-17, 07:46 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Used Raptors are still in the 40k+ range, and while the 6.2 is an awesome beast, it does bad on fuel.
Old 07-11-17, 10:49 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Some more pictures from my adventures

And I removed that big old air dam under the bumper. It's supposed to help with MPG but everything I've read says it has little to no effect. So I'm going to try without it now. Sure improves the look though.
Old 07-11-17, 11:00 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Sounds like there was just a mistake. Now you will have a good reason as a repeat customer, and favorable things to say about the dealership. Glad it worked out!
Old 07-14-17, 06:44 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

So i ended up having to call back and rip the title person at the dealership a new bunghole today.

Went in to register the truck and it turned out that the dealership had not remitted the sales tax they collected, and thus I was unable to register the truck without paying all of the sales tax on the spot to the state. I was between a rock and a hard place there, as the 45 day tag will expire in just over a week, and I'll be out of state from tomorrow until then. I ended up paying the 3 grand. Title clerk at the dealership was defensive and it took some yelling to get her to agree to reimburse me for the sales tax they collected.

It makes me wonder if their first mistake with the paperwork was really "accidental".

Quick Reply: My New Ride ('15 F150)