Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Member Question on Selling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-17, 02:09 PM
escorial
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Member Question on Selling?

Hi,
I have noticed the sticky on selling a car, what would a high price be?

I have to be honest the only reason I joined the forum is that a sibling passed and left quite a car in storage, I know its a fine line between selling and asking questions about its value. I'm not a dealer but I'm came across this forum trying to find out more info about these early models. What I do not want to do is CL this as it bad enough for the loss and would hate to have to start dealing with the psycho's on CL. Ebay would be another option but again that is not as protected as it used to be.

Just figured out to start here.

Again ADMIN if I'm out of line step in and guide me ;-) If I'n out of like give me the boot ...

Thanks,
John
Old 06-01-17, 04:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

What exactly is your question? You seem to be talking in more or less vague generalities about its value.

Condolences on the loss in your family, BTW.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-01-17 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-01-17, 04:13 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by escorial
Hi,
I have noticed the sticky on selling a car, what would a high price be?

I have to be honest the only reason I joined the forum is that a sibling passed and left quite a car in storage, I know its a fine line between selling and asking questions about its value. I'm not a dealer but I'm came across this forum trying to find out more info about these early models. What I do not want to do is CL this as it bad enough for the loss and would hate to have to start dealing with the psycho's on CL. Ebay would be another option but again that is not as protected as it used to be.

Just figured out to start here.

Again ADMIN if I'm out of line step in and guide me ;-) If I'n out of like give me the boot ...

Thanks,
John
Condolences , sorry for your loss. The psychos on this forum won't bother you, unless you are trying to bypass the buy&sell forum rules by upping your thread/post count. Have you tried www.autotrader.com?
Old 06-01-17, 04:13 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Go get a quick buy bid from CarMax. that will give you a good baseline on the value of your car.
Old 06-01-17, 05:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
Go get a quick buy bid from CarMax. that will give you a good baseline on the value of your car.
Car Max probably won't pay full-KBB-value (I'll be very surprised if they do)...but yes, it can be a simple, convenient way to deal with an extra, unneeded vehicle with minimum hassle.
Old 06-02-17, 03:45 AM
escorial
Driver School Candidate

What I'm trying to determine is the value, but on the other hand I do not want to get in trouble w/ admin here. Would it be ok to actually say what the car is and ask here? I did look on Ebay and Auto trader but I really did not see a comp as of yet.

Thanks
Old 06-02-17, 05:12 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
I doubt CarMax will have any interest in a '95 SC with 100k miles.
Old 06-02-17, 06:03 AM
escorial
Driver School Candidate

Its a 95 Sc300 Renaissance Red, factory stick,1 original owner always stored in climate climate controlled garage and has 55,626 original miles on it. Body is perfect (zero rust), tires are LN w/ zero dry rot, new battery. Paint is next to perfect as there are a few minor paint chips on the hood that I guess would be normal on this type of car.

Negatives trunk CD player is disconnected (probably not working) and the trunk lid does not stay up on its own. Have the factory window sticker, owners manual, first air kit in the trunk. What is needed is that we have to dust off the interior as the car had been in storage. I did take it out and drove it around the area and it works great down to the ice cold AC. We live in Chicago and the Car is stored at the summer home in Lake Geneva Wi. Since his passing we had to have the title transferred so we could sell it, this will take a few more weeks to come back from the IL DMV.

We are not licensing it for the street as its being sold to help settle the estate. The oil is clean but I would tell any prospective buyer that I would have all fluids changed.

I guessing that the best place to list i would be Ebay and admin i will not post it here as I read the Ebay is also a no no.

My only reason for being here is trying to get a value on this, I have been looking on Ebay and Auto Trader and have really seen no comps as of yet. I did check out NADA but it does not list the manual trans as a option.