Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes-Benz European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-17, 09:39 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Mercedes-Benz European Delivery

Is this not The Best, or Nothing?

Never knew this existed. So cool.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/europ...livery_program
Old 08-20-17, 09:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Several European manufacturers have had Euro-delivery/vacation programs for years. You can pick up your new car at the factory, drive around and see the sights (many new owners like the see the Alps), stay at some nice places, and, when it's over, have your car shipped back to the U.S. or Canada.
Old 08-20-17, 10:03 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I know we buy cars to enjoy, but I dont know if I would be able to drive my new car around an unknown city, let alone country. I would just be too paranoid. However, I'd love to make it to the museum one of these days. Plus, the 7.5% discount isn't nearly as good as what you can get here!
Old 08-21-17, 12:43 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I'd be more interested in such a program if they allowed Euro options to be tacked on to US orders. At least with colors not available here.
Old 08-21-17, 06:36 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BMW used to give such a good discount on ED, that folks were actually flipping the M3/4's after purchase. They would keep them for a few months and then sell them for about as much as they paid. Then BMW cut the discount some to get it more in line with the competition.

Seems like a really cool thing to experience. Some of the stories posted are awesome. Great sights/scenery and an incredible way to introduce yourself to your new vehicle. Of course, some folks were actually able to take em to the 'Ring as part of the trip. We'll def do it if we decide on a 991, next year.
Old 08-21-17, 06:37 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
I know we buy cars to enjoy, but I dont know if I would be able to drive my new car around an unknown city, let alone country. I would just be too paranoid. However, I'd love to make it to the museum one of these days. Plus, the 7.5% discount isn't nearly as good as what you can get here!
you can still negotiate more discount in addition to the ED. That's why it was so popular with the BMW folks...
Old 08-22-17, 09:27 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lexus should do something like this. I'd love to take a trip to Japan.
Old 08-22-17, 11:24 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

My parents looked into it a long time ago when they bought a new Benz, but decided against it given the traffic issues and not knowing all the driving issues there.
Old 08-22-17, 12:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
My parents looked into it a long time ago when they bought a new Benz, but decided against it given the traffic issues and not knowing all the driving issues there.

Welcome back.....haven't seen you post here much lately.
Old 08-22-17, 03:06 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
I had thought about this some years ago but never seriously. It was a good idea though: Pick up a new car at the factory, drive around touring Western Europe for a while, drop the car off at one of the shipment centres and return home to wait for the car.

The questions about traffic issues would keep me from wanting to do a Japanese delivery. I just came back from Tokyo and the roads were absolutely clogged. Tour guides said that because it is summer, everyone is on the roads and highways going on summer vacation, and as a result, traffic jams and accidents have greatly increased.
Old 08-22-17, 04:20 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

While certainly not European delivery, BMW offers their Performance Center Delivery Program at their Spartanburg, SC plant. It can be used for any of the CUV's and SUV's assembled there. The program includes airport pickup, hotel accommodations dinner & breakfast and transportation to the Performance Center for delivery of your car. There is also track time with a model similar to what is being delivered.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery

Last edited by LexBob2; 08-22-17 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-22-17, 05:28 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexBob2
While certainly not European delivery, BMW offers their Performance Center Delivery Program at their Spartanburg, SC plant. It can be used for any of the CUV's and SUV's assembled there. The program includes airport pickup, hotel accommodations dinner & breakfast and transportation to the Performance Center for delivery of your car. There is also track time with a model similar to what is being delivered.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery
You can actually do both. The PCD is a free service and pretty frickin awesome. And you can have any car delivers there. From the X models to the M's. You actually get the car you ordered delivered there.

Whatever model you get....they will have a demo car there for you to use in any of their 'track' events. They pick you up from the airport in a 7 series, put you up in a decent hotel, feed you breakfast and lunch, take you track demonstrations (letting you drive, as well), put your car in its own glass room and then take a few hours to explain all of the features of your new car. They end it with a tour of the plant.

Its an all day event but I would highly recommend it. A great way to start your BMW ownership.
Old 08-22-17, 08:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
Lexus should do something like this. I'd love to take a trip to Japan.
hard to happen when the steering wheel is on the other side of the car in japan
Old 08-22-17, 08:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
You can actually do both. The PCD is a free service and pretty frickin awesome. And you can have any car delivers there. From the X models to the M's. You actually get the car you ordered delivered there.

Whatever model you get....they will have a demo car there for you to use in any of their 'track' events. They pick you up from the airport in a 7 series, put you up in a decent hotel, feed you breakfast and lunch, take you track demonstrations (letting you drive, as well), put your car in its own glass room and then take a few hours to explain all of the features of your new car. They end it with a tour of the plant.

Its an all day event but I would highly recommend it. A great way to start your BMW ownership.
this is correct. i have known a few guys who did bmw ED and then PCD here in the US before sending the car to their local dealership, super awesome.

i really hope some time in the future i can do ED once either on bmw or mb. you are right, people were flipping m cars that way and now it's tightened up
Old 08-23-17, 12:01 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Imagine the Yugo tour! Awesomeness....

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz European Delivery