Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q60 Red Sport vs RX Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-17, 02:26 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Infiniti Q60 Red Sport vs RX Sport

Desperately needs the car by next week end since my 14 GS lease ended.
I have always been with Lexus but nothing on the line up really excites me. I like RC but unconformable for me to sit on.
Any feedback on Infiniti Q60 red sport? I read the previous thread and agreed with dated interior.
I know new RX Sport will be comfortable and get the job done for me as I have owned before.
This comes down to either 400 hp coupe or just cruiser. I know its so opposite but cant really make the decision.
Also, I have never owned the coupe before so any feedback will be appreciated from previous coupe owners.
Old 03-25-17, 02:32 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Any recommendation on vehicles from 50-60k range will be appreciated as well..
Old 03-25-17, 03:28 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting dilemma. They are two completely different vehicles.

How important is practicality? Do you have another car that can comfortably suit more people and haul larger items around?

I haven't driven the Q60 but it sure as hell looks sweet and will draw stares. I personally don't have an issue with the interior, as it is at least average for its class; not below average like prior Infiniti G sedans/coupes. The material and build quality is fine and it feels luxurious enough in my opinion. The interior really shines with the red or white color theme. Personally I'd go with the Q60...

You sound like you're pretty set on one of these two so I don't think a 4-series or C-class coupe would be on your radar, especially given how you need a new car in a week's time. Plus similarly-priced variants of those will come w/ gutless engines.
Old 03-25-17, 03:34 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

No comparison. Get the 400hp rocket!
Old 03-25-17, 03:52 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMS407
Desperately needs the car by next week end since my 14 GS lease ended.
I have always been with Lexus but nothing on the line up really excites me. I like RC but unconformable for me to sit on.
Any feedback on Infiniti Q60 red sport? I read the previous thread and agreed with dated interior.
I know new RX Sport will be comfortable and get the job done for me as I have owned before.
This comes down to either 400 hp coupe or just cruiser. I know its so opposite but cant really make the decision.
Also, I have never owned the coupe before so any feedback will be appreciated from previous coupe owners.
Try sitting in the RC F. It has 467 hp. The racing seats hug your bottom. 2016 can be picked up new for 57-59K with msrp of 73k. There are even some 2015 new in the states with under 50 miles
Old 03-25-17, 04:11 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand your pain brother. Back in '05 we had the same dilemma, brand new RX400h or '02 Silverstone Metallic NSX for the exact same price.
Old 03-25-17, 04:12 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm normally not a Nissan guy, but I love the new Q60 coupe. Drop dead goregous, I'd buy one over the Lexus RC, which I think looks way too busy and is trying too hard.

As for the Q60 vs the RX, how satisfied were you with the room in your current GS and how often did you use the back seat? The trunk in the Q60 is smaller and obviously this isn't the car for you if you regularly have more than 1 person with you. Doors are long in a coupe as well, but I've sat in the Q60 and its just as easy to get in and out of as any other car, provided nobody parks right on top of you. I'm not much of an SUV/crossover guy, so I'd buy the 400hp rocket over the RX.

Also Infiniti sells the 400hp twin turbo V6 in the Q50 sedan if you do want something a bit more practical, but it doesn't look nearly as special as the coupe IMO. I'd also avoid the optional drive by wire steering option on the Infiniti, I drove one a couple years back and it was AWFUL. I've heard its been improved, but I'd still just stick with the conventional steering rack that comes standard.

Last edited by Aron9000; 03-25-17 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-26-17, 12:09 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Thanks for the quick replies.
Well, I am single with no kids so backseat and the room isn't the issue. I can always borrow someone's SUV...

Again, my biggest issue with Infiniti is their dated dashboard. Compare to new Lexus dashboard, its..
If it wasn't for their interior, I would have gone with the car already.
I have test drove RC-F but it was just uncomfortable for some reason. And, I am not a heavy person.
I feel like RX will be practical choice but Q60 will fun to drive with dated dashboard that I have to look at it each day..
Old 03-26-17, 01:08 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Test drive an alfa romeo giulia quadrifoglio
Old 03-26-17, 02:41 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

i don't see new q60 interior as particularly dated, there's some really nice touches and details. the nav works really well too.
comparing it to an rx sport is hard, but since you're single, q60 no question.
Old 03-26-17, 04:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMS407
Any recommendation on vehicles from 50-60k range will be appreciated as well..
If it's a coupe you want in that price range, have you checked out an Audi A5? I have long felt that it is one of the most beautiful coupes in the American market. Starts in the mid-40s......and S5s in the mid-50s, if you want more power and can spend more (and maybe have a little firmer ride).

Audis used to be unreliable and expensive to repair if not warranty-covered. But newer ones have become much more reliable lately, and, since you lease (which probably won't be more than 2-3 years), that won't be a problem.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-a5-coupe

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-26-17 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-26-17, 05:51 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The all-new 2018 S5s are just now reaching dealers. Although the one's I've seen so far have stickered for roughly $65K.

Q60 Red Sport is a beast and I agree with you the interior and infotainment leave a bit to be desired, but I don't think it'd be a deal breaker, especially if just for a few years through a lease. Infiniti's lease deals are pretty attractive. Even the Q60 Silver Sport with the 300 HP would be pretty strong overall, definitely more punch low and mid range than the GS350 you're coming out of.
Old 03-27-17, 11:30 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
The all-new 2018 S5s are just now reaching dealers. Although the one's I've seen so far have stickered for roughly $65K.

Q60 Red Sport is a beast and I agree with you the interior and infotainment leave a bit to be desired, but I don't think it'd be a deal breaker, especially if just for a few years through a lease. Infiniti's lease deals are pretty attractive. Even the Q60 Silver Sport with the 300 HP would be pretty strong overall, definitely more punch low and mid range than the GS350 you're coming out of.
You should drive the base 300 hp 3 liter turbo before you decide on the Red Sport. It is still plenty quick and doesn't overpower the tires like the Red Sport does. It is also quite a bit cheaper. "Alex on Autos", my go-to reviewer has a test on the Red Sport. The AWD is faster than the RWD because of the traction issues, but he thought the RWD was more fun since you can hang out the rear almost anytime.
Steve
Old 03-27-17, 11:36 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Have you considered a BMW M2?
Old 03-27-17, 11:54 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Get the red Sport. That 400hp ttv6 is a blast to drive, it'll put a smile on your face every day. See if you can axe the runflats and get normal tires though. I know the Q50 shipped with bad runflats with poor ride quality and frequent flats.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport vs RX Sport