Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Portable jumper/starter

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-17, 06:28 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

This is what i bought and used about 6 times since I used it and still holds a charge above 75%. Has a flashlight. Voltage meters. And powerbank for your electronic devices. Save me many times and helpd start my other family members cars and a stranded stranger on one occasion. I highly recromend this.

VicTsing Jump Starter, 600A Peak 13600mAh Car Battery Jump Starter Portable Power Bank, Auto Battery Booster with Dual USB Charging Port, Flashlight

Old 02-22-17, 09:22 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default I'm a believer because I own one and used it twice!

I have
this one this one
bought from Amazon and successfully used it twice to jump start 2 others than myself. (Very grateful for that)

After having a baby I thought to get myself defensive by having one of these available & ready to be as self sufficient as possible.

My first jump was a coworker's BMW X3 and the looks of impressed became the water cooler topic That was nice.

The second jump was at a gas station - It was a really cold night and I dreaded when a guy came over to ask me to jump him. I really did not want to put any load on my battery but with a good heart I could not leave someone stranded as I would like help if the situation were reversed, especially given I'm a daddy now (Karma), I popped my hood and as I stepped out I realized, "Wait a minute Batman, I have a jumper in my tools/supply bag!" I got it out and set it up and at first my wife was like, "Can you not get too fancy and hurry up so we can go home" but it took less time to connect the cables and place them on the correct terminals and told the guy to start it up. With one try, his engine turned over and he's back in business. I told him, try to reduce the load on his battery and if he could do without the heater (it was a blistering cold night though) and radio etc., do so, until his battery fully recharges. He asked me what it is I used as he's shocked as heck. I took his number and text him the info. My wife gave me a high-5 as she too were impressed. Most people cannot fathom that a small battery can start a car and I'm a believer only because I have it and used it twice.

To be honest, even I am impressed by this technology of starting a car without needing another host vehicle.
Old 02-26-17, 10:37 AM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

this is the I bought, it was the original and won sema awards in 2013,
Amazon Amazon

most of them out now copies of this from wherever and some had issues/failures with the copycats. dont know if better out now...but the xp-1 has worked everytime on phones, laptops, atv, car, truck....

I bought it when my old 06 is 250 died on my wife in a parking lot. had friend jump start and it failed, was an interstate battery store in the strip mall and they tried to jump with their rolling charging cart. failed. the guy pulled out this xp1 and bingo instant start. took the car to sears where battery was bought less than 1 year old and they gave me a new batter cause that one was dead/dead.

just my 2 cents.