Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This Canadian Road Rage Incident Is Borderline Ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-16, 12:29 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
Default This Canadian Road Rage Incident Is Borderline Ridiculous

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/12/thi...cident-is.html

Pretty silly road rage video. The guy on the bike was wrong in my opinion. The reaction from the driver in the car was funny. Start it at 2:40 I thought for a minute the guy on the bike might be dressed up as Deadpool.

Would someone be able to imbed this video in the thread for me? Can't seem to do it.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 12-07-16 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-07-16, 12:37 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Old 12-07-16, 02:10 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not enough police enforcement against all the tickle brained drivers that can't seem to get off their effing phones. It is a 5 point violation nowadays in NYC, but pull up to a light and 4 out 5 drivers are messing with their phones.
Old 12-07-16, 02:40 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Is it illegal to text while stopped at a stop light? I know it's not legal to text and drive, but not sure what NYC's position is on even accessing your phone while in the car. Out here in CA, you can speak on cell while in the car as long as it's with a headset, and you cannot text while under way, but not sure about while stopped.
You can use your phone only when parked with transmission in park. During driving, even when stopped, you can talk on the phone using handsfree devices.

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
I
As to the video... the guy on bike is meddling (he's looking for an altercation so he has "content" for his youtube page, sad) and driver should have just ignored him and kept driving.
The biker guy rightfully told that fat pluckstain to get off his phone, and instead the idiot started cursing and talking back. Must be a miserable life for him driving that ugly car.
Old 12-07-16, 04:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Although local laws vary on the issue, I agree that one needs to get off the phone while the vehicle is moving. But it is unlikely that anybody chatting on a phone while the car is stopped is going to cause an accident or get one hurt. The guy on the bike may have meant well, but IMO what he actually did was wrong. Rather than jump on the guy in the Hyundai immediately, he should have at least waited to see if he would keep yakking after he started up.
Old 12-07-16, 04:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
The biker guy rightfully told that fat pluckstain to get off his phone, and instead the idiot started cursing and talking back.
Isn't that what many drivers usually do when you try to point out something they are doing that is wrong or questionable? Like it or not, we live in an age where people often act like animals.

Must be a miserable life for him driving that ugly car.
I've reviewed that-generation Accent (or what appears to be an Accent). It's not a bad car by econobox standards, though you know you are not riding in a luxury car.
Old 12-07-16, 05:07 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Although local laws vary on the issue, I agree that one needs to get off the phone while the vehicle is moving. But it is unlikely that anybody chatting on a phone while the car is stopped is going to cause an accident or get one hurt. The guy on the bike may have meant well, but IMO what he actually did was wrong. Rather than jump on the guy in the Hyundai immediately, he should have at least waited to see if he would keep yakking after he started up.
These idiots at the very least delay traffic. If you watch the video closely, the cars in front of the Hyundai have already started moving and he was still on his phone. There were many car lengths in front of this moron when he finally put his phone down and started moving. In busy cities traffic was already a big problem and its only getting worse and worse with all the idiots attending to their smartphones instead of concentrating on the road.
Old 12-07-16, 05:09 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Isn't that what many drivers usually do when you try to point out something they are doing that is wrong or questionable? Like it or not, we live in an age where people often act like animals.
Unfortunately its true, especially when people get behind the wheel. Even the most civil people seem to have a few screws loose when they are driving.
Old 12-07-16, 05:22 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I guess I'm just an old school mind your own business kind of guy.. don't really care what others do while they drive, I am not a LEO and I am not going to get in someone's face because they are a dip*****.
Old 12-07-16, 05:26 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I hate drivers who text while driving but this biker is a moron, you are not the police, why pull off the road to confront the guy. In this days and age you gotta be stupid to do that, in Miami, you're risking getting shot.
Old 12-07-16, 06:59 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Meh

This is just an argument that escalated into a street side conversation with a lot of locker room language. A real road rage incident is when an ex-NFLer like Joe McKnight gets shot because of something that got completely out of hand while driving. I see texting drivers all the time on the road. Where is the violent criminal behavior in the video?
Old 12-07-16, 07:19 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE46
I hate drivers who text while driving but this biker is a moron, you are not the police, why pull off the road to confront the guy. In this days and age you gotta be stupid to do that, in Miami, you're risking getting shot.
Totally agree. I'm fine that the guy on the motorcycle called him out for being on the phone because I hate that, but he should have left it at that.

Also, the guy on the motorcycle is a douche because he seems to think everyone cares about his Youtube'd drive to work and his complaints that it is cold outside. He actually does have a sad, lonely life and so do those who watch his videos. If he is reviewing bikes, that's one thing. Broadcasting his drive to work, ridiculous and self indulgent.
Old 12-07-16, 07:44 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EXE46
yeah but no one has guns in Canadia
Old 12-07-16, 07:46 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
yeah but no one has guns in Canadia
And you should be very thankful for that.
Old 12-07-16, 07:48 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
And you should be very thankful for that.
why should I be thankful. I don't live in Canada..

Quick Reply: This Canadian Road Rage Incident Is Borderline Ridiculous