Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Diminished Value & Loss of Use Claims

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-16, 07:20 AM
getdv4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diminished Value & Loss of Use Claims

Greetings All!

My name is Brett Findler, Esq. and I am so happy to be a new member of this group!

As you can tell from my username getdv4me, I am an advocate for all automobile owners who have had their precious luxury vehicle damaged as a result of someone else's negligence!

Obviously, I am referring to diminished value and loss of use recovery. Unfortunately, insurance companies Will do everything they can to deny these types of claims.

I will be posting different pieces of information to all members so that they can understand their rights and the law.

Last edited by getdv4me; 04-22-16 at 08:24 AM. Reason: remove website
Old 04-22-16, 08:02 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, basically the website is an ad for a law firm specializing in getting diminished value claims honored?
Old 04-22-16, 12:15 PM
DIMINISHED
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diminished Value & Loss of Use Claims

Originally Posted by getdv4me
Greetings All!

I am an advocate for all automobile owners who have had their precious luxury vehicle damaged as a result of someone else's negligence!
I see no problem with someone trying to promote their business but to call yourself an "advocate" is simply misleading. Advocates work for causes they believe in and for very little money, if any. Just say that you are a lawyer. Straightforward honesty works best, Mr. Findler.
Old 04-22-16, 01:31 PM
getdv4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to respond to Mr. Diminished. First off, my introduction to the group clearly indicated that I am an attorney by use of the moniker ESQ. following my name.

Secondly, I would ask you to look up the definition of advocate as I believe you clearl have a misunderstanding of its meaning.

Finally, just because you are associated with a Diminished Value Comoany, you are clearly entitled to be a part of this forum as am I.

Way too much negativity .
Old 04-22-16, 01:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Fine with you sharing information and discussing DV with our members, but do not promote or advertise your business in any fashion without first signing up to be an approved Club Lexus vendor.

This was explained in the rules you agreed to follow when you joined Club Lexus (which you violated with posting the initial links and the advertising link in your profile which I'm removing). Here's a reminder of those rules

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...aq_advertising
Sales, Solicitation and Advertising
Except for Club Lexus authorized vendors, vendor sales and advertising of any kind are strictly prohibited in any posting area of Club Lexus forums. This restriction applies to sales via private message (PM), advertising links and emails in signatures and links to sales on other forums. This restriction applies to vendors offering services as well as any products. Using Club Lexus membership for product development research is also prohibited without approval of the administrator. Vendors interested in advertising on Club Lexus should contact Internet Brands using the contact form and phone number which can be found by clicking this link

All non-approved advertising threads will be deleted, moved or closed. Members who are vendors or acting on behalf of vendors who ignore these rules will also have their private messaging and / or forum access limited, or their account suspended permanently.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Non-CL-authorized vendors who persist in promotion or advertising on our forums after being requested to desist by a Club Lexus moderator or administrator agree to promptly pay a fee equivalent to no less than the 12 month “gold” Club Lexus sponsor program. By clicking on the checkbox ‘I have read, and agree to abide by the Club Lexus Forums rules’ to join Club Lexus you have formally agreed to pay this fee under this circumstance. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in a court of law in a state selected by Club Lexus. Remitting the vendor fee does not automatically grant you forum sponsorship or the right to advertise; your company application will be considered based on a number of factors including reputation, time in market, brick & mortar or web presence, interest to Club Lexus members and other factors. Your fee will not be returned if you are not approved.

Vendor rules are in place for two reasons. First, these rules protect our forum members from fly-by-night vendors, rip-off artists, etc who join forums simply to post, take your money and disappear into the night. Second, approved vendors help support Club Lexus financially and they are the primary reason Club Lexus is able to stay up and running. It is fair that only they have limited access to Club Lexus’ over 275,000 members
also signatures and profiles https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_signatures

I'm removing the advertising URL from your profile; do not replace it until you've signed up to be a vendor here.

Originally Posted by DIMINISHED
I see no problem with someone trying to promote their business but to call yourself an "advocate" is simply misleading. Advocates work for causes they believe in and for very little money, if any. Just say that you are a lawyer. Straightforward honesty works best, Mr. Findler.
I have a problem with it - you agreed to follow our rules as well Diminished, and have the same issue with your profile and some of your posts (removed).

Both of you ... you want to promote your business here on CL, you need to sign up to be a vendor first. There is no grey area and no further warnings. http://www.internetbrandsauto.com/contact

Since there is no substantive information posted, I'm closing this thread. If you want to start another discussion about DV, sharing information or joining into the Lexus discussions as an individual, that's absolutely fine. If you're here to slip your company URL into that discussion or solicit in any fashion (including via PM), we're going to ban you and censor your company URL. Follow the rules you agreed to when you joined.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-22-16 at 02:04 PM.