Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura to unveil subcompact CDX SUV at the Beijing Auto Show.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-16, 04:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Acura to unveil subcompact CDX SUV at the Beijing Auto Show.

Acura will unveil the Fit-based CDX subcompact SUV at the Beijing Auto Show. It will be the first Acura-brand vehicle to be manufactured in China, based on the less-expensive Honda HR-V.

Acura is targeting the Audi Q3, BMW X1, Lincoln MKC and Mercedes-Benz GLA....but those are all compact-sized upscale SUVS that are essentially one size larger than the subcompact-sized CDX. I have reservations that it will actually compete with those vehicles....its true competitor will more likely be the subcompact, Sonic-based Buick Encore. I'll reserve final judgement, of course, for a review or test-drive, which I plan to do (though probably not a full-review), as my brother was very interested in the Honda HR-V version and came very close to buying one before settling on a larger Kia Sportage.

(That's a nice color, BTW......hope it makes it into production)

Acura SUV-X Concept

http://paultan.org/2016/04/07/acura-...ut-in-beijing/

Last edited by Hoovey689; 04-11-16 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 04-10-16, 04:42 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,697 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Way too many bulges and creases, ugh. The front looks like a cartoon.
Old 04-10-16, 06:09 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Acura will unveil the Fit-based CDX subcompact SUV at the Beijing Auto Show. It will be the first Acura-brand vehicle to be manufactured in China, based on the less-expensive Honda HR-V.

Acura is targeting the Audi Q3, BMW X1, Lincoln MKC and Mercedes-Benz GLA....but those are all compact-sized upscale SUVS that are essentially one size larger than the subcompact-sized CDX. I have reservations that it will actually compete with those vehicles....its true competitor will more likely be the subcompact, Sonic-based Buick Encore. I'll reserve final judgement, of course, for a review or test-drive, which I plan to do (though probably not a full-review), as my brother was very interested in the Honda HR-V version and came very close to buying one before settling on a larger Kia Sportage.
Two things.

1. Nowhere does it say Acura is targeting the Q3, X1, MKC, and GLA in either article. You hit the nail head by saying Buick Encore. I'd edit your post and NOT mention them so people don't get the wrong impression that you are trying to compare those larger CUVs.

2. And don't take this disrespectfully, did you read the 2nd link you posted? The grammar alone should be a warning sign. Also, a V6 In the CDX..?? not likely given the HR-V utilizes a 1.5L I4.

2017 Acura CDX which is very luxury and latest design model. It is a mid size SUV which designed with lot of innovations and upgrade model. It have latest powerful engine. It looks very beautiful and attractive as compare of previous model. This model will come in market at the end of 2016.

2017 Acura CDX has become improved with overall performance augmentation engine in each and every perception and method. It has been coupled with the 3.5-liter V6 engine that provides 267 lb ft of torque and 290 hp. The engine is with 6 velocity automatic front wheel generate. Almost certainly all wheels generate variation of 2017 Acura CDX can also be supplied. The predicted EPA fuel overall economy offered by this auto is practically 18 miles per gallon in the town, 27 miles per gallon on the highway and 21 miles per gallon as combined.

http://svu2017.com/2017-acura-cdx/
Old 04-10-16, 06:16 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

A rather nice looking CUV.
Old 04-10-16, 06:28 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

That is a pic of the RLX interior. Not the new unit coming.
Old 04-10-16, 06:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Two things.

1. Nowhere does it say Acura is targeting the Q3, X1, MKC, and GLA in either article. You hit the nail head by saying Buick Encore. I'd edit your post and NOT mention them so people don't get the wrong impression that you are trying to compare those larger CUVs.

Here'a a link to that specific claim, though it is admittedly from a old article:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...shanghai-video

Given the SUV-X’s size, any production version would compete nicely with the aforementioned rivals as well as the upcoming Lincoln MKC, Mercedes-Benz GLA Class and the rumored Lexus NX.
I myself don't see a specific need to edit, but I'll respect your view on that as a moderator. if you want to remove that reference, it's up to you.

2. And don't take this disrespectfully, did you read the 2nd link you posted? The grammar alone should be a warning sign. Also, a V6 In the CDX..?? not likely given the HR-V utilizes a 1.5L I4.
I'll agree the V6 claim is questionable...based on its Honda HR-V source, I don't think that engine compartment is large enough for a V6. We'll just wait and see what the final production version has. Its most likely competitor (the Buick Encore) uses a 1.4L turbo four....but, IMO, according to some reviewers (and my own findings when I reviewed one), that engine is underpowered in a vehicle of this class.
Old 04-10-16, 06:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
That is a pic of the RLX interior. Not the new unit coming.
That shot came from one of the links I posted, showing what is (supposedly) the CDX interior, but I agree.....it actually looks to me more like that of the RDX. Perhaps not surprising, as early links for all-new vehicles often have inaccurate interior shots. Wouldn't be the first time.

Hoovey2411.....if you want, you can delete that one, too....up to you.
Old 04-10-16, 07:08 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Acura and Honda still haven't dumped that ridiculous dual screen layout. Either have a large single screen or use manual controls for the bottom module.
Old 04-11-16, 12:19 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Here'a a link to that specific claim, though it is admittedly from a old article:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...shanghai-video

I myself don't see a specific need to edit, but I'll respect your view on that as a moderator. if you want to remove that reference, it's up to you.
No worries, I'll add the new link

I'll agree the V6 claim is questionable...based on its Honda HR-V source, I don't think that engine compartment is large enough for a V6. We'll just wait and see what the final production version has. Its most likely competitor (the Buick Encore) uses a 1.4L turbo four....but, IMO, according to some reviewers (and my own findings when I reviewed one), that engine is underpowered in a vehicle of this class.
Agreed the Encore could use a little more pep in it's step
Old 04-29-16, 06:18 AM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

This may seem strange, but the refreshed 3.5IS F Sport is growing on me cosmetically, while the interior 10" display & new climate control & hi fi surround, plus enter button & neater steering wheel control makes so much more sense, I suspect my wife must trade her 3IS250 F Sport in for a 3.5IS350 F Sport this time...
Old 04-29-16, 07:16 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the actual vehicle is slightly less impressive. Acura is starting a whole new "beak" issue.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...-auto-show/#/5
Attached Thumbnails Acura to unveil subcompact CDX SUV at the Beijing Auto Show.-beijing-acura-cdx-1-970x647-c.jpg   Acura to unveil subcompact CDX SUV at the Beijing Auto Show.-beijing-acura-cdx-5-970x647-c.jpg  
Old 04-29-16, 09:18 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Meh, it's a gussied-up Honda CR-V.

Pointless.
Old 04-29-16, 09:51 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef

Pointless.
The RDX is a gussied up CR-V (admittedly, with a V6). Isn't the CDX a gussied up HR-V? Throws people off, I guess, mixing up where they use the "C" in the name?
Old 04-29-16, 12:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by islandbeef

Pointless.
No, it's a gussied-up Honda HR-V. The CR-V is one size larger.
Old 04-29-16, 02:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by peteharvey
This may seem strange, but the refreshed 3.5IS F Sport is growing on me cosmetically, while the interior 10" display & new climate control & hi fi surround, plus enter button & neater steering wheel control makes so much more sense, I suspect my wife must trade her 3IS250 F Sport in for a 3.5IS350 F Sport this time...
what's strange to me is why your post is in this thread.

Quick Reply: Acura to unveil subcompact CDX SUV at the Beijing Auto Show.