Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Guy Crashes Mustang Leaving Auto Show, Perpetuates Mustang Owner Stereotypes

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-16, 01:41 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

^^^
i prefer just not to get a mustang
Old 02-15-18, 05:47 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Facebook Post
Old 02-15-18, 05:48 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Old 02-15-18, 06:02 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

^^^ more money than brains
Old 02-15-18, 06:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
^^^ more money than brains
There's an old saying that one idiot attracts another. Part of the reason WHY some kids try and show off is that they get an audience for it. Even at that age, the last thing in the world I wanted to look at was some moron (and my high school had its share of them) abusing or tearing up his car (I say his because, while females were not totally exempt from dumb things behind the wheel, it was usually males).

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-15-18 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-15-18, 11:26 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Wish we had a video of the Mustang pileup as it happened, that's pretty damn epic lol.

Now to get more philosophical, a chicken or the egg type of thing. Does driving a Mustang make you retarded and reckless? Or is just people who drive a Mustang are retarded and reckless to start with? IMO I think its the latter, idiots gravitate towards that car, just as all the idiots gravitated towards compact Hondas back in the 2000's. Thing is a Mustang will bite you in the *** if you don't know how to drive, a 120hp FWD Civic, well that's takes a lot more "talent" to majorly **** up in one of those lol.

Still pisses me off though, all the retards wrecked or ragged out all the cool Hondas of my youth, you can still find nice 90's Camaros/Mustangs if you look hard.
Old 02-16-18, 06:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Now to get more philosophical, a chicken or the egg type of thing. Does driving a Mustang make you retarded and reckless? Or is just people who drive a Mustang are retarded and reckless to start with? IMO I think its the latter, idiots gravitate towards that car, just as all the idiots gravitated towards compact Hondas back in the 2000's. Thing is a Mustang will bite you in the *** if you don't know how to drive, a 120hp FWD Civic, well that's takes a lot more "talent" to majorly **** up in one of those lol.
There's truth on both sides. Yes, over the years, I've probably seen more kids and young adults hurt or killed in Mustangs (particularly SVT/GT/Cobra versions wth the V8s) than probably any other single car. And something about the car does seem to encourage aggressive driving, particularly with young males. But, even with high-powered Mustangs, there are some careful, considerate drivers....they are not all a bunch of idiots. And the lower-powered Mustangs, many of which are owned and driven by females (or males who can't afford a GT or get insurance for it), don't seem to be driven much, if any, more aggressively than the average car. And, if you have not sampled a new Mustang with the recent substitution of the EcoBoost turbo-4 for the former V6, I recommend you give it a try (responsibly, of course). I did a review of one when it first came out. It's not the equal of the GT or Shelby, of course, but will definitely get out of its own way

https://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/mo...oost-fastback/

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-16-18 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-16-18, 10:14 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

i'm glad someone revived my old thread haha

to answer both of you, why else would someone get a V8 solid rear axle mustang unless they are immature and plan to do immature things with it? it's not like it's a good car... you pretty much buy it for one reason

i'm equally immature but chose to keep it concealed until the last moment, that's why i got an E55 you'd have no idea what that car is capable of unless you know what it is, yet it's still classy and subdued enough to be appropriate for just about any occasion. the same can't be said for a mustang
Old 02-17-18, 05:45 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stroock639

to answer both of you, why else would someone get a V8 solid rear axle mustang unless they are immature and plan to do immature things with it? it's not like it's a good car... you pretty much buy it for one reason

i'm equally immature but chose to keep it concealed until the last moment, that's why i got an E55 you'd have no idea what that car is capable of unless you know what it is, yet it's still classy and subdued enough to be appropriate for just about any occasion. the same can't be said for a mustang
For less than $20k those are solid pick ups. Have you had to spend any money to fix it and keep it on the road?
Old 02-17-18, 01:00 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Diesel350

For less than $20k those are solid pick ups. Have you had to spend any money to fix it and keep it on the road?
on the E55 hell yea lol, but I got it for $11,300 and have put maybe $3-4k into it. rear shock, intercooler pump (really not to bad), alternator went, and somehow a rear subframe bolt sheared off. oh and tires all around. the bearing on the double idler pulley that supports the accessory and supercharger belts was bad but that I fixed myself with relative ease. there's not a whole lot of room to maneuver in the engine compartment so that is always a bit of a challenge when you gotta do something like that.

i absolutely don't need the car lol but it's SO awesome I just couldn't pass up the opportunity, knowing that I won't really lose much in depreciation. I think this will be a future classic the supercharged E55, it just has a craziness not found too much anymore with mpg restrictions and all, and I just love the styling from that era of Mercedes. cars now all just seem too bloated, but I think they got it just right back then.
Old 02-17-18, 10:55 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Dude the E55 AMG is a classic. Its still brutally fast today. I remember reading reviews about that car back in 2004 or so, saying that it was just as fast as a 405hp C5 Corvette Z06 lol.

Really though, the supercharger is my favorite part of this car, gives it stupid low end torque with ZERO lag and makes all kinds of cool noises. Plus unless you really squint hard, it just looks like some old retired fuddy-duddy in the last new Mercedes he will ever buy.
Old 02-18-18, 02:25 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Dude the E55 AMG is a classic. Its still brutally fast today. I remember reading reviews about that car back in 2004 or so, saying that it was just as fast as a 405hp C5 Corvette Z06 lol.

Really though, the supercharger is my favorite part of this car, gives it stupid low end torque with ZERO lag and makes all kinds of cool noises. Plus unless you really squint hard, it just looks like some old retired fuddy-duddy in the last new Mercedes he will ever buy.
oh it's really something else, and don't forget by just changing the supercharger pulley and updating the software you can basically add an entire yaris worth of additional power for only like a little over a grand. and unlike the high revving high strung M5 of the day (gotta love the V10 though) which basically explodes once you pass 100,000 miles and has no power until like 5000 rpm, the E55 ALWAYS makes A LOT of power and has proven itself to last over 400,000 miles and still be very fast and refined.

on the highway i like putting the transmission into manual mode and just keeping it in 5th gear, you never need to downshift! it accelerates harder at 2000 rpm in 5th gear than many cars will accelerate PERIOD! very cool piece of hardware this machine. life is just too short to be without adrenaline, and the V8 Kompressor is a giant syringe...
Old 02-18-18, 02:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

oh it's really something else, and don't forget by just changing the supercharger pulley and updating the software you can basically add an entire yaris worth of additional power for only like a little over a grand. and unlike the high revving high strung M5 of the day (gotta love the V10 though) which basically explodes once you pass 100,000 miles and has no power until like 5000 rpm, the E55 ALWAYS makes A LOT of power and has proven itself to last over 400,000 miles and still be very fast and refined.

on the highway i like putting the transmission into manual mode and just keeping it in 5th gear, you never need to downshift! it accelerates harder at 2000 rpm in 5th gear than many cars will accelerate PERIOD! very cool piece of hardware this machine. life is just too short to be without adrenaline, and the V8 Kompressor is a giant syringe...
Unless you are just keeping it from lugging (which is also bad for an engine) using a shorter-than-necessary gear on the highway, though, will add RPMs, engine noise, and use more fuel and oil.
Old 02-18-18, 03:27 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Unless you are just keeping it from lugging (which is also bad for an engine) using a shorter-than-necessary gear on the highway, though, will add RPMs, engine noise, and use more fuel and oil.
5th is the highest gear, only a 5 speed auto back in the day. you can go from 25 to 135 in 3rd gear alone!
Old 02-21-18, 05:17 AM
2Insane
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I am not surprised to see another Mustang owner crashing his car. Seems like every week a new video is being posted of a Mustang crashing into crowds, trees, homes, and walls. They have made themselves the biggest joke in the car culture.

Quick Reply: Guy Crashes Mustang Leaving Auto Show, Perpetuates Mustang Owner Stereotypes