Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Guy Crashes Mustang Leaving Auto Show, Perpetuates Mustang Owner Stereotypes

Old 04-06-16, 11:52 AM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
These videos are funny. This asshat almost killed a few people
mustang owners
Old 04-06-16, 12:01 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

LMAO 3 crashes in one day!! Must be a common ocurrence at these meets.

Old 04-06-16, 12:02 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
Doesn't TC/VSC kick in?
1990's Lexus SC, had not been invented yet. At least my 1992 doesn't have any sort of electronic driving aids other than ABS.

Anybody else notice all these retard Mustang drivers always have plenty of pedestrians and traffic to run into when they're "showboating" That guy in the white Mustang is lucky he didn't kill somebody.

Also, more Mustangs wrecking, these are mostly on the drag strip. I feel bad for some of these guys, as it looks like the track prep was ***** or somebody had dropped oil or coolant on the track. Some of them should've invested in a wheelie bar. Always crazy when your car does such a huge wheelstand it actually flys backwards and rolls.

Last edited by Aron9000; 04-06-16 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-06-16, 12:36 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I always check my six when I'm stopped -- I try to expect idiots like this.
Old 04-06-16, 02:01 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

i'm loving where this thread is going
Old 04-06-16, 05:23 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

lol why dont they learn from the previous mustangs' mistakes. Its like its back to back and they think they can defy the laws of physics while others can't
Old 04-06-16, 08:20 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
lol why dont they learn from the previous mustangs' mistakes. Its like its back to back and they think they can defy the laws of physics while others can't
Well in the Mustang guys defense, there are A LOT of them out on the roads, it is the #1 selling small car with a V8 for 50+ years. So of course you're going to have more tards giving you a bad name.
Old 04-07-16, 12:28 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

If I were the local police agency, I'd be all over that.
Old 04-07-16, 10:17 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Doesn't TC/VSC kick in?
Originally Posted by Aron9000
1990's Lexus SC, had not been invented yet. At least my 1992 doesn't have any sort of electronic driving aids other than ABS.
I was referring to the Mustangs that are pretty new.

Once I had someone who was tailgating me switch lanes. In doing so he clipped the rear right side of my car, making my car go turning anticlockwise. essentially a PIT maneuver. The TC/VSC kicked in right away helping me stabilize the car and preventing me from driving off the freeway at 70mph.
Old 04-07-16, 10:20 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
I always check my six when I'm stopped -- I try to expect idiots like this.
I always check my six when I touch my brakes, knowing well enough that idiots are not even paying attention to the car ahead of them, but relying on speed of the cars in adjacent lanes, which might still be going whereas I am slowing down.
Old 04-07-16, 10:23 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I was referring to the Mustangs that are pretty new.

Once I had someone who was tailgating me switch lanes. In doing so he clipped the rear right side of my car, making my car go turning anticlockwise. essentially a PIT maneuver. The TC/VSC kicked in right away helping me stabilize the car and preventing me from driving off the freeway at 70mph.
Clearly he was trying to burn out on purpose, so it's not hard to imagine he disabled his traction/stability control system. Unlike in some cars, when you turn it off in the Mustang it's actually off.
Old 04-07-16, 10:45 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

. . . . and this, gentlemen, is why we don't let small children play with straight razors.
Old 04-07-16, 10:48 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Clearly he was trying to burn out on purpose, so it's not hard to imagine he disabled his traction/stability control system. Unlike in some cars, when you turn it off in the Mustang it's actually off.
That's probably why the Mustang stuck with that heavy and durable live rear axle all those years (just until very recently), even after competitors had gone to IRS. Besides being simpler to produce, it was durable enough that it could take a lot of the abuse that those immature Mustang owners routinely gave it with burnouts.
Old 04-07-16, 02:26 PM
NRX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tc1728
What an a$$hole, he checked out his front end damage before seeing if the people he hit were ok...
Agreed! A$$hole he is 100% He's not only concerned for his car but is pretty pissed off as if it wasn't his fault but someone else's or bad karma or something.

Also, I don't get what's the big deal with these muscle cars. It's built over frameworks that are $20K rentals so what exactly are the owners/driver trying to show off
Old 04-07-16, 02:41 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NRX
Agreed! A$$hole he is 100% He's not only concerned for his car but is pretty pissed off as if it wasn't his fault but someone else's or bad karma or something.

Also, I don't get what's the big deal with these muscle cars. It's built over frameworks that are $20K rentals so what exactly are the owners/driver trying to show off
Yeah total douche bag move, not even checking on the other person.

As for the showing off, well its about the pride in that you wrenched on that car for god knows how many hours hopping it up and making it into that badass machine. Its just go show off on the drag strip, not on the street at the cruise in. Stupid people like these Mustang drivers create unwanted attention from the cops. Once incident like that wreck and they're shutting down your cruise in at the Wal-Mart and start hassling people with loud/modified cars driving the speed limit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Guy Crashes Mustang Leaving Auto Show, Perpetuates Mustang Owner Stereotypes