Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My red 1995 300ZX NA 2+2

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-16, 07:44 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default My red 1995 300ZX NA 2+2

Hi guys this is my latest project I was looking at a 2000 SC4 but this stole my attention. Sorry

This is the 4th Zcar... 81' 280zx turbo, 90' ZX 2+2 5spd na stage VI, 91 auto ZX TT stage V & now I'm back in 95' ZX 2+2 stage IV

Red 1995 300ZX 2+2 NA

Exhaust clip right after installation of the magnaflow 14805
http://youtu.be/vSSPp5iAZgw

Check it out with the earbuds!

That my brothers 92' black Porsche 968 that's modded to the gills!!!!!!!!!! Headers, perf clutch, intake, exhaust, coilovers, programmer, performance ecu, etc <br/>

1995 Nissan 300ZX (Fairlady Z) 2+2
Red with black/charcoal leather interior

Absolutely no mechanical (all maintenance completed to the highest standard) or electrical problem every switch works. Perfect interior mats carpet glass leather and suede is perfect

Here's just a few of many maintenance and investments:

New front fascia (Japan imported 99' spec) replaced

New rear wing (Twin Z Design) replaced with 99' JDM spec

New tail lights ('99 Japan spec JDM) replaced
New cowls and glass moldings

Custom aluminum racing pedals and dead pedal by Autovation

Custom charcoal (matches the seat leather perfectly) Napa leather automatic shift boot cover imported by Redline

All lights are converted to LED interior and exterior

UHP trunk lid strut (pops up automatically!)

Hella horn replaced

valve gaskets & hoses air pumps replaced

New MagnaFlow #14805 stainless steel dual tip mufflers with stainless X-pipe drone branch resonators and Hiflo 100 CEL cats

Jim Wolf Technology POP Velocity stack cold air intake with aluminum hard pipes

19" staggered BBS styled staggered wheels

19" Nitto tires

Tanabe lowering springs

Monroe performance shocks

High Performance SPL V3 rear control arm camber plates etc

Earthling ground kit

Carbon fiber Hydrodip interior bits. Radio bezel, handles, dome light, vent housing, etc

Carbon fiber Hydrodip wiper arms

25th anniversary classic dash bezel plaque

25th anniversary SMZ style classic quarter window decals from black water graphics 300zx.co.uk

Alpine stereo with new Alpine speakers and AUX jack

Black tinted and beautiful red LED lights for parking and interior lights

Comes with keyless access remote control and anti-theft alarm)

Last edited by The Ikon; 03-14-16 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-14-16, 07:49 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Here's my right after the exhaust installation:

http://youtu.be/vSSPp5iAZgw

Plug in the earbuds and give it a listen... Sounds better now that was an hour after. Sounds more throaty and linear now...
Old 03-14-16, 07:59 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice, I had a mint 94 Slicktop Z32. Sold it and bought Supra Hardtop. Plan was for a full 6spd 2jzgte swap into the Z32 but it was too mint ha ha. Guy that bought it plans to do LS7 swap in it.
Old 03-14-16, 08:09 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by plex
Nice, I had a mint 94 Slicktop Z32. Sold it and bought Supra Hardtop. Plan was for a full 6spd 2jzgte swap into the Z32 but it was too mint ha ha. Guy that bought it plans to do LS7 swap in it.
Tell him to not bastardized a mint car... Especially a rare find as a slick top! If you find a mint Z32 keep it that way! Because the FnF franchise has ruined a ton of the 90s sports cars.

I own one of 981 300ZX na made in the US in 1995. How many are left that's mint or even just truly very clean?

I can tell ya! Not many... If he wants to butcher one he can buy one that's needing a motor in ok condition for a couple grand and leave the slick alone!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-16, 08:48 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Clean Z there. Most z32's are trashed and clean ones are very rare. Glad to see another clean z live on.
Old 03-14-16, 09:44 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Love the Z, you don't see one that clean very often.
Old 03-15-16, 03:19 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KA8
Clean Z there. Most z32's are trashed and clean ones are very rare. Glad to see another clean z live on.
Thanks I like to keep my classic's pure and yet give it an updated profile without being garish.

Just like the first gen SC they're all toast around here and it's sad! It's a high dollar luxury GT that's has been turned into a high school boys beater!😡

This was an award winning top flight automobile... Hopefully a few will be spared and survive the butchery! A few tasteful mods is ok to give personality but y'all know what I'm saying.
Old 03-15-16, 03:28 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Love the Z, you don't see one that clean very often.
Thanks! Not around my parts for sure... From Memphis to Jackson MS.
Old 03-15-16, 03:45 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Also I just got a manual 75' 280Z today the first year of the 280 not sure if it's going to be a parts car or project! Once I have my mechanic inspect the quarter panel damage we'll see. I'll be posting pics tomorrow.
Old 03-15-16, 04:52 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by The Ikon
Tell him to not bastardized a mint car... Especially a rare find as a slick top! If you find a mint Z32 keep it that way! Because the FnF franchise has ruined a ton of the 90s sports cars.

I own one of 981 300ZX na made in the US in 1995. How many are left that's mint or even just truly very clean?

I can tell ya! Not many... If he wants to butcher one he can buy one that's needing a motor in ok condition for a couple grand and leave the slick alone!!!!!!!
The issue with the Z32 was that it sold so well then it hurt them after. The volume of production compared to the other JDM cars of the 90's was very high. The VG was also another downfall, it is a great motor but it's complexity led to a lot of neglect by owners when it came to maintenance. Even some mechanics/shops were not thrilled to work on them. Supply and Demand brought the price way down in the used car market. Imagine if they had a RB30 in it instead of the VG30, no one would pull that motor out for a LS or even a 2jz.
Old 03-15-16, 06:57 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Still my favorite Z of all time
Old 03-15-16, 07:15 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by plex
The issue with the Z32 was that it sold so well then it hurt them after. The volume of production compared to the other JDM cars of the 90's was very high. The VG was also another downfall, it is a great motor but it's complexity led to a lot of neglect by owners when it came to maintenance. Even some mechanics/shops were not thrilled to work on them. Supply and Demand brought the price way down in the used car market. Imagine if they had a RB30 in it instead of the VG30, no one would pull that motor out for a LS or even a 2jz.
If you compare the z32 and the other zcars the z32 didn't sell as much as Nissan wanted.
Agree 100% Now you're right it out sold the other jdm sports cars because it was a better most awarded car in its production run & all around car of its era.

Now the prices are getting higher for clean models and I'm glad. It's all about loyalty too... Vetted outsold Asian sport cars and etc but you'll never find a Vette owner of a rare Chevy advocating putting a Japanese engine in it! Or Porsche 911 doing the same....

But I feel you... Tell your friend to not do it!!!!!!!! Sell me or another Zcar enthusiast the car I'm serious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot me his info via pm.

Last edited by The Ikon; 03-15-16 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-15-16, 07:28 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Still my favorite Z of all time
Mine too... I had a 350z for about 16 months and it was fun but not segment changing as the ZX, rx7, supra was & still are... The quality and fit and finish of my ZX is leaps and bounds above the new era Z.

But to be fair the Z was the USA version of the skyline it was top Nissan/Infiniti sports car/GT and the new Z is an new try at the ole 240z concept but more like a fast 240sx.

Lexus cars are still quality tight to this day!!! 😎. That is what the new z needs.
Old 03-15-16, 08:22 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by The Ikon
If you compare the z32 and the other zcars the z32 didn't sell as much as Nissan wanted.
Agree 100% Now you're right it out sold the other jdm sports cars because it was a better most awarded car in its production run & all around car of its era.

Now the prices are getting higher for clean models and I'm glad. It's all about loyalty too... Vetted outsold Asian sport cars and etc but you'll never find a Vette owner of a rare Chevy advocating putting a Japanese engine in it! Or Porsche 911 doing the same....

But I feel you... Tell your friend to not do it!!!!!!!! Sell me or another Zcar enthusiast the car I'm serious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot me his info via pm.
Prices are getting higher somewhat I listed mine for 9K and was told I was crazy how it was too high for a NA etc...people argued they can get TT's for 3K but those are beat up not well taken care of cars. Majority of people wanting to buy them look for cheapest one and when they do get one they cheap out on mods neglect maintenance and pass it on to the next owner.

The guy that bought it was the only person that came to see it, we closed deal at less than asking price. He previously had a TT and didn't want to go back the VG route. He's not my friend just some guy off craigslist.
Old 03-15-16, 10:08 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Wow, that is super clean.

From time to time, I get nostalgic and scour the net for a CLEAN, unmolested (stock) 95/96 2+2 manual, black interior Z.
All I find are the F+F, beige ext/tan int.

I managed to cross off my bucket list of the old 90s car: SC400 and NSX.

I have the Z left, maybe a 3000GT and a KITT car

Quick Reply: My red 1995 300ZX NA 2+2