Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Enough Moaning, Cause Lexus F Sport Sales Are Booming

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-15, 06:56 PM
adpock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enough Moaning, Cause Lexus F Sport Sales Are Booming

Some folks think that F Sport cars don't really deserve to be called F. Sales numbers show it's high time to get over it though.

Read the rest on the Club Lexus homepage. >>
Old 10-29-15, 08:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Latest three Lexus have only been F Sports!
Old 10-29-15, 09:40 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Since these packages do little in terms of performance, it's an interesting study on how people go for cosmetics. Either way, Lexus has found a nice way to gather up more sales and profits.
Old 10-29-15, 10:45 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can see the logic & apparent success behind the F badge. For the vast majority of people an upgrade in suspension, sway bars and a few dashes of unicorn horn interior is enough for daily driving. Hooking on ramps & exits with a little spirited canyon carving one doesn't really need a lot. Except control. In fact I'll be the first to admit when starting out handling a mere 150hp vehicle in auto X was challenging in itself. I learned a lot. So cheers for Lexus in maintaining course.
However....
Please leave a few cushy rides as that was part of it's original DNA. Not everything has to be sport tuned canyon carving whiplastic jet of a vehicle.
Old 10-30-15, 04:56 AM
GSCT
Pit Crew

[QUOTE=rxonmymind;9234616However....
Please leave a few cushy rides as that was part of it's original DNA. Not everything has to be sport tuned canyon carving whiplastic jet of a vehicle.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are two choices - leave the control on "regular", or buy the non F Sport version.
Old 10-30-15, 05:32 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

[quote=GSCT]
Originally Posted by rxonmymind;9234616However....
Please leave a few cushy rides as that was part of it's original DNA. Not everything has to be sport tuned canyon carving whiplastic jet of a vehicle.[/QUOTE

Well, there are two choices - leave the control on "regular", or buy the non F Sport version.
I believe most of the F sports come with a slightly stiffer base suspension. Also the majority of the F Sports have no suspension change when you put it in sport vs regular. I think the only one that does change the suspension is the IS350.
Old 10-30-15, 07:26 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
However....
Please leave a few cushy rides as that was part of it's original DNA. Not everything has to be sport tuned canyon carving whiplastic jet of a vehicle.
+1

That's something the industry seems to be forgetting.
Old 10-30-15, 09:27 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSCT
Originally Posted by EZZ
I believe most of the F sports come with a slightly stiffer base suspension. Also the majority of the F Sports have no suspension change when you put it in sport vs regular. I think the only one that does change the suspension is the IS350.
In purchasing any F sport do they come with the traditional blue springs that are a wee bit stiffer than regular correct?
Now are you saying Lexus now has the ability to "dial-a-ride" on the fly? If so we've come a long ways. The MB my wife & I were in and the loaner IS neither made a hint of difference. Perhaps I did the procedure wrong or my expectations were high. I was expecting being able to go from a RX 330 ride to an F sport at a turn if a dial. Didn't happen. In fact nothing happened. Lol. Made several passes over the same bumpy road and we were disappointed.
Old 10-30-15, 09:55 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

In purchasing any F sport do they come with the traditional blue springs that are a wee bit stiffer than regular correct?
Now are you saying Lexus now has the ability to "dial-a-ride" on the fly? If so we've come a long ways. The MB my wife & I were in and the loaner IS neither made a hint of difference. Perhaps I did the procedure wrong or my expectations were high. I was expecting being able to go from a RX 330 ride to an F sport at a turn if a dial. Didn't happen. In fact nothing happened. Lol. Made several passes over the same bumpy road and we were disappointed.
On the GS F sport, S+ stiffens up the suspension. I love it and that's all I leave it on.

It's more noticable on turns than bumpy butt meter-wise

Last edited by GS3Tek; 10-27-22 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-30-15, 10:47 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

I guess only the GS and IS 350 F-sport have the variable suspension. You have to put it in Sport + mode which is done by setting the dial to sport and then turning the dial again to sport. The sport + will stiffen up the steering and suspension and will have a much more aggressive throttle response. Sport mode only provide a more aggressive throttle response.

To me, the F-sport package isn't worth it without the Sport + function.
Old 10-30-15, 10:59 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

LS doesn't have this? Or perhaps the LS F does I think? Reading the following

"By monitoring the road surface, vehicle speed and your own driving style, the F SPORT-tuned, lowered Adaptive Variable Air Suspension automatically adjusts the shock absorbers' damping force for optimal comfort and control, helping you to carve through corners with precision."

Last edited by rxonmymind; 10-30-15 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-30-15, 11:26 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

The '16 RX F Sport has the variable suspension, as well as non-US NX200t F Sports. So the US F Sports with variable suspension would be the LS, GS, IS350, and RX.
Old 10-30-15, 12:07 PM
Mokey
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know the difference between F and F-Sport, but Lexus has downgraded the F-Sport package because in the past it would also have included the upgraded brakes, exhaust, and intake I believe.
Old 10-30-15, 04:41 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Mokey
i know the difference between F and F-Sport, but Lexus has downgraded the F-Sport package because in the past it would also have included the upgraded brakes, exhaust, and intake I believe.
You're thinking of the F-Sport Accessories package which is a higher-tune set-up compared to the F-Sport Factory package that you see on the dealership lots.

This video provides a detailed explanation between the two F-Sport packages:

Old 10-30-15, 06:15 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

They gain several mass market future consumers for every "living in the past" Lexus owner they lose.

Quick Reply: Enough Moaning, Cause Lexus F Sport Sales Are Booming