Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Driver Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care' (UPDATE: 15 yrs prison time)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-15, 08:55 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Video evidence
Video evidence, including a total lack of empathy or remorse.
Old 10-22-15, 08:57 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by EZZ
I agree. The very LEAST he should get is hit and run. Which by the way is many years in jail. He's a scumbag and the very fact he didn't stop and help the people out infers intent. Sorry but he's doomed when a jury sees this. Glad he's old...don't want people like him remaining long in this world
If you see the full clip, you see he stayed at the scene. You can't get charged with hit and run if you don't run.
Old 10-22-15, 09:00 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

To me they were both at fault especially the car trying to knock him down, but most often Motorcycle riders are too aggressive and act like douches when riding and over speeding.. I generally side with cars because most people are just traveling while most Riders are joying riding or racing..

In my area, there's a problem with Bikers, they go like 120-150 pass people that's cruising along at 70-80mph, and when you're making a lane change at 70-75mph (the lane is clear at that time) and the Bike comes flying up on the car at 150mph and the driver didn't see them until its too late.. And The Biker gets Angry and says you were trying to wreck them?? Like really??.. You're going 150mph and fly up on someones blind spot while they were making a lane change which no one was present at that time and half way during the lane change the Biker appears in that lane.. Who's at fault?

This has happen to me a few times: while coming onto a freeway ramp, there's one lane that split into two, and the two entry lanes merge onto the highway.. Everyone start in one lane and a second lane comes open to the left, so naturally everyone gravitates to that left lane to be closer to that first lane on the freeway.. I had this Rider behind me, I was going 45-50 in the first lane and as the 2 lanes emerges on the ramp, I'm about to accelerate to about 65 to merge into that left lane, The Rider decides to go around me when I already 1/3 into the next lane.. I saw him and pulled back and he looks at me and Shakes his head like I did that intentionally.. If I wasn't a good driver, he would have been Road kill.. I was in a 4500 pound SUV just taking family around.. (and the Nerve of the Rider that stares me down and shakes his head, for a moment he matched my speed like he's thinking what he can do to retaliate towards me.. and then he realizes it isn't worth tangling with a 4500 pound SUV and takes off..

I'm not a biker hater, I have a few friends that ride but they don't over speed and act like Douches.. However majority of Riders I encounter especially on Speed bikes are these Douches.. and some of them deserve what's coming to them..

On 2nd though of that Video: Thats a small clip and can be taken out of context.. The riders could have acting in an harassing manner.. and everyone judges on the car's action but what happened before that.?. What did they do, cars usually don't try to ram people for no reason.. They got to be following him or harassing him in some way to warrant that.
Old 10-22-15, 09:00 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Video evidence, including a total lack of empathy or remorse.
Yep most people that cause an accident will apologize. Never heard this scumbags apology.
Old 10-22-15, 09:02 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

If you see the full clip, you see he stayed at the scene. You can't get charged with hit and run if you don't run.
My mistake. If he stayed, he has a much better chance in court.
Old 10-22-15, 09:59 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Explain how this was accidental? Let's see, he comes out telling everyone he doesn't care. He doesn't help the people or check to see if the people he hit are ok. Yea sounds very accidental to me. LOL

People just accidentally take their steering wheel and violently turn it into the opposite lanes all the time
since that does not happen according to you, this was intentional. How clever!
Old 10-22-15, 10:00 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Yep most people that cause an accident will apologize. Never heard this scumbags apology.
So if he had apologized, this was to be deemed an accident?
Old 10-22-15, 10:03 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
On 2nd though of that Video: Thats a small clip and can be taken out of context.. The riders could have acting in an harassing manner.. and everyone judges on the car's action but what happened before that.?. What did they do, cars usually don't try to ram people for no reason.. They got to be following him or harassing him in some way to warrant that.
Here's the full video:

Old 10-22-15, 10:07 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chikoo
"Oh my god! Oh my god! Is everyone OK?? I got stung by a wasp--I had no idea you were illegally passing me! Are you OK???"

How about like that? No admission of guilt whatsoever.

Seriously--the guy has been criminally charged. Sure--a jury still has to find him guilty--but the prosecutor clearly believes there is enough evidence from the video and eyewitness testimony, and his reaction, to get a conviction.

Last edited by tex2670; 10-22-15 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-22-15, 10:18 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

This is what I'm talking about, As the Video rider is coming up on the other rider at head at 1:22-1:29.. What did this rider do before the video guy come up.. Did he already try to make an illegal pass or was acting a douche..?? Why would he just do that unless something was already at play before the video rider came up to them. From the video, it looks like they were following very close to the car in front. yes the video shows what the car did, but what happened before the Video guy came up on them?
Old 10-22-15, 10:19 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

I guess if OBL had also apologized after he blew up the twin towers, we would have shown mercy? LOL. He was still deemed guilty.
Old 10-22-15, 10:33 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

since that does not happen according to you, this was intentional. How clever!
Do you ever answer questions to back up your stance? What makes you think that this was absolutely not an intentional act? Details please

Last edited by Diesel350; 10-22-15 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-22-15, 10:37 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Um usually in an accident where someone is seriously injured the other person goes to check up on the injured person to make sure they are ok. I mean that's common sense.
Old 10-22-15, 10:47 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

I guess if OBL had also apologized after he blew up the twin towers, we would have shown mercy? LOL. He was still deemed guilty.
Please do not compare the deaths of 3000 people at the hands of a horrible terrorist attack to the actions of this driver. It has no place in this discussion.
Old 10-22-15, 11:04 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Please do not compare the deaths of 3000 people at the hands of a horrible terrorist attack to the actions of this driver. It has no place in this discussion.
it does. do not say it is not.

Quick Reply: Driver Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care' (UPDATE: 15 yrs prison time)