Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (updated pg.2)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-17, 07:49 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
You can get that kind of discount on any JGC. Deep discounts are the name of the game on any Chrysler. I was looking at Pacificas, they advertise 15% off on them too.
Not on any SRT8 when they first came out and low in supply. Now its flooding the market and the 707hp is coming out next year, then yes.
Old 04-13-17, 08:05 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Not on any SRT8 when they first came out and low in supply. Now its flooding the market and the 707hp is coming out next year, then yes.
Well not when it first came out no, but it will be no different with the TrackHawk after a little bit.
Old 04-13-17, 08:12 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Well not when it first came out no, but it will be no different with the TrackHawk after a little bit.
i agree and thats what i meant on post 26.
Old 04-13-17, 10:42 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Question is........who's going to buy it?
i got a X6M, and I'm interested in this since it's much cheaper and faster, now only if I can like the interior...
Old 04-13-17, 01:28 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I like that they designed this thing to tow as well(this was a major design flaw with the 1st gen GC SRT8, it had a center mount exhaust where the tow hitch would normally go). 7000lb tow capacity, you'll be first to the lake with the boat for sure. The AWD will be nice pulling up the boat ramp as well, no spinning tires on that slippery as snot steep ramp.

Last edited by Aron9000; 04-13-17 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-13-17, 03:07 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blacksc400
i got a X6M, and I'm interested in this since it's much cheaper and faster, now only if I can like the interior...
for preparation of possibility buying the Trackhawk, I went to the dealer and examined the Jeep SRT8. Everything is doable and comfortable besides a HUGE plastic piece on the drivers door panel. To make it worse, right above it was a large strip of carbon fiber piece. How and why would Jeep cheap out on a piece of interior body trim when the truck MSRP over 71k?? Plastic simply does not belong in anything cost over 50k, not to mention top trim. Put some cheap, fake black foam in its place at least. Just like the brand new Lincoln Navigator I shopped 2 years ago, plastic everywhere for an $80 luxury truck
Old 04-13-17, 08:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

for preparation of possibility buying the Trackhawk, I went to the dealer and examined the Jeep SRT8. Everything is doable and comfortable besides a HUGE plastic piece on the drivers door panel. To make it worse, right above it was a large strip of carbon fiber piece. How and why would Jeep cheap out on a piece of interior body trim when the truck MSRP over 71k?? Plastic simply does not belong in anything cost over 50k, not to mention top trim. Put some cheap, fake black foam in its place at least. Just like the brand new Lincoln Navigator I shopped 2 years ago, plastic everywhere for an $80 luxury truck
methinks thou doth protest too much. i'm guessing what you saw looks something like this:

this hardly looks 'cheap' to me.

perhaps you missed the leather covering the top of the dash, the suede like material on the a-pillars and ceiling, etc. it's really very classy. but hey, if a plastic door panel puts you, i guess that rules out, what 99.9% of vehicles?
Old 04-13-17, 09:00 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
methinks thou doth protest too much. i'm guessing what you saw looks something like this:

this hardly looks 'cheap' to me.

perhaps you missed the leather covering the top of the dash, the suede like material on the a-pillars and ceiling, etc. it's really very classy. but hey, if a plastic door panel puts you, i guess that rules out, what 99.9% of vehicles?
you must missed me indicating "doable and comfortable" besides the huge plastic door panel. Looking at a few generic pictures and actually sitting in the SUV and touching the huge plastic piece when closing the door (daily if bought) is completely different story. Suede and leather seats are a nice touch. But anyone spending that kind of money expects it to differentiate from the lower trims.

just to be clear, the plastic trim is the whole piece surrounding the speaker, which is the whole lower half, which will be touched by the knee every drive
Old 04-13-17, 09:06 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

btw I would take the 40k grand Cherokee seats over the suede in a heart beat
Attached Thumbnails 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (updated pg.2)-img_4092.jpg  
Old 04-13-17, 10:20 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Looking at a few generic pictures and actually sitting in the SUV and touching the huge plastic piece when closing the door (daily if bought) is completely different story.
you're right, but i own a '15 GC Summit (top non-SRT trim) which is very similar to SRT (seats are more bolstered on SRT and a few other minor differences, but otherwise very close). plastic on the lower door doesn't bother me.
Old 04-14-17, 12:36 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My whole door panels and everywhere else is covered with full leather, or suede
But I guess it's too much to ask for a 70k car, for the power/value I think Jeep is worth it.
Old 04-14-17, 03:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

btw I would take the 40k grand Cherokee seats over the suede in a heart beat
To be fair, those are the $60k Summit with optional full leather seats, not the $40k seats.

But I agree, JGC has very good material quality especially on upper trims. That Summit with the extended leather option has a fully stitched leather door panel and dash, lower and upper.
Old 04-14-17, 07:09 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

LOL, first word problems. I too recently got an X6M, and its obviously in a whole different league from the GC, trackhawk or not. While the overall interior of the GC isn't terrible, albeit rough around the edges, that antiquated display with what appears to be touchscreen control is so 2007.
Old 04-14-17, 07:18 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The center screen and the Uconnect infotainment system are actually excellent in the Jeep. One of the better systems out, just tried it in the new Pacifica and it's a couple generations in now and excellent, and I had the first generation of it in my 2014 JGC. Yes it's touchscreen but that's a preference either way.
Old 04-14-17, 03:43 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
LOL, first word problems. I too recently got an X6M, and its obviously in a whole different league from the GC, trackhawk or not. While the overall interior of the GC isn't terrible, albeit rough around the edges, that antiquated display with what appears to be touchscreen control is so 2007.
lol, uconnect has been praised far and wide as simple and straightforward. how about idrive reviews?

anyway, congrats on the x6m - awesome!

i'm fine with my lowly jgc summit. i overheard some people today saying "who owns that jeep outside, wow that's nice!"

Quick Reply: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (updated pg.2)