Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-15, 10:37 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)

Honda Cars Philippines Inc used to sell the American Odyssey for many years. This time around, the Japan-made version has replaced it and imho, it is a much better vehicle this time around

HONDA ODYSSEY - LEFT HAND DRIVE VERSION = MADE IN JAPAN

Now available in the Philippines

DBA-RC1

Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-iv6ke9c.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-ndsrcwz.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-cujd2cl.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-kydq2ij.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-s5hrxb5.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-qyz7ub9.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-swxn7w2.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-tali7ju.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-q6vsuzu.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-l9ohz4x.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-3l0ifb1.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-fuc6rh0.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-ifazmao.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-cbmye5i.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-sbl8zm7.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-jtzlozn.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-co5lj4q.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-55ve4le.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-79binvc.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-zz994v2.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-sdbmjyh.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-lw1j4nb.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-148lppu.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-w9azznd.jpg
Old 05-18-15, 10:38 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-jwpedla.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-0gaqmtb.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-al0msge.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-w0ctggy.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-elavowo.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-mmxouvp.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-jhg8efp.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-2rj6e5g.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-akzw2nj.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-wns9j6e.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-wqvl4s9.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-lwjb0vu.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-chckgf0.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-uazbvk8.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-eal0ddb.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-fel0gik.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-ovnqibv.jpg
Honda Odyssey (Japan-made version) = LHD model - Now available in the Philippines =)-psfgzzs.jpg

Due to popular demand, there is a two-month backlog for the new Japan-made Odyssey.

Honda PH says there is a two month backlog for the Odyssey

The all-new Honda Odyssey was launched only in March this year to replace the US-made version that had been sold locally for three years since 2012. Well, Honda Cars Philippines apparently was not prepared for the motoring public’s demand for the Japan-made Odyssey because, according to our source from the Japanese carmaker’s local distributor, there is now a two-month backlog for the minivan’s orders.

"We weren’t anticipating this kind of demand for the all-new Odyssey," a source told TopGear.com.ph. "It’s a good problem, and it’s something we’re addressing now by shipping in more units."

Why is the Japanese-made Odyssey more popular than the US-made version? Is it because its shorter length means it’s easier to drive around the metro? Or is it because its 2.4-liter in-line-four engine and CVT make it a more fuel-efficient minivan than the 3.5-liter V6 and six-speed automatic transmission of the previous model?

Anyway, if you’re planning to buy the new Odyssey, may we suggest that you place your order now lest your waiting time become even longer?

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indus...og-for-odyssey
I'm excited that I will get to see more units of the Japan-made Odyssey here in the country =)

P.S.

Short video of me trying out and experimenting with the Auto Parking Assist feature (which is the first Honda vehicle in the Philippines to have this feature)

Last edited by Blackraven; 05-18-15 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-19-15, 10:24 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Personally, I find this version more exciting than the American version Odyssey.

The Japan-made Odyssey for me is:
-More dynamic
-More sleek
-Better center-of-gravity
-Less bulky

What do you guys think?
Old 05-19-15, 01:03 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Some of those materials are on par with Acura especially the steering wheel shot. Host of technology too. The front is wild. Has some Vellfire/Alphard influence. DRL looks like it came from an LS. Not a fan of the side, looks too plain considering the front and rear
Old 05-20-15, 02:06 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Some of those materials are on par with Acura especially the steering wheel shot. Host of technology too. The front is wild. Has some Vellfire/Alphard influence. DRL looks like it came from an LS. Not a fan of the side, looks too plain considering the front and rear
Hehe thanks for your insight and comments
Old 05-20-15, 08:24 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I see the reviews of the new American made Odyssey have been revealed. The new one looks like a SUV to me.
Old 05-20-15, 08:55 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

As usual, the US gets the watered down version.
But then again, the exterior is too much for the general public here
Interior looks great.

Till this day, I don't know why honda (and kia) can't figure out how to hide the sliding door tracks
They finally got rid of the stupid lightning bolt rear window.

Is it a patent thing b/c toyota and dodge knows how to hide it.
Old 05-20-15, 11:23 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
As usual, the US gets the watered down version.
But then again, the exterior is too much for the general public here
Interior looks great.

Till this day, I don't know why honda (and kia) can't figure out how to hide the sliding door tracks
They finally got rid of the stupid lightning bolt rear window.

Is it a patent thing b/c toyota and dodge knows how to hide it.
I was going to say the 'Z' was quite controversial at release. Most seem to have accepted it for now.

Old 05-20-15, 04:06 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

looks nice... it is always nicer than US market versions due to the pricing of course.
Old 05-22-15, 05:40 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks so much better than the US version.
Old 05-26-15, 08:00 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

One obvious difference is that while the American version has a V6 engine, the Odyssey that is built in Suzuka, Japan only comes in 2.4 liter inline-four cylinder engine.

For most overseas markets, this is more than enough......but my guess is that it may not be enough for the USA market.

Just my guess...
Old 05-26-15, 09:29 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
One obvious difference is that while the American version has a V6 engine, the Odyssey that is built in Suzuka, Japan only comes in 2.4 liter inline-four cylinder engine.

For most overseas markets, this is more than enough......but my guess is that it may not be enough for the USA market.

Just my guess...
The international (rest-of-the-world) Odyssey is MUCH smaller (and likely much lighter, due to smaller size) than the American Odyssey MAXIvan. This is what I found on Wikipedia:

International Odyssey:
Wheelbase 2,900 mm (114.2 in)
Length 4,830 mm (190.2 in) (1ft shorter)
Width 1,800 mm (70.9 in) (9in narrower)
Height 1,685 mm (66.3 in) to 1,715 mm (67.5 in)

North American Odyssey:
Wheelbase 118.1 in (3,000 mm)
Length 202.9 in (5,154 mm)
Width 79.2 in (2,012 mm)
Height 68.4 in (1,737 mm)

Too bad we can no longer get true MINIvans anymore here in North America.